RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Altestic

Reaction score
Elliott is close or they have their eye on some cuts, but I haven't seen any RB cut that would make sense other than maybe McCoy but he's long in the tooth.
I hope McCoy goes back to the Eagles.

Sydla

Reaction score
He literally sprinted about 30 yards to make that play.

So he hustled. Credit to him. That's one of his strengths, he's an effort guy.

But listening to some of you you'd think it was one of the greatest plays in franchise history.

He's a mediocre starting SS, at best. He's better as a backup S and special teams ace.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Interesting RB group. I like having Morris - coaches love him and he's likely got a career as a coach in his future. But he doesn't play ST so we may need an extra back 7 roster guy to fill that

I would've cut Morris and brought in either McCoy or Dixon (cut by the Ravens) to replace him. Then, our RB group, assuming Zeke re-signs with the reportedly intensifying talks, would be Zeke, Pollard, and McCoy or Dixon. That would be quite good.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Richard Sherman had the exact same speed, upside, ball hawking ability, and haircut.

Meanwhile Byron Jones can't get an interception if it stared him in the face.
Maybe so but that's why Olumba's gone.

Sherman's DC didn't love Olumba enough to keep him in Dallas and there's way more to being a good CB than picking the ball off. I don't think comparing a rookie who hasn't played a down of NFL football to a pair of All Pros helps prove your point. Having said all that, I must also say that I think Olumba played his way onto the Dallas 53, but I imagine the Cowboys know more about Olumba's talent than anyone here.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
per BTB:

2019 Dallas Cowboys cuts
We’ll have a running list of every cut that the Cowboys make right here so make sure to be refreshing throughout the weekend. We’ll also fill in the last time that it’s been updated so that you’re not confused. Onward.

Last Updated: Saturday, August 31st, 3:05pm ET

Total: 23

Other
Total: 3

OVERALL TOTAL: 26
Guys I hope will (or just think might in the case of Mike White) end up on the PS. PHillips could make it back to the 53 if they put Gifford on short term IR and Christion could be the new Jamiel Showers.
• Nate Hall, LB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Kasey Redfern, P/K (via Michael Gehlken)
• Juwann Bushell-Beatty, OT (via Michael Gehlken)
• Darius Jackson, RB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Lukayus McNeil, OG (via Michael Gehlken)
• Jake Campos, OT (via Bobby Belt)
• Marcus Lucas, TE (via Michael Gehlken)
• Jameill Showers, S (via Jane Slater)
• Tyvis Powell, CB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Reggie Davis, WR (via Jon Machota)
• Justin Phillips, LB (via Jon Machota)
• George Iloka, S (via Jon Machota)
• Codey McElroy, TE (via Jon Machota)
• Treston Decoud, CB (via Treston Decoud)
• Drew Scott, LS (via Michael Gehlken)
• Ryan Yurachek, FB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Jordan Chunn, RB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Daniel Wise, DL (via Jon Machota)
• Donovan Olumba, CB (via Jon Machota)
• Mike Jackson, CB (via Jon Machota)
• Mike White, QB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Taryn Christion, QB (via Michael Gehlken)
• Mike Weber, RB (via Adam Schefter)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Some of these cuts make me think we are adding a veteran (Eric Berry?) or have targeted quite a few waiver claims we like.

Nothing wrong with that. I know they like Olumba and Wise, so they understand they are taking a risk exposing them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m surprised by Olumba getting cut.

He looked like a guy that will struggle in man coverage though.

Altestic

Reaction score
Maybe so but that's why Olumba's gone.

Sherman's DC didn't love Olumba enough to keep him in Dallas and there's way more to being a good CB than picking the ball off. I don't think comparing a rookie who hasn't played a down of NFL football to a pair of All Pros helps prove your point. Having said all that, I must also say that I think Olumba played his way onto the Dallas 53, but I imagine the Cowboys know more about Olumba's talent than anyone here.
My theory is that Garrett and Marinelli have changed Richard and molded him into being one of them. Seattle still has the same scheme without Richard.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree... at worst any Pro Bowler from the previous year would command a 2nd.

Exactly. And, with Richard, we could really turn Olumba into something very nice. Jones, however, is developing but is on the last year of his contract. I'd rather take the draft pick and use Olumba than get rid of the cheaper option. Especially with our defencive line.

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re being slammed. Lol

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-heath-the-best-dallas-cowboys-playmaker/amp/

LOL.

Another article written after the Raiders game where he made a couple plays. There is no deep analysis there, just a "hey, Heath made a couple of plays in the Raiders game, ergo, he's a real playmaker!".

He's an average, at best, SS. I mean holy ****, people.

Sydla

Reaction score
Especially proven ineffective players that this fanbase hypes up.

Alan Ball
Nick Hayden
Jeff Heath

It's really mindnumbing that so many fans think Heath is some sort of really good safety back there and legit upper level playmaker.

I mean............... LOL.