Nyp: Jacobs, Ross Deal With Injuries

Reaction score
Coughlin said as opposed to just a tweak, Ross did indeed sprain his ankle.
"We'll see," he said. "They're pretty optimistic about it."
Jacobs said he could have returned to the game, which surprised Coughlin.
"Jacobs is sore," Coughlin said. "This is an ongoing thing. Hopefully we can get that under control."
What comes next could be special on many fronts. The Giants can stick a dagger into the middle of the Cowboys' playoff heartbeat in what will be the final visit to Texas Stadium. The Giants have been going there every year since 1974; the Cowboys next season are moving to a new stadium in Arlington.
"I won't take a memento or anything," Eli Manning said.
Informed that the huge star at midfield would be a nice keepsake, Manning shook his head.
"I'm sure Jerry [Jones] is selling that," Manning said.
Coughlin after studying the tape said he did not detect a lack of intensity but he was not happy the defense did not "swarm to the ball" as it normally does. He used as an example a second-quarter pass from Donovan McNabb to tight end L.J. Smith that should have gone for a one-yard gain. Rookie safety Kenny Phillips missed the tackle near the sideline.
"No one else showed up," Coughlin said.
Reports have surfaced that Syracuse did reach out to Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride about the school's vacant head coaching position, but Gilbride declined to be interviewed. Coughlin, who played for and graduated from Syracuse, said he had not been contacted by his former school about one of his top assistants.
"I think it is proper protocol but it's not written down anywhere," said Coughlin when asked if Syracuse needed permission from him to speak with Gilbride.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12092008/sports/giants/jacobs__ross_deal_with_injuries_143302.htm

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The NFLN ticker was saying last night that an MRI showed Jacobs had no structural damage to the knee.

As much as he hates us, I'm sure he'll play.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2476916 said:
The NFLN ticker was saying last night that an MRI showed Jacobs had no structural damage to the knee.

Does it really make a difference now? Even you yourself said that TO single-handedly costed us the Pitt game AND was also responsible for Holland's injury.

Our season is over.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2476916 said:

True but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have swelling and pain. JFYI, the Giants will keep a close eye on Jacobs knee because even a small sprain can turn into something else more if the swelling doesn't subside kind of like Barber. Barber as we all know had a foot problem that turned into a calf problem because he was favoring the foot. That could happen to Jacobs if they rush him back. He could easliy tear the knee if the proper care is not taken. IMO, he will be a game-time decision.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2476925 said:
Does it really make a difference now? Even you yourself said that TO single-handedly costed us the Pitt game AND was also responsible for Holland's injury.

Our season is over.

Boysboy... Are you okay?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Boysboy;2476925 said:

Our season is over.

I hope the Cowboys dont share that attitude.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2476932 said:
Boysboy... Are you okay?

He's 100% loony about claiming everyone has blamed the losses on owens.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Even if Jacobs plays he's not going to be near 100% which will work in our favor. Especially since it's obvious now that you can put 8 in the box, put Newman or Jones on Hixon and then let the rest of the secondary slow down their average WR's. We should be able to seriously slow down their offense on Sunday as long as we don't allow them to run on us.

And our secondary absolutely should be able to move the ball, and score plenty of points, on their defense.

NYGIANTS=#1

Reaction score
Both of Jacobs knee's are hurt. Its a very big loss for us if he cant play. as he goes our offense goes. but none the less I have a feeling he will not be playing. he is pretty banged up.