CFZ Offense with Dak is overrated

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back, but those stats are so misleading on how Dak and this offense is performing. The defense has created many turnovers and short fields for the offense.

Dak's turnovers are also happening at the worst possible moments, often giving the other team momentum. It puts the defense on its heels.

Also, just scoring lots of points can be misleading on how the offense is performing. You have to look at how many possessions the offense is getting, especially if the defense is giving up points. How the offense scores and when it scores in the flow of the game is more important than just scoring a lot of points. For example, the Colts scoring 33 points in the first half against the Vikings is different than scoring 33 points for the whole game. Vikings would not have played hurry up and Colts wouldn't have played prevent defense the entire second half.

Too often, the Cowboys defense has built a double digit lead and start to play soft, prevent defense. The offense has to help the defense and use the clock, score points, but Dak fails and turns the ball over and go three and out. This allows the other team to gain momentum and comeback. Dak makes terrible decisions. He doesn't seem like he has the mental capacity to make smart decision.

The offense and team played better under Cooper Rush because of how he managed the game and the flow of the game kept the defense focused for the entire game.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Cowboys played better with Cooper Rush because this defense was playing as a top 3 unit in football. Rush is a heck of a backup QB, dont get me wrong, but a rush led offense didnt exactly dominate time of possession or rack up points. Rush did an excellent job of playing bus driver and not turning over the football.

Dak isn't exactly playing hero for this team right now, but I don't view him as a hindrance either.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Not here to continue another Dak debate. Have doubts he can win a championship, but my concerns with this team currently would sit like this:

1. the depleted secondary
2. The disappearing pass rush
3. The Rush defense
4. Dak’s interceptions
5. The lack of outside receiving threats, not named CeeDee Lamb
6. Kellen Moore alternating play to play and series to series between mad scientist and just plain maddening

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And Brown said he should have caught it....no debate.

The breathlessly ignorant love to blame Dak for EVERYTHING.

I fully expect this reaction by several around here today. Let them throw their hissy fit say the season is over. I'm tired of fair weather fans, you want to give up on the season fine with me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back, but those stats are so misleading on how Dak and this offense is performing. The defense has created many turnovers and short fields for the offense.

Dak's turnovers are also happening at the worst possible moments, often giving the other team momentum. It puts the defense on its heels.

Also, just scoring lots of points can be misleading on how the offense is performing. You have to look at how many possessions the offense is getting, especially if the defense is giving up points. How the offense scores and when it scores in the flow of the game is more important than just scoring a lot of points. For example, the Colts scoring 33 points in the first half against the Vikings is different than scoring 33 points for the whole game. Vikings would not have played hurry up and Colts wouldn't have played prevent defense the entire second half.

Too often, the Cowboys defense has built a double digit lead and start to play soft, prevent defense. The offense has to help the defense and use the clock, score points, but Dak fails and turns the ball over and go three and out. This allows the other team to gain momentum and comeback. Dak makes terrible decisions. He doesn't seem like he has the mental capacity to make smart decision.

The offense and team played better under Cooper Rush because of how he managed the game and the flow of the game kept the defense focused for the entire game.

Yah.........having the highest scoring offense in football really sucks!!

"offense played better under Rush" :lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

Scoring 34 points a game really sucks!!! I wish we could go back to scoring 17 points a game with Rush!! :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Ken

Reaction score
I fully expect this reaction by several around here today. Let them throw their hissy fit say the season is over. I'm tired of fair weather fans, you want to give up on the season fine with me.
I laugh at all of the people planning the offseason and saying we will lose out.

How pathetic are they in real life? Do they all just give up at the first sign of adversity?

Aven8

Reaction score

And this is why they went and got TY. This is also why Jerry is still pining over OBJ. Those two know how to get it done. Brown had a good game up until than but he’s just not good enough.