Twitter: Offensive coaching staff likely staying

fivetwos

Reaction score
If the new HC likes Moore and can help guide him in a different scheme, fine by me. If Moore is part of a package deal to stay, then no bueno.

My main concern is that Kellen is Garrett 2.0 in the making and will be promoted when the new guy gets fired.
Right, and simply having that be the case creates dysfunction from the word go. The players know it also, and it becomes impossible for the coach to command the locker room.

Ehhhhh...I dont know why I'm wasting my time. Jerry creates this on his own anyway. Nothing is going to change.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into a Twitter post. Social media has turned so called "reporters" into hacks that just want to get "a story" out and not "the story".

Bigtommyb

Reaction score

This is why we can’t have nice things

If you hire McCarthy. There is absolutely no need for Kellen Moore. Why seek experience if you have Moore over his shoulder. It doesn't make any logical sense, which mean the Jones's probably floated that out there. Something small like Kitna staying I have no problem or I doubt McCarthy would. However I want to pick my staff or I reject offer if presented to me. Either all in or all out.

willia451

Reaction score
We need a new beginning. More of the same won't do.

Bring in Troy Aikman as GM and let him build a team. You want a Cowboy to lead us to the next SB? Well. There he is.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I actually think Kellen did a good job, but I don’t like this. If Kellen has the chance to interview that is fine by me, but I do not want anyone gifted anything on this team anymore!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keeping Moore will help ensure daks success atleast on paper like the past 4 years. There will probably be some changes or tweaks but Moore was brought up learning the same pro concepts under Garrett and Linehan so expect more of what we saw last year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
At this point I can see exactly how this is playing out. The culture in Dallas will remain the same regardless of who the coach is. This team needs a polarizing coach who is a leader that can take control of this team and get rid of that country club atmosphere.

LittleD

Reaction score
If I had to guess tonight? It's going to be Mike McCarthy. He's a name with a Super Bowl title to sell to the masses, and someone desperate enough to sign on for whatever bull**** Jerry insists upon. A guy with no other options if he wants to be a head coach again. And he's more of the same in what we just finally got rid of.

I think the Jones' will wait to see what happens to Roman before making a final decision. There are those in the FO who think he could be the choice if he could stand working for Jerry.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If I had to guess tonight? It's going to be Mike McCarthy. He's a name with a Super Bowl title to sell to the masses, and someone desperate enough to sign on for whatever bull**** Jerry insists upon. A guy with no other options if he wants to be a head coach again. And he's more of the same in what we just finally got rid of.
Exactly! It also makes sense that Jerry gets rid of Garrett right after interviewing McCarthy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Of course but Moore and Columbo are still under contract. Is the team supposed to fire them so the new HC has a completely blank slate? Or should the team tell the new HC they did a good job last year in their first year on the job, with potential to do better?

People are assuming Jerry is drunk and barking in interviews that Moore has to stay. In reality its just one of many parts of a discussion.

1000% ...No proof Jerry's making it a deal-breaker

LittleD

Reaction score
We need a new beginning. More of the same won't do.

Bring in Troy Aikman as GM and let him build a team. You want a Cowboy to lead us to the next SB? Well. There he is.

Aikman has the greatest gig on earth. Why in the world would he want to join the Cowboys insane asylum.

Brax

Reaction score
And when you have two young smart guys who did well in their first season coaching (unlike the rest of the staff), why wouldn't you tell the new HC you are recommending them? People are reacting like this is a take or leave it thing, when it reality its probably a "please consider Moore and Columbo"
8-8 and no playoffs is is doing well? The bar is really low now, thanks Jason.

Brax

Reaction score
This is the 'meddling' that so many have wanted to deny for so long. It's right there in front of our faces.
Sad part is many still can't accept that Jerry is the root cause for the problems. The $ will lure a coach here and just like Parcells grab the money and let Jerry be the clown.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only two guys who ever were on staff here and left and had success were Sean Payton and Mike Zimmer.

Cant think of anybody else that was previously on staff and had success anywhere.

Nobody under the Garrett era then? That's what I was pointing at.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Jones' will wait to see what happens to Roman before making a final decision. There are those in the FO who think he could be the choice if he could stand working for Jerry.

I hope so. Cast that net as far and wide as possible. Talk to everybody and make the most informed decision that you can. Heck, Dumb and Dumber might actually learn something along the way?

(Ah, who am I kiddin'?)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone posters should want the offensive coaches to stay. Look at what they have done for that backup quarterback Dak Prescott.