Offensive line rebuild

Tussinman

Reaction score
Love how people are like "Williams is under-rated, another team will pay him big bucks in the off-season" (* gets benched half was through the season, arguably the worst player in the playoff game)

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Difference between Dak and the top quarterbacks? They Oline gives them a chance. I would re-tool this whole friggin line next season. Trade Martin and Smith while you can get something for them. Money saved draft and free agent other linemen. Trade Collins and Williams. Just rebuild from scratch. Well? I might keep Martin but the rest are GONE!

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
We will have to dumpster dive for talent because we will have minimal cap space. so theres that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outside of maybe Martin I'm not sure we should bring back another OLineman as a starter next year. There needs to be a total rebuild there. Collins and Smith cannot block anyone anymore. Williams just gets too many penalties. And we haven't had a good center since Frederick.
Don't need a total rebuild but I'm taking a OL in the 2nd round and signing a decent one in FA.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Its so funny this team can never put it together all at same time. When their OL is amazing theyre DL sucks. When their defense is turning a corner their offense is losing it. Team is destined forever to be doomed. I wonder if it bothers jerry that he will never see them win or play in a superbowl again in his lifetime

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Outside of maybe Martin I'm not sure we should bring back another OLineman as a starter next year. There needs to be a total rebuild there. Collins and Smith cannot block anyone anymore. Williams just gets too many penalties. And we haven't had a good center since Frederick.

I would absolutely target OL as an area of need but I would absolutely not dump the entire line at once unless you want to become a team like the giants. Conner Williams is likely gone this season so I would target a replacement in the draft for him as well as a center potentially because Tyler B. isn’t cutting it. Obviously if there is an LT in the draft you can pick up then sure, but those guys usually go top 5-10 so I doubt we can replace Tyron. Still, I think our biggest problems on the OL are on the middle. Bolster that and maybe we can run the ball again and Dak doesn’t get caved in continuously. I think there will be opportunities to improve the center of the line, but don’t reach for an edge lineman that just is not gonna be good enough with a late first round pick.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We could be looking at 4 new starters, but then again the savings of moving on from Tyron is only 5 million, while Collins is about 2 million if they're not designated June 1st cuts. If they're it would be a total of 23 million in 22 savings, but the cap won't help much in free agency and we carry more dead cap into 2023.

Regardless we need to draft atleast 2 offensive linemen.

9of11

Reaction score
The better question might be, what is the coach teaching them? Does the coach make them better? Does the coach bring out the best in them? I cant remember the last time a linemen that we drafted and made them into a starter that played real good...We either draft a linemen with a high pick is our best chance to get anyone good....we dont get the best out of our linemen...