Twitter: Odell Beckham Jr. has visits set up with 3 teams

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ehhh I’m not so sure. It’s cold as hell in Buffalo and reports are he prefers a warm weathered team.

Their remaining games are all cold weathered locations. Back to back in Buffalo, In Chicago, In Cincinnati, Home. This would be if he signs after December 5th

Correct, but having them as a possible viable destination prolongs the merry-go-round, he's in no rush and will wait until someone becomes desperate and caves in to whatever he's looking for.

I get the feeling he's not in a rush to sign as he's not 100% fit and as with Gallup (who had the advantage of knowing the playbook) he's going to take some time to get up to speed.

Even if we did sign him for this season he'd probably be more useful as a decoy that needs covering than he would a go to receiver.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
As much as i like Odell, what I’m sure he wants sounds too risky for my liking. A guy over 30 with two ACL injuries scares me unless the contract is not guaranteed.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if you end up paying him more than you were paying Amari Cooper. We can’t afford another big contract to a WR being wasted (Golladay). I’d rather us spend our money on LBs, OL, and CBs and draft a young stud WR who doesn’t have a resume of injuries. He still may be the missing link you need to get to the SB…he was for the Rams.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I'm for getting him.......but with the tight ends, Gallup coming back, Lamb, Brown.....ehhh..i'd let him find another destination.

If they sign him cool. But I honestly don’t think him coming off 2 ACL’s he is going to walk in and make an immediate impact, Gallop had one and he is still working his way back.

Dallas would not be getting the OBJ we saw last year in the Super Bowl.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm still meh on getting him, and even more so on needing him. Nothing to do with his personality or the way he's dragging this out, and I guess you cannot have enough weapons.

I've believed that we are a 3 TE team. Use our RB duo to grind it out and short to intermediate routes in the air. Then take some shots down the field when they are not expected.

I think we have the personnel already to run it.

starfan1

Reaction score
I absolutely want him in our offense. You guys against it don't think his presence alone wouldn't open up this offense? Plus, for those that say Prescott is not accurate, this is a player that gets up and finds the ball.

I get if you want to question his character, but I'd like to believe he has had a few years to mature and just wants to come in, play, and help a team win.
I’m sorry I just don’t think he at this stage moves the needle all that much
I don’t even care that much that hes just a whiny butt teammate
I’m talking that I don’t think his talent is anywhere near what it was especially coming off 2 ACLs
Now it’s a different conversation if we lose Gallup or lamb . If you’re picking him up because your afraid of losing one them then on the cheap I’ll listen
But he isn’t coming in the cheap . Is Washington not gonna play this year? Where did Houston go? Why is Turpin not used more?
These are questions I have moving forward

DTK

Reaction score
Anyone else against signing OBJ? He's coming off two ACL injuries. He wasn't that great before the injuries. And the drama that comes with him isn't needed. He's turned this signing into the LeBron decision. It's clear he's all about him and not the team. We have 2 quality WR and I love our TE group. Hard pass for me.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of all this OBJ hype. He hasn't been an elite receiver in 6 years and his name far outweighs the production he'll bring to the field.

Can he help the team and improve WR3? Definitely, but he can also be a distraction which you have to factor in. I admit it would certainly be intriguing bringing him in, but I just don't think its worth committing a lot of money to him based on what he is now.
He produces in the postseason. Something this team lacks!

starfan1

Reaction score
Anyone else against signing OBJ? He's coming off two ACL injuries. He wasn't that great before the injuries. And the drama that comes with him isn't needed. He's turned this signing into the LeBron decision. It's clear he's all about him and not the team. We have 2 quality WR and I love our TE group. Hard pass for me.
I’m not against or for it. I just don’t think he moves the needle much at this point in career. I know if he’s here he’s gonna be overpaid and we have enough overpaid players

Reactions: DTK

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they sign him cool. But I honestly don’t think him coming off 2 ACL’s he is going to walk in and make an immediate impact, Gallop had one and he is still working his way back.

Dallas would not be getting the OBJ we saw last year in the Super Bowl.
I agree. I don’t want to see a past his prime Odell.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Oh my god what ever already. How can he possible live up t0 all this hype. Since when did this franchise get so thirsty ?
Not even 9 months removed from acl injury. Everyone around here making it seem like he’s a 27 year old randy Moss, dude was struggling the past 4 seasons before the injury.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
It’s too bad the visit isn’t today. The Jones family like their bargains, and with it being Black Friday maybe they pull off a steal.

Creeper

Reaction score
OBJ is hyping the interest to get someone to pay him a lot of money. But has anyone seen him run yet? Cut? Leap for a catch? Coming back from that injury takes time. Does he even have a timeline to take the field? OBJ will go to the team that offers him the best contract, not matter what he says. Dallas is scoring 30 points a game without him. Is he really going to help that much coming off his second surgery on the same knee in 2 years? If Jerry was smart he would play it cool with OBJ and see what he does.

Traye1

Reaction score
Odell ain’t gonna go over the middle and catch and Dak Prescott 13 foot laser the way ceedee and Gallup did.

He’s gonna cash in on Dallas and complain and we’ll start having to give him handoffs and smoke screens so he doesn’t have meltdowns.

He’s a bad guy. This team is rolling. He ain’t changing anything

Maybe you didn't know or forgot, but Odell made a living on slant routes....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I’m sorry I just don’t think he at this stage moves the needle all that much
I don’t even care that much that hes just a whiny butt teammate
I’m talking that I don’t think his talent is anywhere near what it was especially coming off 2 ACLs
Now it’s a different conversation if we lose Gallup or lamb . If you’re picking him up because your afraid of losing one them then on the cheap I’ll listen
But he isn’t coming in the cheap . Is Washington not gonna play this year? Where did Houston go? Why is Turpin not used more?
These are questions I have moving forward
I don't think anybody thinks we would get prime out of the draft OBJ. He is older and has had injuries, sure, but he is still a very talented individual. Medicine these days is fantastic, so as long as he followed healing guidelines (I'm sure he did), I'm sure he is "good as new". I still think he would have to be taken seriously on the field. If you're a defensive coordinator that ignores OBJ because you think he is done, well.....thanks?

I'm just saying, isn't this worth kicking the tires on? Because of his history, he should hopefully come "cheap" and I think he still can play at a high level and help this offense. I figured this fan base would be down to try whatever to get us to the promise land.

817Gill

Reaction score
I would expect my employer to take into account me assaulting people at work. I don’t want to root for the guy. Aren’t we always pressed for cap space?
Oh so it’s personal lol, you don’t want to root for the guy nice. I’ll take anyone who can make the team better and if he’s the guy he was last year he definitely does.

And stop comparing a desk job or normal jobs to playing football. Do you have a job that requires putting your body on the line in a highly emotion national televised setting? Doesn’t mean what he did was ok but assaulting someone at a normal industry job is not equivalent to a football player getting a little crazy in a personal battle. And again, that was years ago.

Look at Zeke. Dude used to be the ultimate knucklehead and the things he did are widely considered worse than Odell v Norman. He’s grown up a lot and is a leader. People change man, can’t hold something from that long ago against him. It’s not even that crazy of a thing lol dude got heated in a football game wow arrest him now.

We have 20+M in cap space brotha, I think we’ll be ok to lose 5-6M for the season.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Oh so it’s personal lol, you don’t want to root for the guy nice. I’ll take anyone who can make the team better and if he’s the guy he was last year he definitely does.

And stop comparing a desk job or normal jobs to playing football. Do you have a job that requires putting your body on the line in a highly emotion national televised setting? Doesn’t mean what he did was ok but assaulting someone at a normal industry job is not equivalent to a football player getting a little crazy in a personal battle. And again, that was years ago.

Look at Zeke. Dude used to be the ultimate knucklehead and the things he did are widely considered worse than Odell v Norman. He’s grown up a lot and is a leader. People change man, can’t hold something from that long ago against him. It’s not even that crazy of a thing lol dude got heated in a football game wow arrest him now.

We have 20+M in cap space brotha, I think we’ll be ok to lose 5-6M for the season.

My Dallas cowboys don’t beg