News: NYPost: Ezekiel Elliott threatens to sue Sports Illustrated over story controversy

InTheZone

Reaction score
What? SI writing what it did or Zeke suing?

Respected journalists should not have assumed that he meant he was high on dope just because he used the word faded. We're taught not to assume anything. Elliott was right to call SI out for that.

Posters on here meanwhile are free to always assume the worst, which many of them usually do.
Sadly today's world is all about impulse reactions, guilty until proven innocent, and everything the media/social media spews must be consumed at all costs despite the truth being buried.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke...:laugh::facepalm:
9-Fbm-HLwg-Ea-WL6.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
What? SI writing what it did or Zeke suing?

Respected journalists should not have assumed that he meant he was high on dope just because he used the word faded. We're taught not to assume anything. Elliott was right to call SI out for that.

Posters on here meanwhile are free to always assume the worst, which many of them usually do.

It's a stupid lawsuit.

This is what happens when celebrities/athletes get embarrassed for their own behaviors that get caught on camera, in public, etc......... they threaten to sue, etc.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like him or not, I'd like to see him sue them...and win. There's too much irresponsible "journalism" these days, and they need a reminder of just why journalism exists in the first place.

Creeper

Reaction score
I didn't realize Sports Illustrated was still around. I cancelled my subscription many years ago. It was really a bad sports magazine. I think the only think that kept is afloat were the swimsuit editions. I don't know if Elliott has much of a lawsuit with this. But reporters trying to stir up controversy is nothing new.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Next up on the Embarrassing Running Back Chronicles...Zeke sues SI for reporting. Last week’s episode recap saw Zeke taking to the internet to blast victims of a dog attack...

Someone please take his Twitter away!

Mr. Zeke is a twitting tweeter, or is it a tweeting twitter? Gosh, it's so dang hard to decide!! :huh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is stupid.
Of course it is.

Half this Forum are high when they post here.

It's like group therapy.

Grab a beer..log in and get into an argument.

:huh:

Some seem unable to assume the worst with Elliott no matter what. I don't really get that. I guess they simply don't like him so their natural instinct is to criticize.

People like to bring people off their pedestal.

Zeke has revealed his personality over time.

His team mates never say anything about him as a distraction, etc.

Until that starts happening, we all should be able to handle it.

Teams are a unique situation. It's like a family. The family protects it's members.

If you are going to attack Zeke..you also need to attack the family at large for protecting him in the first place.

Good luck with that.

Zeke is the ring leader of whatever this team is or hopes to be.

Nobody in their right mind is going to attack Zeke. He gives up his body as much or more than anybody to win. Zeke is their meal ticket to winning.

We need more like that. I hope Lamb plays with a chip on his shoulder. The rest, too.

We need to play like it's us against the World.

Believe me..it is BTW.

:confused:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Remember...it’s never his fault.

He can’t even stay at home and stay out of the headlines. How hard is it to shut your yapper on social media?

I love how he walks into a pot store in 2016 IIRC, admitted to doing a lot of drugs in college, says he’s faded which means high by every definition I’ve read but now wants to sue for someone saying he’s high?! This just keeps getting better.

And why would the same people that say “who cares if he was high, they can smoke weed now” be offended that Sports Illustrated said he was high if it’s not such a big deal?

So if someone said I was drunk on social media after I said I was krunked (but I really didn’t mean drunk) then so what?
Wow. So bitter.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SI laid off all their journalists for online publication. They're basically SB Nation.

A lot of online publications fall into that category. Now, a lot of publications that were well-respected just throw stuff at the wall and don't mind backtracking as long as it keeps them relevant.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looked up the word "faded" in it's modern use. It means: "High, stoned, drunk".

I was not aware that the word was even being used that way.

So there is a dictionary that is modern as opposed to traditional? :laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke is such a funny guy -- not too sure if it's funny ha-ha or funny peculiar, though!
Gee Willickers . . . I'm really getting more and more confused by the minute! :huh:

On one hand, he's a funny fella and on the other, he's a pain in the well, you know!!

As much as I like his running abilities, there's always the other guy that gets me :mad:.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing elliott could sue about is defamation of character, lol, and he has done that himself lol.
Lets see , he beats up girls, skinny security guards, DJ's, and trains his dogs to attack pool cleaners ! :lmao:
The only question is what is his next stunt going to be??:thumbup:

:facepalm:

Proof he beats up girls? This should have been left out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't realize Sports Illustrated was still around. I cancelled my subscription many years ago. It was really a bad sports magazine. I think the only think that kept is afloat were the swimsuit editions. I don't know if Elliott has much of a lawsuit with this. But reporters trying to stir up controversy is nothing new.

Last issue I ever bought was mid 90's. After SB 30. They are basically useless now IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's a stupid lawsuit.

This is what happens when celebrities/athletes get embarrassed for their own behaviors that get caught on camera, in public, etc......... they threaten to sue, etc.

It got the desired effect. SI changed the story and apologized. Not every lawsuit threat is about actually taking something to court.

SI's admission/change shows that its editorial staff knows that it was wrong to say something that was unsubstantiated. I have no problem with Elliott threatening to sue over speculation by a sports news entity that it should not have been making.

Are you telling me that if there was a police report in which you told police you were faded and my newspaper said you were high on dope when you weren't that you wouldn't want that corrected? Maybe you don't care about your reputation, but I'd demand a retraction.