Ocho Cinco not playing tonight

joseephuss

Reaction score
Did anyone ever want this guy in Dallas?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ca47ab&template=with-video&confirm=true

Johnson deactivated by Bengals for breaking team rule

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals say Chad Johnson will be deactivated for Thursday night's game with the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating a team rule.

The Bengals did not specify the violation and said there would be no further comment until after the game.

Johnson had ankle surgery in June and a shoulder injury in August and has not been as involved in the Bengals' offense as much as previous years. Meanwhile, his former college teammate, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, has become the team's primary receiver.

Houshmandzadeh leads the NFL with 73 catches, and has four touchdowns. Ocho Cinco, a down-field threat in previous years, has 41 catches, none for more than 22 yards.

superpunk

Reaction score
I wonder if it was his interview on NFLNetwork.

Lord almighty after seeing that I thought it would be terrible if he was on your team. He's basically given up. Deion asked him why he thought the Bengals weren't getting him the ball. His response was that he was 30, and he has probably lost a step or two, and that he might be considering retiring at the end of the season. Maybe it was all just hot air, but....enjoy the rest of the year, Cincinnatti.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well this gives my pick for my King of the Mountain tournament a lot better shot to win then.

I saw the interview with Chad and I honestly couldn't tell if he was just trying to be a smart *** with his answers or if has being serious. The dude is a weird one.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You guys think Pacman is a knucklehead, well Chad Johnson is certifiable. It's actually very weird. One second he can be funny and charming (like when he was interviewed and they asked him what he learned this season, and he said unless you're a QB, you can never try to dictate what a team does. So don't pull what I tried to pull!" and then there are times when he's completely nonsensical in a clinical sense.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2431497 said:
Well this gives my pick for my King of the Mountain tournament a lot better shot to win then.

I saw the interview with Chad and I honestly couldn't tell if he was just trying to be a smart *** with his answers or if has being serious. The dude is a weird one.

I thought he was just being sarcastic.

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
I gave the Bengals a 2% chance of winning tonight.

Now, I give them 0%.

IMO, the Cowboys' second-string could beat the Bengals. Hell, Brooks Bollinger could beat the Bengals!

The Fireman

Benched
Reaction score
He appartnley fell asleep during their team meeting last night. Bob Bratkowski told him to wake up and act like a professional and Chad gave him some lip and stormed out of the meeting room.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Fireman;2432039 said:
He appartnley fell asleep during their team meeting last night. Bob Bratkowski told him to wake up and act like a professional and Chad gave him some lip and stormed out of the meeting room.

The report on my local ESPN radio affiliate said he over slept and showed up 45 minutes late to a meeting. He then had the argument with the coach. Either way looks bad and was bad enough to get him benched for tonights game.

The Fireman

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;2432044 said:
The report on my local ESPN radio affiliate said he over slept and showed up 45 minutes late to a meeting. He then had the argument with the coach. Either way looks bad and was bad enough to get him benched for tonights game.

Yeah, I got that story from NFL Network. Either way, he was sleeping somewhere, and got into it with a coach.