Twitter: NY Giants claim QB Cooper Rush

JayFord

Reaction score
Coaches always get a couple guys from teams they previously coached

Londonboy

Reaction score
I wish Cooper Rush a long and happy career as a backup QB in the NFL. It makes sense for the Giants to grab him, since the pandemic is affecting training camp time, and Rush knows Garrett's offense. Laugh all you want, but this is actually a sensible move for the Giants. Also, Rush isn't guaranteed a roster spot in the Fall. If he earns a backup job, more power to him.

Frankly, I understand why people wanted Garrett to move on, and now he has. But I don't understand the visceral hatred for the man. He never gave the Cowboys less than 100% effort, and he was part of the organization for a very long time. He tried, and failed.

Is failure a valid reason to hate the man?
That's a good point, all of the Giants with a complete understanding of JG's offense are playing D.

irishline

Reaction score
The Giants have Daniel Jones, Colt McCoy and Alex Tanney. They also signed a rookie ... so I'm really not sure where Rush fits with that team unless Garrett likes him more than McCoy or Tanney.

Well Garrett did let the Browns take Tanney from our practice squad in 2013...

We had him in camp that preseason so he does already somewhat know him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

But those two doofuses on here say Garrett had no juice in Dallas and it was all Jerrys fault. They say Garrett didnt have the power to tell Kellen to run or pass.......or to bench a player.....yea ok. He didn't do it because hes a *****

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on him making the Giants. He can help the other QB's learn the system and be a camp arm.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Huh? lol The last offense Cooper Rush was part of with the Cowboys was in 2019, and Garrett was the head coach of the team.

Cooper Rush is going to steal all the Cowboys secrets, strengths and weaknesses of players because Garrett didn't know them. What a brilliant move!