RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

mmohican29

Reaction score
Honestly couldn't get a feel for Chunn or Weber based on very poor OL play on 2nd, 3rd string O.

I do know that Jackson showed very little other than decent burst. I've never seen such marginal contact bring a player to the ground as often, and he had no wiggle.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Richard Sherman had the exact same speed, upside, ball hawking ability, and haircut.

Meanwhile Byron Jones can't get an interception if it stared him in the face.

Are you saying Olumba is as good as Jones?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Patrik Walker? LOL.

He's a homer. I just can't anymore with you Heath guys. You guys just love mediocrity.

You’re being slammed. Lol

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-heath-the-best-dallas-cowboys-playmaker/amp/

quickccc

Reaction score
per BTB:

2019 Dallas Cowboys cuts
We’ll have a running list of every cut that the Cowboys make right here so make sure to be refreshing throughout the weekend. We’ll also fill in the last time that it’s been updated so that you’re not confused. Onward.

Last Updated: Saturday, August 31st, 3:05pm ET

Total: 23

Other
Total: 3

OVERALL TOTAL: 26

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed. Byron could have gotten us a 2020 1st.

His lack of interceptions says no first rounder to me unless it's a team desperate for what Byron is capable of. But, I thought we could get a 2 or at worst a 3. We'd probably get a 4 for him in comps when he leaves next offseason, so if take the trade for the higher pick, and let Olumba become our version of Sherman which he was looking like. And we have Wilson who is starting to look a bit like Chancellor. So I'm not sure what our coaches are playing at by getting rid of Olumba.

Altestic

Reaction score
His lack of interceptions says no first rounder to me unless it's a team desperate for what Byron is capable of. But, I thought we could get a 2 or at worst a 3. We'd probably get a 4 for him in comps when he leaves next offseason, so if take the trade for the higher pick.
we'll get a 3rd round comp with the way corners are getting paid nowadays. But it's a bottom 3rd which might as well be a top 4th.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Have yet to hear anything about Noah Brown.

Surely they are just going to leave him on the PUP, right?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yep an announcement soon on Zeke then?
Or waiver wire / trade. :muttley:

Interesting RB group. I like having Morris - coaches love him and he's likely got a career as a coach in his future. But he doesn't play ST so we may need an extra back 7 roster guy to fill that

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
we'll get a 3rd round comp with the way corners are getting paid nowadays. But it's a bottom 3rd which might as well be a top 4th.

Maybe a bottom 3 in comp, yes. But still, we could've gotten better than that in a trade with him i think, and I think Olumba would've been able to replace him quite well.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Seems to me.. one of the coaches could have hit Daniel Wise in the shoulder with a baseball bat.. them ‘stash’ him on IR.

I realize we had tremendous depth on the DL and we were going to lose someone we all really liked, but this is going to be hard to swallow. I’m not saying he’s better than our starters, but he’s definitely worth keeping and letting him mature. He’ll prob be a starter for another team by next year. Fingers crossed we can get him to the PS. I suspect Jerry will lure him with the max $$ amount for a practice squad player if he isn’t picked up.

So far, he’s the only player cut that I’m worried ab losing

Sydla

Reaction score
Weber cut. We've now got 2 tailbacks on the roster.

Elliott is close or they have their eye on some cuts, but I haven't seen any RB cut that would make sense other than maybe McCoy but he's long in the tooth.

Altestic

Reaction score
Maybe a bottom 3 in comp, yes. But still, we could've gotten better than that in a trade with him i think, and I think Olumba would've been able to replace him quite well.
I agree... at worst any Pro Bowler from the previous year would command a 2nd.