Twitter: Offensive coaching staff likely staying

MaineBoy

Reaction score
We can survive some of these offensive assistants because McCarthy knows offense, though I would rather clean house. But with McCarthy and new dc and new special teams coaching we may have a prayer. I do think McCarthy is a huge upgrade in game management and offense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I hate this organization.

How can these fools keep repeating the same mistake.

This search is nothing but finding the biggest retread who is the most desperate and will coach the team under the Jone's circumstances.

Oh guess what? Then when it fails they will let the coach finally bring in his own guys and give them another 5 years.. 10 years later we find out the coach is no good.

This is a joke.

Not sure why anyone expected something different. This is why I wasn't so hung up on getting rid of JG as the solution to all of our problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone, but the roots of the issues in Dallas still remain. McCarthy will just be the next scapegoat for Jerry's dysfunction.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"I'll draft the players you have to coach. I'll sign the players you have to coach. I'll make any roster move for any players you have to coach. I'll pick the assistant coaches you must have on staff. And when you don't succeed in 3-4 years, I'll fire you and blame you for everything bad that has happened."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Thanks, Jerry.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why would not McCarthy not pick his own staff . Jerry is so stupid and hard headed .

If McCarthy was signed this quickly it means the negotiations started a long time ago and he was fine with keeping guys like Kellen Moore. Moore is actually a positive for taking the job and McCarthy had three other interviews so it wasn't something Dallas shoved down his throat.

conner01

Reaction score
And if McCarthy signed this quickly it very likely means he actually wanted Kellen Moore instead of it being forced on him.
MM worked for GB where he had even less control
Here he will get input on FA and draft
In GB they wouldn’t be big players in FA and that was always an issue there

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why not?
For a first year play caller Moore did a solid job
And hopefully will grow from it

I posted in another thread that Moore is smarter than Sean McVay and got a bunch of Scooby Doo "Harroouggh". If you compare their first year stats as an OC Moore did way better.

Its funny too that this time last year a bunch of threads were saying "Oh No, Moore is totally unqualified!!!". Now the same people are posting "Oh No, McCarthy is a puppet because Moore is the heir apparent!!!"

conner01

Reaction score
I posted in another thread that Moore is smarter than Sean McVay and got a bunch of Scooby Doo "Harroouggh". If you compare their first year stats as an OC Moore did way better.

Its funny too that this time last year a bunch of threads were saying "Oh No, Moore is totally unqualified!!!". Now the same people are posting "Oh No, McCarthy is a puppet because Moore is the heir apparent!!!"
Knowing jerry he thinks mcCarthey will be a great teacher for Moore and has more in mind at some point
No problem with having a guy developing for the future and Moore could one day be a good HC but even just as OC another offensive mind around him is gonna be a good thing for him

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Glazer was on The Herd and said staff is up to MM. Added he likes some of the offensive staff.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Glazer was on The Herd and said staff is up to MM. Added he likes some of the offensive staff.
If this is true then I am happy. It would mean Jerry is giving up a little power, something that should have been a long time ago. I will believe it when I c it though.

All of the defensive staff needs to be gone. As well as special teams.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It should be up to the HC to decide if he wants to mentor those guys.

If they hire McCarthy and he wants to keep Moore around, great. But McCarthy (or any HC) shouldn't have a coaching staff then foisted upon him because the owner has a boner over his new Garrett in Moore.

It is pretty foolish to think that a HC is going to be able to, on the fly, build his ideal staff in year one. Nor is it smart for a coach to come into a situation where some things are working pretty well on offense and decide to do a complete change in year 1.

But yeah, just push throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

pansophy

Reaction score
Agree completely. If there is a line coach or something I get it but overall, McCarthy already said he wants to implement and run his offense. Having Moore there is just useless and makes him seem like another "coach in training."
We are under the assumption that Moore "has an offense". If Garrett wasn't so insistent on running his offense maybe Moore would have had very different schemes in place.

Also given that we are about to commit to Dak long term a wholesale change in the offense seems pretty stupid to me.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone expected something different. This is why I wasn't so hung up on getting rid of JG as the solution to all of our problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone, but the roots of the issues in Dallas still remain. McCarthy will just be the next scapegoat for Jerry's dysfunction.

If ole Skeletor doesn't get out the way you are right. I heard this was a Stephen hire and Jerry had to be persuaded to get on board. Stephen needs to buy an Island for dear ole dad. Ship him there and have armed guards to make sure he never leaves it.