Offensive Potential has me jacked

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ESisback, Jan 9, 2020.

1. nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy Well-Known Member

3,132 Messages
    2,943 Likes Received
    Tell Itzkelz not to jack it too much, you can go blind. ; )

2. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,208 Messages
    5,413 Likes Received
    Yep I saw a couple plays this year where he whiffed on blocks and I believe he had a couple of penalties but his playing time this way down since last year I'm not saying he's the second coming but one of the greatest tight ends but he has potential? One thing I did forget that he was a restricted free agent so that made make this irrelevant?

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

11,794 Messages
    20,227 Likes Received
    RFA's get a bigger pay bump than before but its really unusual for a team to lose an RFA. It would be like when Dallas paid Benson Mayowa way too much to take a gamble on him.

CB61 likes this.
  4. OldJarhead

OldJarhead Active Member

306 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Really? This team put up a lot of yards in garbage time after the games were pretty much decided. When it mattered (in the red zone) they were predictable and unable to finish. He's a kid! I understand McCarthy is probably going to be the real OC and the guy calling the plays, but lets get real about the Moore kid, he's got to go.

5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

23,459 Messages
    15,249 Likes Received
    I am more concerned about the defense.

6. OldJarhead

OldJarhead Active Member

306 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I've responded to this thinking already. I don't know the kid, he's young and I'm sure he's the next Jason Garrett, but what really needs to happen is a cleaning of the house. Get ANYONE with the old mindset gone. Who cares how a player feels about Coach (insert name). They are all part of a mediocre mind set and they all need to go. Let Kellen Moore learn to be an NFL Coach somewhere else.

7. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

23,459 Messages
    15,249 Likes Received
    Actually, that notion has been proven false.

8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,550 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    He is more reliable than the alternative. It would be just about impossible to replace Tyron’s level of play without breaking the bank. A drafted rookie can’t do it.

9. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

14,928 Messages
    13,062 Likes Received
    if we can play sound D, we will go far. Offense wasn't that big an issue.

10. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star Zone Supporter

16,966 Messages
    10,922 Likes Received
    Jarwin is probably going to have to be, the only FA TE who is a true #1 is Hunter Henry and I doubt they are going to want to pay to land him.

11. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

4,502 Messages
    4,500 Likes Received
    For most teams! People are usually more upbeat about the following year in the offseason.

12. ESisback

4,502 Messages
    4,500 Likes Received
    I agree, although we could stand improvement in the RZ, as well as starting field position, which in turn help our defense.

Rayman70 likes this.
  13. ESisback

4,502 Messages
    4,500 Likes Received
    Me too!

14. 12+88=7

12+88=7 Well-Known Member

254 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    I keep reading the same post over and over. The offense wasn't the problem, it was the defense.

I post the numbers in the wins and losses, and the offense had a much larger bearing in losses than the defense. It's a fact.

Here are the numbers again.

In wins Dallas scored 37 points, in losses Dallas scored 17 points. A 20 point dropoff.
    The defense gave up 17 points in wins and 23 points in losses. A 6 point difference.

Which unit had a larger direct cause in the losses? The answer is simple, it was the inconsistent offense.

15. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

9,211 Messages
    13,440 Likes Received
    Bro, you left out Dak.

16. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,208 Messages
    5,413 Likes Received
    We may not have a choice if we can't find a compitent tight end by then

17. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

4,519 Messages
    5,210 Likes Received
    Tyron plays like a drafted rookie when his back is acting up. Time to move on.