NYG takes Haskins- thanx to Jason

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't remember anyone on this board in favor of playing key starters. Playing starters in a meaningless game a week before a playoff game is a much tougher position to defend. We all know why Garret did it........he wanted a 10 in season.
Maybe you better revisit some older threads. There plenty (not me) saying we should keep the pedal tot he medal to give us momentum into the playoffs

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you better revisit some older threads. There plenty (not me) saying we should keep the pedal tot he medal to give us momentum into the playoffs

Of course. You say the sun sets in the west on this board and there will be someone who disagrees.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but they are more than JUST a qb away is the point.

the giants have been trying to fix their OL with FAs and through the draft with little success for 5 years now.

overpaid for solder, will hernandez was okay as a rookie, but pugh, richburg, and flowers all flopped. it has been their main weakness and they've either not wanted to address it or when they have, it hasn't panned out as great as they hoped.

I should have qualified my statement. An OL can be rebuilt quickly when you have someone who is good at their job picking players.

The Giants fired Jerry reece. Last year was Dave Gettleman first year. He now knows what he has and what he needs.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

image: http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/OhioState_logo.gif

http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/OhioState_logo.gif
It's extremely unlikely that the Giants will land the top quarterback prospect in the class at No. 6 overall. Some team will trade up for him. Perhaps New York will do it, as it's more feasible to move up now in the wake of its loss to Dallas, which Giant fans should thank Jason Garrett for. Had the Cowboys sat their starters, the Giants would have to trade more assets to move up for a signal-caller. It just goes to show how inept Garrett is.

:clap:
That’s ridiculous. Everyone wanted to go into the playoffs with momentum. I’m not a huge Garrett fan but I thought he did a great job managing snaps for that Giants game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

image: http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/OhioState_logo.gif

http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/OhioState_logo.gif
It's extremely unlikely that the Giants will land the top quarterback prospect in the class at No. 6 overall. Some team will trade up for him. Perhaps New York will do it, as it's more feasible to move up now in the wake of its loss to Dallas, which Giant fans should thank Jason Garrett for. Had the Cowboys sat their starters, the Giants would have to trade more assets to move up for a signal-caller. It just goes to show how inept Garrett is.

:clap:
No, it just goes to show how inept some of our fans are.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s ridiculous. Everyone wanted to go into the playoffs with momentum. I’m not a huge Garrett fan but I thought he did a great job managing snaps for that Giants game.

Lot of good that did..........oh wait, I bet your one of those younger fans still basking in the glory of the wild card weekend win b/c Cowboy mediocrity has been your entire life.
But since you are younger, you probably have a really good memory. Try to harken back to week 17 of the 2017 season. We played philly in a meaningless game for them. They benched most of their starters, gifted Jason win #9, and then went on to win the super bowl.

Momentum is a bunch malarky. Jason got very lucky we sustained no major injuries........and it was for nothing anything.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Lot of good that did..........oh wait, I bet your one of those younger fans still basking in the glory of the wild card weekend win b/c Cowboy mediocrity has been your entire life.
But since you are younger, you probably have a really good memory. Try to harken back to week 17 of the 2017 season. We played philly in a meaningless game for them. They benched most of their starters, gifted Jason win #9, and then went on to win the super bowl.

Momentum is a bunch malarky. Jason got very lucky we sustained no major injuries........and it was for nothing anything.
Yes. Winning games is stupid. Every team should tank except the Pats

bodi

Reaction score
NYG takes Haskins

what makes you think Haskins in next great QB ?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Of course. You say the sun sets in the west on this board and there will be someone who disagrees.

You can claim that nobody wanted starters to play and you can imply that only some dumb minority felt that way.

But you're just projecting your own opinion onto your memory of those conversations because its flat out false.

People here were pretty split, and beyond all that, judging what is football wise based on the majority opinion of this forum is the real joke here.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can claim that nobody wanted starters to play and you can imply that only some dumb minority felt that way.

But you're just projecting your own opinion onto your memory of those conversations because its flat out false.

People here were pretty split, and beyond all that, judging what is football wise based on the majority opinion of this forum is the real joke here.

It sure as heck beats the minority opinions on here which are ALWAYS a bigger joke. You can recollect all you want and fantasize about a split board. It wasn't.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Been a fan since 1970. How bout you son?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
You can't fake stupid even if you lie about your age.

Why would I lie about my age? Lol! I’ll be 54 in June. And since you probably can’t do simple math that means I was born in 1965. I became a fan as my dad was and I would watch the Cowboys with him every Sunday and once I saw stars on the helmets and then once Staubach became the starter I was hooked.

Last edited: