News: NYPost: Ezekiel Elliott threatens to sue Sports Illustrated over story controversy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
suing is not "calling out"

Threatening to sue is. Most people never follow through because 1) they really don't have grounds to win and 2) they are hopeful that threatening to sue will get the results they desire.

There is no telling how many times someone has called our newspaper threatening to sue because they didn't like something we wrote about them. Only a few times did I find that one of my reporters made a mistake, which I corrected and apologized publicly for. Now, they would have gotten the same result if they had just told me we made a mistake and asked us to correct it, but angry people don't usually do a good job of controlling their emotions.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Faded also means tired and falling asleep. I've heard it used more in that context than getting high

gimmesix

Reaction score
To each their own. I said it a lot more when I was in my 20s I doubt I say it much anymore.

Slang does seem to be more popular when you are around Elliott's age. I guess every generations wants its own unique language. I have to laugh at some of the words my daughter uses or tells me others her age use (knowing that we did the same thing).

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m with the NY post on this one.........If t was the Daily News I would sue, but they don’t have any money or subscribers any more

DandyDon52

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Proof he beats up girls? This should have been left out.
I was joking, but the reverse is true, you cant prove he doesnt beat up girls, I think he has a history of getting rough with girls in college
and that was the reason for that suspension. They wanted to let him know he cant continue that behavior.
If you had a daughter, would u be ok with him dating her ?? I dont think I would.
Did he train his dog to attack pool cleaners ? lol surely u didnt think I was serious about that ??:huh:
Although knowing him it is possible.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What? SI writing what it did or Zeke suing?

Respected journalists should not have assumed that he meant he was high on dope just because he used the word faded. We're taught not to assume anything. Elliott was right to call SI out for that.

Posters on here meanwhile are free to always assume the worst, which many of them usually do.
Simply the attention over such a trivial thing.
So he had some drinks and played some video games.
Or he smoked some weed and played some video games.

Just silly to stress about. Silly to go overboard about. Just stupid.

I think I'm in your camp more than any others.

aria

Reaction score
Guarantee if this was Odell we were talking about there wouldn’t be one person saying when he said “low key faded” that he wasn’t talking about being drinking AND smoking (or edibles).

It would also be followed by complaints that “if this were zeke he would have been suspended by now”. Why can’t some of you be honest with each other and yourselves and stop letting a jersey alter your judgement and/or what you say?

I’m not accusing everyone of this but there are several people who I’ve seen just as I described.

kskboys

Reaction score
Faded also means tired and falling asleep. I've heard it used more in that context than getting high
Have you? Might just be your crowd, because when I looked it up it was very plainly a reference to being stoned or drunk.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I do not care of he gets high as long as he keeps in in check and can play great football. Period.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Slang does seem to be more popular when you are around Elliott's age. I guess every generations wants its own unique language. I have to laugh at some of the words my daughter uses or tells me others her age use (knowing that we did the same thing).
The one I can't stomach is "ratchet". I particularly hate that one because it seems pretty clear that someone heard "wretched", ignorantly thought they heard "ratchet", and it stuck, and other ignorant people started saying it.
That may not be how it came about, but it certainly seems like the most plausible explanation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you? Might just be your crowd, because when I looked it up it was very plainly a reference to being stoned or drunk.
I've been tired and exclaimed that I was "fading fast", but never used the word "faded"...but I can see where some might.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Guarantee if this was Odell we were talking about there wouldn’t be one person saying when he said “low key faded” that he wasn’t talking about being drinking AND smoking (or edibles).

It would also be followed by complaints that “if this were zeke he would have been suspended by now”. Why can’t some of you be honest with each other and yourselves and stop letting a jersey alter your judgement and/or what you say?

I’m not accusing everyone of this but there are several people who I’ve seen just as I described.

I thought when that video of Beckham came out and our fans were calling for him to be suspended that it was just as stupid as this. The evidence was circumstantial at best. The primary difference I see is that I don't think there was any legitimate news source that accused him of smoking weed or doing coke even though there was more "evidence" of that than saying Elliott had been smoking weed just because he used the word "faded." There was just a lot of fan speculation while some news sources did say that it looked like cocaine and a blunt, but not actually that it was. SI wrote in its headline that Elliott "Admits to Being High." That is just wrong.

Elliott absolutely was within his rights and justified to tweet: “I expect that from little gossip site but Sports Illustrated? REALLY?” and "Actually I was referring to the few drinks I had which I said during the live stream. Doesn’t that make this defamation? You guys will [be] hearing from my lawyers @SInow.”

Creeper

Reaction score
Peter King is their lead reporter.

He did a good interview with McCarthy when McCarthy threw his hat in the Ring for coaching again.

Other than that..

I can't stand Peter King. He is one of those blowhards who thinks more of himself than his readers do.

aria

Reaction score
I thought when that video of Beckham came out and our fans were calling for him to be suspended that it was just as stupid as this. The evidence was circumstantial at best. The primary difference I see is that I don't think there was any legitimate news source that accused him of smoking weed or doing coke even though there was more "evidence" of that than saying Elliott had been smoking weed just because he used the word "faded." There was just a lot of fan speculation while some news sources did say that it looked like cocaine and a blunt, but not actually that it was. SI wrote in its headline that Elliott "Admits to Being High." That is just wrong.

Elliott absolutely was within his rights and justified to tweet: “I expect that from little gossip site but Sports Illustrated? REALLY?” and "Actually I was referring to the few drinks I had which I said during the live stream. Doesn’t that make this defamation? You guys will [be] hearing from my lawyers @SInow.”
I don’t think anyone here is calling for zeke to be suspended, they’re just saying he is dumb as hell and it may only be a matter of time before he really screws up.

As for Odell, I’m not sure if any news source came out and said he was smoking pot but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did. And if they didn’t they sure as hell insinuated he was smoking port and doing coke which was pretty obvious, just like it was obvious what zeke mean when he said “low key faded“.

I just find it hilarious that zeke is talking about his rights and claims to be a victim. He’s not used to being the victim because he’s the one victimizing and now once the shoe is on the other foot he doesn’t like it. Defamation of character? LOL, zeke has only hurt his own image since college and continues to do so. One article saying he was high should be the last thing on his list of character concerns, that’s how out of touch with reality he is. If he was so concerned about his image then he should control himself in public and stay off social media.

There are tons of people saying “so what if he was high, they don’t test and a lot of NFL players do it”. Ok, so my response to them is then why is it such a big deal if someone said he was high? Maybe zeke should be more concerned with not bullying people then whether or not someone said he smoked pot.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I can't stand Peter King. He is one of those blowhards who thinks more of himself than his readers do.
I agree.

He has passed his freshness date.

Mortensen, too.

The NFL needs better reporting than these guys are capable of anymore.

Everything about this sport is changing.

From top to bottom.