Observations from ATT

Reid1boys

Reaction score
wrong......... we started tailgating at noon. That place was rocking and was as loud as where the seahags play... ive been to both. This was a great weekend. We just returned to our room after spending all day watching games today at Texas Live. Im from ca, so we bought tix for SoCal as soon as that kick hit the cross bar. This was an amazing weekend, starting on Friday. Our trips to At&T are always amazing. If you do NOT come, you should not speak of which you do not know.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The wifi never works anyway.

The decible thing they showed on screen was usually in the 103-108 dB range. Loud, but still pales in comparison to KC or Seattle. Kc currently has the record at 142.2 dB which makes our number look like a library.
especially since they pump in crowd noise. Do you actually believe the number they show on the screen is the actual decibles in the stadium????? smh

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Parking is a joke anyway. Jerry is far from figuring that part out. People are parking anywhere in a 2 mile radius from the stadium. The lots around the stadium seem to be reserved for season ticket holders as their are no fees posted for parking on stadium grounds. The kicker is that even season tickets holders can't get into the parking lot more than a few hours before kickoff. If I just paid a PSL seat licence + season ticket charges + a parking pass, why the heck shouldn't I be able to sit there all afternoon for an evening kickoff? Tail gating doesn't cut into concessions anymore than Texas Live which is this HUGE venue of bars and restaurants a block from the stadium.
spent all day at Texas live. They did over 500k in sales yesterday....... JUST YESTERDAY.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I'm honestly wondering if Dallas might have a crowd advantage in LA that they would *NOT* have had in New Orleans.

Even if it's 50/50, that's great

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you stuff your face with your own food and beer just before the game, you are way less likely to pay for the overpriced concessions inside the stadium. You decide why you think tailgating might be discouraged by some venues.
Valid point.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
especially since they pump in crowd noise. Do you actually believe the number they show on the screen is the actual decibles in the stadium????? smh
Really? You say that like the number on the screen was unreasonbly high. I have been to quieter games with...wait for it...lower numbers shown. I actually would have guessed higher based on what I heard. Not sure how the sound carries to where they measure from.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Really? You say that like the number on the screen was unreasonbly high. I have been to quieter games with...wait for it...lower numbers shown. I actually would have guessed higher based on what I heard. Not sure how the sound carries to where they measure from.
who says they actually measure at all? those numbers are just thrown up to try and get the crowd to be louder. I have never seen numbers different than what they showed last night.... but last nigth and 2 years ago against GB was damn loud... no matter what the numbers on that screen flash.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
On the same note. If you don’t have tickets to the game, why would the team want you in the parking lot eating your own food and drinking your own beer? I could see if they had an over abundance of parking and could sell the extra spots. Other than that, I wouldn’t want ticketless people on the property.

So basically, if you have the cash to buy a ticket you can be a part of it live with other likewise wealthy cowboys fans near the stadium and the players.

But if you're a pleb then you can't enjoy the victory with the rest of us "more deserving" fans. Those fans have to enjoy it a mile down the road at bdubs or in the depravity of their own homes.

And here I thought my Cowboys were America's team. Smh. News flash, America can't afford a trip to a regular season boys game forget about a playoff game lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was just glad to see Carroll was thrown out of the night club as he referred to ATT stadium. lol

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
I was just glad to see Carroll was thrown out of the night club as he referred to ATT stadium. lol
Honestly this was my last thought after the game before going to sleep. So glad to see his gum chewing face lose after saying that lol. He shoushoul known better.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I went to the game saturday night and just got back...... here a few observations I had:

1. That was one of the most overwhelming home cowboy crowd I have ever seen. Everybody was on their feet waiving towels every defensive series. Super loud. There were hawks fans there, but cowboy nation really showed up from all over the country to give the team a true home field advantage.

2. In spite of what you might read on this board, Dak is wildly popular among the core fan base. His jersey is everywhere, and he got huge applause whenever they flashed him warming up on the big screen.

3. Cowboy legend Bill Bates is the nicest guy you could ever want to meet. Got to meet him at his tailgate party which is totally worth attending if you get a chance. The food is good, lots of beer ect.

4. The Cowboys as an organization seem to discourage and make tailgating difficult. I walked the stadium grounds about 6 hours before kickoff and was shocked to see all the parking lots closed. The tailgaters instead lined the streets around the stadium. Its kinda shocking that the team doesn't seem to want folks tailgating on stadium grounds.

5. ATT service sucks at ATT Stadium.

I thought they had their own tail gate spot. Way in the far of the stadium.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
6. The stadium store is pretty disappointing. Sure you could score a cowboy legends jersey for $300 but there is no selection of jerseys. 80% of all player merchandise is Dak and Zeke. Though, I think LVE will have the top cowboy jersey for years to come. Its really catching fire.
LVE is an ant compared to Dak and zekes popularity. I “wonder” why you think he’d be popular

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The group in front of us flew his whole extended family (about 15 total) in from California. Had a blast with them the whole game.

Hey bark, were they Cal. Cowboy fans or Seattle? Just curious.

dr_hefley

Reaction score
I couldn't send or receive any photos without WIFI for about an hour and half after the game. My guess is the area was just overloaded with ATT subscribers. We walked back to the Sheraton and hung out at the bar until the buzzing left my ears. lol

Did you check out Texas Live? That place is pretty awesome.

No, I had the boys with me. It looked like fun, but way too crowded for me. I sent pics fine, but I have with FirstNet through AT&T for first responders. That might've made a difference.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
On the same note. If you don’t have tickets to the game, why would the team want you in the parking lot eating your own food and drinking your own beer? I could see if they had an over abundance of parking and could sell the extra spots. Other than that, I wouldn’t want ticketless people on the property.
It happens at ever stadium from college to the NFL. Not everyone that tailgates, has tickets.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So basically, if you have the cash to buy a ticket you can be a part of it live with other likewise wealthy cowboys fans near the stadium and the players.

But if you're a pleb then you can't enjoy the victory with the rest of us "more deserving" fans. Those fans have to enjoy it a mile down the road at bdubs or in the depravity of their own homes.

And here I thought my Cowboys were America's team. Smh. News flash, America can't afford a trip to a regular season boys game forget about a playoff game lol.

You certainly don't need to be wealthy.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Little surprised about the tailgating with Jerry's focus on "events". You'd think it'd be all day affair, throw some official merchandising pop ups out there and let drunk people rack up the sales.

Honestly, when stuff like this happens it's usually insurance/liability purposes. Whether it's property damage, or someone getting hammered 8 hours before a game and killing someone drunk driving. Jerry's also got a huge rep/influence up there, might not look good for the brand locally.