Odd WR out

Brax

Reaction score
1100 and 5 and people talk like we got the greatest WR ever. lol He's good, but should've never got paid what he did. Those numbers are flat out ridiculous and just doesn't coincide with the production. Another brain fart from the front office. Who will be next to bend Jerry over?
Remember a QB stinking it up before Coop, he and Zeke got over paid because JJ believe they are key to help that QB have success. JJ over paid for the 3 thinking it’s the reincarnation of the triplets. Only time will give us the answers. Next in line will be a contract year wonder.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My take on Cooper is he’s a really good receiver- currently the most polished among the this talented position group. BUT- I don’t see Coop as being that important to the success of this team.

Cooper certainly helped us make the playoffs in 2018, but has not shown up big in the bigger games since then when we needed him most. He has an odd occasional disappearing act that makes his stats appear less impressive. You can’t have your highest paid receiver disappear in big games.

On the subject of disappearing…here’s some big games we needed a lot from Cooper and he didn’t deliver much the last two seasons.
  • 2019- Week 12 @ NE- we were 6-4 and needed a big win. We lost 13-9, Cooper caught zero passes.
  • 2019- Week 13- Thanksgiving game vs Bills. Lost 26-15 to fall to 6-6. Cooper caught 8-85, 0 TDs.
  • 2019- Week 16 @ Filly. Huge game that determined NFCE champ. Lost 17-9. Cooper had 12 targets, catching 4 for 24 yds, no TDs.
  • 2020- Week 17 @NYG. Playoff chance on the line. Cooper had 6 receptions for 41 yds, no TDs.
I’m not blaming Cooper for us not making the playoffs the last two years. But I am concerned how often he disappears in big games.

Again, I like Cooper. He’s an excellent receiver. But he’s not a difference maker when it comes to big games.

JBS

Reaction score
Not even one person considered trading lamb

Probably bc it makes no sense

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If anyone has an idea on how to fix the chart I put up there, I'd like to hear it because that doesn't look like what I did.

I can never get them to work right. Best thing to do is improvise, make the first stat bold, second stat not, third stat bold etc to make it easier for the audience to digest

either that or flip the axis, put the initials on top so they take up less space and the stat names on the left. That’ll make them line up better, like this:

Name……..AC…MG…CL
Yards…….1000..1000.1000
Catch%……60….60…..60
TDs…………6……6…..6

Periods cheat the spacing problem

Big_D

Reaction score
Remember a QB stinking it up before Coop, he and Zeke got over paid because JJ believe they are key to help that QB have success. JJ over paid for the 3 thinking it’s the reincarnation of the triplets. Only time will give us the answers. Next in line will be a contract year wonder.

That's because after Dez Bryant in 2010 it's really been a complete disaster addressing the position all the way up until Gallup 2018.

ESisback

Reaction score
e99e9ba25eace7702c256656e16bba52.gif
Benny Hill?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No reason why anyone has to be gone.
This is a 2022 issue, should not be concerned about it it and just hope all 3 are productive this year.

Why are fans obsessed over this since mid way through last season. Just watch and enjoy the show and worry about it next off season. Gallup may end up having a decent season but not so outstanding he won’t demand a huge deal. So he stays. There may be other WR’s available with better seasons than he, so he may not get a huge offer.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Miss that bugger!
You just made me want to watch The Life Of Brian.

My wife curses you.
Or maybe not...

She's never seen it.

Think I should be getting on to making this smoked clam pasta.

That'll give us the benefit of the doubt!

ESisback

Reaction score
You just made me want to watch The Life Of Brian.

My wife curses you.
Or maybe not...

She's never seen it.

Think I should be getting on to making this smoked clam pasta.

That'll give us the benefit of the doubt!

gotta look at the bright side of life…

stiletto

Reaction score
My take on Cooper is he’s a really good receiver- currently the most polished among the this talented position group. BUT- I don’t see Coop as being that important to the success of this team.

Cooper certainly helped us make the playoffs in 2018, but has not shown up big in the bigger games since then when we needed him most. He has an odd occasional disappearing act that makes his stats appear less impressive. You can’t have your highest paid receiver disappear in big games.

On the subject of disappearing…here’s some big games we needed a lot from Cooper and he didn’t deliver much the last two seasons.
  • 2019- Week 12 @ NE- we were 6-4 and needed a big win. We lost 13-9, Cooper caught zero passes.
  • 2019- Week 13- Thanksgiving game vs Bills. Lost 26-15 to fall to 6-6. Cooper caught 8-85, 0 TDs.
  • 2019- Week 16 @ Filly. Huge game that determined NFCE champ. Lost 17-9. Cooper had 12 targets, catching 4 for 24 yds, no TDs.
  • 2020- Week 17 @NYG. Playoff chance on the line. Cooper had 6 receptions for 41 yds, no TDs.
I’m not blaming Cooper for us not making the playoffs the last two years. But I am concerned how often he disappears in big games.

Again, I like Cooper. He’s an excellent receiver. But he’s not a difference maker when it comes to big games.

I really like this post and I am a big Cooper fan. Everything you said is true BUT I remember the O before we traded for Cooper. Gallup was there, the other teams weren't afraid AT ALL. I do believe a healthy Cooper scares the HELL out of opposing defenses. His route running and abilities are uncoverable but like you said, he's hurt a lot. If CeeDee can't warrant the kind of "worry" that Cooper does, Gallup and him I am not sure are enough. If Cooper is healthy with Gallup + Ceedee it will be heaven for us fans. Overall though, Cooper has to prove he can be healthy and play 16 games the next year then the next two or more. He's not an old guy if you think about it. Gallup is NOT a healthy Amari Cooper and I love Gallup...

garyo1954

Reaction score
I really like this post and I am a big Cooper fan. Everything you said is true BUT I remember the O before we traded for Cooper. Gallup was there, the other teams weren't afraid AT ALL. I do believe a healthy Cooper scares the HELL out of opposing defenses. His route running and abilities are uncoverable but like you said, he's hurt a lot. If CeeDee can't warrant the kind of "worry" that Cooper does, Gallup and him I am not sure are enough. If Cooper is healthy with Gallup + Ceedee it will be heaven for us fans. Overall though, Cooper has to prove he can be healthy and play 16 games the next year then the next two or more. He's not an old guy if you think about it. Gallup is NOT a healthy Amari Cooper and I love Gallup...

2018 Gallup was a rookie. Same year we acquired Cooper.
We brought in Tavon Austin and Allen Hurns. Lost Dez, Butler, and Ryan Switzer.

That year the WR roster started out....

10 Tavon Austin
11 Cole Beasley
13 Michael Gallup
17 Allen Hurns
15 Deonte Thompson
83 Terrance Williams

The final roster looked like this.....
10 Tavon Austin
11 Cole Beasley
85 Noah Brown
19 Amari Cooper
13 Michael Gallup
14 Lance Lenoir

The only survivors were Austin, Beasley, and the rookie, Gallup.
I say again.....rookie, Gallup. A third round rookie, Gallup.
When I look at that, it doesn't seem anyone thought a third round rookie was the problem.
And when was the last time a third round rookie WR was blamed for the lack of a passing game?

Amari Cooper scares the HELL out who exactly?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good post.