Twitter: Odds to be the Dallas Cowboys head coach in Week 1 of 2020

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually, now that you bring it up... are there "insider trading" like provisions in gambling? Seems like there would have to be right?

The NFL would monitor that and penalize them I believe. Almost like shaving points.

Big_D

Reaction score
Still amazes me that nobody in the division can beat Garrett for a couple years now and the "He's the worst coach in the league" posts just keep coming. Wonder how bad Eagles, Skins and Giants fans want him gone to.

lol The Eagles won the super bowl 2 years ago. The giants also won a championship during his tenure. What a load of crap and some still defend it. I’m sure the division is super nervous about Garrett. I’m actually wishing he goes to Washington. Keep him in the division. If he’s back with the Cowboys Jerry’s a POS.

Zordon

Reaction score
Actually, now that you bring it up... are there "insider trading" like provisions in gambling? Seems like there would have to be right?
I always wonder about this when I heart those Super Bowl odds about the color of the gatorade and how long the national anthem will last. Like couldn't the people involved get friends/family members to bet an insane amount of money on this.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Please...... there's no way in hell Jerry gets rid of Garrett. The simple fact he's already listing reasons (excuses) to keep him is all the proof you need.

IMO there's no possible way Garrett should stay, but ultimately I have to agree; Jerry won't part with Garrett.

dfense

Reaction score
lol The Eagles won the super bowl 2 years ago. The giants also won a championship during his tenure. What a load of crap and some still defend it. I’m sure the division is super nervous about Garrett. I’m actually wishing he goes to Washington. Keep him in the division. If he’s back with the Cowboys Jerry’s a POS.
The Eagles haven't beaten the Cowboys since their SB. The Giants have won 10 games in the last 3 years. What any of this has to do with the fact that they can't beat Dallas right now? The entire division can"t beat the Cowboys at any field and the Cowboys haven't just beat them, they buried them. How anybody can keep whining about that is comical.

Yeah, let's go get some genius college coach like Washington and Philly did already. How'd that work out?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL, Garrett is getting an extension, folks. I'm sorry if that causes you distress but it is what's happening. :)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only chance for a head coaching change in Big D is a complete collapse and the team clearly quitting on Garrett. Something like 6-10 or worse. Anything like 8-8 or 9-7 guarantees not only Garrett’s return, but a contract extension.

What most of us Cowboys fans who are tired of this two decade plus playoff drought too often fail to remember is this: Jerry Jones wants Garrett to be his HC and win, more than he wants to just win. Most Cowboys fans want to “win at all costs”. Jerry wants to win only within the narrow band of his weird neurosis about always being the center of attention.

The dreams of having Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer or any top shelf self respecting head coach who would be so “radical” to name his own coaching staff and be a real HC, are just fan dreams at this point.

Jerry gonna be Jerry.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Eagles haven't beaten the Cowboys since their SB. The Giants have won 10 games in the last 3 years. What any of this has to do with the fact that they can't beat Dallas right now? The entire division can"t beat the Cowboys at any field and the Cowboys haven't just beat them, they buried them. How anybody can keep whining about that is comical.

Yeah, let's go get some genius college coach like Washington and Philly did already. How'd that work out?

Let’s stick with this garbage and pretend everything’s going to be ok. Another coach might actually bring some balls with him? How confident are you in Jason Garrett come January? Don’t answer.. it’s a rhetorical question. His team has become great at cleaning out their lockers and watching the playoffs like everyone else. Let’s ride that wave to nowhere another 20 years!!

I’m sure he’s better than every college coach with an actual coaching resume??? lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm betting on a poster from this website. Which one should be what the poll is about.

GMO415

Reaction score
We get Riley expect an entire season to get up to the NFL speed. We can't afford to piss away any season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have a hunch that Urban Meyer's comments about most college coaches being attracted to the Cowboys and comparing them to the NY Yankees might have Jerry's ego pumped up like the Goodyear blimp. I wouldn't be surprised if JG fares poorly enough in the last half of this season, that the Dallas FO might seriously pursue making him an offer. Of course, it's just speculatory but a swoon in this season's 2nd half wouldn't be shocking. Neither would a sudden realization by the Dallas FO that something must be done.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
We get Riley expect an entire season to get up to the NFL speed. We can't afford to piss away any season.

Rather piss away another 10? That seems like the path they're on anyway. You right the ship and vie for championships over the next decade instead of tossing years in the garbage as usual.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
To try and satisfy everyone Jerry will keep Garrett by moving him into the front office while also appeasing to the fan base of naming another head coach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what all of you will ***** about when we get another head coach and go 9-7 or 10-6 with a one and done playoff appearance.

Because that is what is going to happen.

With those amazing precognitive abilities, you should be cleaning up in the lottery.

tenor.gif