Obvious Observations as of Sept 24th

glimmerman

Reaction score
1. The Dak hate is ridiculous. When Dak’s O line blocks, he consistently plays, very well, to excellent. See Atlanta game. When his O line blocks like crap, he does not play as well. See Rams game( he still played pretty well considering the blocking was crap ). Every top QB is like this!!

2. Our biggest weakness right now is our pass defense. When we play zone, way to often, receivers are running wide open. When we play man, our defenders are a step or two or three out of position. Diggs is a bright spot! Hopefully, the pass D will progress as the season goes on.

3. This offense needs to show it can move the ball and SCORE POINTS vs a good team. Vs Seattle, the way their offense is playing and the way our defense is playing( right now ), our O needs to put up 37 or more points to feel confident in a W.

4. If our O line shows up vs Seattle‘s D, we can score those 37 points. Seattle is 32nd vs the pass, right now! There D, so far, has shown very little pash rush and they have a bunch of injuries. Instead of spending 2 first rounders on Adams, they should have spent the money on Frank Clark. He is wreaking havoc in KC. A dominant DE is more important than a dominant safety.

5. I am willing to give Nolan more time, but this defense is not a TEAM defense right now. To many players not doing their job. Example, play the dang boot leg, Lawrence!

6. Shultz can catch! He played a very good to excellent game. On the TD he showed good speed getting beyond the safety to give Dak a window to throw into.

7. We have a REAL Special Teams coach. I know all the decisions did not pay off( especially the fake punts) but I love the aggressiveness. We were actually kicking off short( see New England ) to pin the other team back, force a penalty or force a turnover. We actually had confidence in our kickoff return team. Which we should with Pollard back there, but stop returning punts 6-10 yards deep.

8. Zek is in shape and motivated. He trucked the safety. He was punishing Atlanta defenders.

9. Our receivers are as advertised. Gallop is not getting as many opportunities, but his attitude and desire really impress me.
That TD run last week Elliot absolutely blew the db up. I couldn’t believe he didn’t hurt him.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
i don't hate Dak. I like him as our qb and think he will be a good one. My only problem I have with him is his inconsistency. He is 2-9 I think in close games. You have to win those games and against good teams if you want to be consider elite and get paid elite money despite who is coaching or injured.
Last year the team was terrible in close games. Dak could have played better in a couple of those games, especially the 2nd Philly game, but Garrett’s coaching was a much bigger reason why we list those games.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think both teams can score at will as Seattle's pass defense is pretty bad aswell.

It will come down to which team wants it the most & coaching. Unfortunately, Seattle has the better coach and this is where Dak has his issues on stepping into the elite spotlight aka stepping up when needed.

Yea Yea I know Dak played phenomenal last week however thats just one week. He struggles in this department while Wilson is one of the premier quarterbacks in it.

Seattle by a FG in my honest opinion. Hope Dak proves me wrong
Dak and Dallas did beat Wilson and Seattle in the playoffs 2 years ago. He can do it again if the defense helps out, a little, and if Moore has a good game plan.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Zeke's "chip" blocks were even more impressive than running over the Safety.
- Outside pass rusher are a bit exposed when engaged with a blocker and Zeke was blowing them up with his "chip" blocks.
- There really should be a better name for what he was doing that "chip block". Too bad the term Wham block has been used with a different meaning.
The “stone” block!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of good points. At this point the biggest concern is the defense. No sacks. No turnovers. No stops on 3rd down.
This may have already been mentioned but A Smith DID get the team's first sack against Atlanta.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Why does one either have to love or hate Dak? You’re either a “Dak slobberer” or a “Dak hater”.

He’s a good but not great quarterback. He’s the best QB in the NFC East. But he’s not nor will he ever be one of the all time greats - and that’s probably fine. I like how he takes care of the ball, and he throws a nice deep pass. But way too often he throws balls behind receivers when, if he hit them in stride, they’d get more YAC.