Video: NY Biker road rage incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone see this madness? I think the only thing I would've done differently was call the police while they were chasing me...and try to find the nearest police station.

bounce

Reaction score
I saw the story on CNN. Outrageous. You can't blame the driver for running through the crowd after they attacked him. I have no qualms about mowing people down if it means protecting my wife and child. But, I agree, his best move would have been to call the police enroute, and driven to a police station. Also, stay on a highway. You have a 2000lb advantage while you're moving compared to stuck in traffic.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw the story on CNN. Outrageous. You can't blame the driver for running through the crowd after they attacked him. I have no qualms about mowing people down if it means protecting my wife and child. But, I agree, his best move would have been to call the police enroute, and driven to a police station. Also, stay on a highway. You have a 2000lb advantage while you're moving compared to stuck in traffic.

I'll be honest. I'd put good money on the fact that that would never happen in Houston. We've had several incidents where somebody was shot and killed. The first biker who walked up to the SUV would've been the first. I don't have a gun, but there's a large percentage of folks who do and have used it in just these types of incidents.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Just fyi, one of the guys who was run over is now paralyzed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to start it all off. Were the idiot bikers just blocking traffic and the SUV driver got impatient (understandable).

ANd I agree, WG, I would have put multiple holes in multiple bikers in that situation. Regardless of who was at fault at the beginning, those bikers were out of control. They way there were riding so close together at high speeds, all it would take is the guy in front to make one mistake and every one of them would have wrecked (it actually happened here on Fort Hood not long ago).

I have a motorcycle and love to ride, but those morons just give "bikers" (people who ride motorcycles, not "Bikers" as in a gang) a bad name.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just fyi, one of the guys who was run over is now paralyzed.

Yes. I heard the report on it. Both legs were crushed when he was run over and he's now in a drug-induced coma.

Thing is, we don't know what led up to the incident. You can see how a work van had to maneuver around them just before the incident started. And I see that one, maybe the guy run over, seemed to slow down in front of the SUV as if to stop it...and then they started circling the SUV. I might've reacted similarly and just took off, as well, and damn the consequences.

Was listening to the radio and it seems these Hollywood Stuntas are known for these kinds of shenanigans. Where they shut down Times Square and other places around NYC.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes. I heard the report on it. Both legs were crushed when he was run over and he's now in a drug-induced coma.

Thing is, we don't know what led up to the incident. You can see how a work van had to maneuver around them just before the incident started. And I see that one, maybe the guy run over, seemed to slow down in front of the SUV as if to stop it...and then they started circling the SUV. I might've reacted similarly and just took off, as well, and damn the consequences.

Was listening to the radio and it seems these Hollywood Stuntas are known for these kinds of shenanigans. Where they shut down Times Square and other places around NYC.
Oh I don't disagree that I probably would have done the same thing. What I read was that the SUV driver had his wife and kid in the car and felt threatened, I don't think he did anything wrong at all.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'd put good money on the fact that that would never happen in Houston. We've had several incidents where somebody was shot and killed. The first biker who walked up to the SUV would've been the first. I don't have a gun, but there's a large percentage of folks who do and have used it in just these types of incidents.

The type of couple they were it still would have happened regardless of what state.
Not the gun toting type.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The type of couple they were it still would have happened regardless of what state.
Not the gun toting type.

Gotcha...

I just know there was an attorney who killed a man who walked up to his car just like that biker guy did. I don't believe he was charged with anything. People know that down here, people will shoot and ask questions later. lol So if you're going to have road rage, just keep it inside your vehicle.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would have turned this into "Speed III" and started playing whack-a-mole with the bikers flying every which way. Also, never would have exited off the freeway, just go as fast as you can, a cop would eventually notice this.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Life imitating a video game. Grand Theft Auto live thanks to some dude with a camera on his helmet. A mob of biker idiots got together and became even more stupid and decided to terrorize the streets. Yet again. Not the first time for this group. Hopefully, the last time but I have my doubts.

I heard the guy who got run over was from Mass. and had no license yet 16 tickets for speeding and other shenanigans on his bike since early 2000.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Also, never would have exited off the freeway, just go as fast as you can, a cop would eventually notice this.

That's what I was thinking, stay on the highway at a good speed, and call 9-1-1.

The video ended without seeing how how the episode ended. How did this end?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The bikers were part of a group called Hollywood Stuntz who were in the city as part of unauthorized ride to Times Square, police said.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Tuesday that a total of 200 people complained to police Sunday that the bikers were being reckless on city streets, reports the station.

In order to prevent the group from heading into Times Square this year, police set up checkpoints throughout the city. Kelly said during that effort, 15 arrests were made, 68 summonses were issued, and 55 motorcycles were confiscated.

Seems to me this group went looking for trouble, and found it.

I'm pretty sure that a guy with his wife and child was not looking for trouble, and did not invite this. He protected his family, .. good for him.

I am not against motorcycles, .. on the contrary, I have owned and ridden motorcycles for ten years, but not like these crotch-rockets. Mine is a cruiser.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I hope the bikers learned that if they are going to do any "non stop runs", they need to get a permit to do so. Otherwise, they should of respected the laws on the road.

All this could of been prevented if they got a permit.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This has been getting a ton of attention on the motorcycle forums. The guy did call the cops while he was being chased. He ran over the biker after another biker attempted to brake check him which caused him to tap the biker who went down stopping the SUV. Some of the mob tried to get in the SUV while others beat on it and slashed the tire(s). It was at that point he took off, running over the guy in the coma. He got off the highway because at least one tire was disintegrating. There are still photos taken as he was being beaten showing no tire at all remaining on the front right wheel. The SUV driver could have (and maybe should have) taken out a whole hell of a lot more of them than he did.

There are videos floating around taken by the same biker who took the one most are seeing They were filmed before this incident and show that this was no group of riders out for a nice ride. They stop traffic on sections of highway in order to use it as a playground to do their stunting. Notice how many of the bikes have no plates. The guy in the coma was cited multiple times for driving with no license over the last few years.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been getting a ton of attention on the motorcycle forums. The guy did call the cops while he was being chased. He ran over the biker after another biker attempted to brake check him which caused him to tap the biker who went down stopping the SUV. Some of the mob tried to get in the SUV while others beat on it and slashed the tire(s). It was at that point he took off, running over the guy in the coma. He got off the highway because at least one tire was disintegrating. There are still photos taken as he was being beaten showing no tire at all remaining on the front right wheel. The SUV driver could have (and maybe should have) taken out a whole hell of a lot more of them than he did.

There are videos floating around taken by the same biker who took the one most are seeing They were filmed before this incident and show that this was no group of riders out for a nice ride. They stop traffic on sections of highway in order to use it as a playground to do their stunting. Notice how many of the bikes have no plates. The guy in the coma was cited multiple times for driving with no license over the last few years.
Well, there you go.

Whatever little sympathy I had for the guy just flew out the window.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I hope the bikers learned that if they are going to do any "non stop runs", they need to get a permit to do so. Otherwise, they should of respected the laws on the road.

All this could of been prevented if they got a permit.
Can someone explain this part to me? What law is it that they would have broken before they did any of the stupidity? What is an "unauthorized ride" is it just having 50 or so motorcyclist together?

DFWJC

Reaction score
What happened to the people in the SUV.
Was the driver beaten badly? Did the wife and child get out ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.