Offensive scheme/passing game

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke will be the constant within the offense and I expect to see WR rotating in and out of the games.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why some think that running the ball down a team's throat and controlling the tempo of the game doesn't put pressure on the defense. There is more than one way. Besides, I think our O-Line is better at power blocking than they would be run blocking in a spread offense. I also don't understand giving up on the TEs before they get a chance to step up. Obviously there are big questions to be answered about that group, but it's not as if they are having to replace Gronkowski type receiving numbers, and it's not as if the benefit of a blocking TE disappeared with Witten.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But they did a massive overhaul at the skill positions which means we're likely to see a different philosophy. I expect to see a lot more of the RBs in the passing game, that would be a start. And less empty backfield. etc.

We *should* see a different philosophy. But Garrett has been stuffing square pegs in round holes his entire career. "Next man up".

Buzzbait

Reaction score
But they did a massive overhaul at the skill positions which means we're likely to see a different philosophy.
I expect to see a lot more of the RBs in the passing game, that would be a start. And less empty backfield. etc.

They should've used Zeke like that before now, and seeing less empty backfield will be a welcomed sight! Especially in the red zone.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Many of us have been begging for this to happen for years.

4 WRs and 1 running back forces the other team to have at most 6 in the box unless they want to risk their corners being beaten for a long gain after any missed tackle. With our o-line, it would be a bloodbath.

Zeke would straight dominate.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Garrett philosophy:

"If it IS BROKE, don't fix it!"

:laugh:

He toes the line with what I would call, if it doesn't work the first time, try it 40 more times until it does work. That'll trick them! It's like he remembers those 90s Cowboys teams too well but forgets how much more talented that team was. Not to mention how different the NFL was then.