Twitter: Offensive coaching staff likely staying

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you ll see, a lot of fans on this board will want to keep the mediocrity alive and well.

Unintentionally.

They're simply hard-wired to rubber stamp anything their favorite team does. Fill in the blank for that next coach's name and they'll be singing their praises from the first mention, like it's their job.

They check their brains at the door.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
FWIW - Fish is saying the college candidates are still in play and he’s still pushing the possibility of a Lincoln Riley/Marvin Lewis pairing.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into any of this until we see who else gets interviewed.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Unintentionally.

They're simply hard-wired to rubber stamp anything their favorite team does. Fill in the blank for that next coach's name and they'll be singing their praises from the first mention, like it's their job.

They check their brains at the door.

no debate from me

black label

Reaction score
I knew a Jerry bozo move was coming somewhere along the way and honestly I will get mad but the the give a **** card is right there for the take

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWIW - Fish is saying the college candidates are still in play and he’s still pushing the possibility of a Lincoln Riley/Marvin Lewis pairing.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into any of this until we see who else gets interviewed.

I can see that in Jerry's twisted mind:

Lewis would handle the defense that Riley clearly can't, and then hold his hand while he learns on the job to be a head coach.

If that sounds like Wade Phillips - Jason Garrett all over again, it's because it is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A key qualification if one is hoping to HC in Dallas

not complete desperation, a whiff will do

I'm trying to think of anyone that's gone on from here for the better after they've coached here. Since the Jimmy days. Typically, it's either a demotion or never being heard from again isn't it?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think Charles Robinson speculates too much. There is absolutely a case to be made for Lincoln Riley which is he’s the #1 pick to support your QB. Stephen knows this and so does Jerry.

MikeB80

Reaction score

fisher doesn't know anything. He will most likely hear what is going on when we do.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I can see that in Jerry's twisted mind:

Lewis would handle the defense that Riley clearly can't, and then hold his hand while he learns on the job to be a head coach.

If that sounds like Wade Phillips - Jason Garrett all over again, it's because it is.

I’m fine with the pairing if it’s something Riley is truly in favor of and comfortable with.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I am really really concerned Jerry and Stephen are going to throw darts at names and then try and bring those people together...like Coach x on offense and Coach x on defense instead of things happening organically and the head coach hiring his own staff.

What is the point of hiring a new coach with new schemes and ways of teaching etc...if you are going to pair him with someone he doesn't want or forcing existing coaches from different schemes on him. You are not really maximizing his ability to win.

a guy like mccarthy has a whole bunch of assistants that are available to be hired to help him install his offense and run it how he wants from day one because they have done it already and successfully in green bay.

Aven8

Reaction score
If Moore is going to run the timing based JG, Norv, Zampese offense forget it! I want all new everything. I’m tired of button hooks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy: "I like your guys."

tumblr_oje3ckTooi1vju723o1_250.gifv

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
I guess respect is a thing of the past on this board. It’s sure changed over the last 14 years.