RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You feel like you can take the 37 players who didn't make it, add 16 street free agents and make the playoffs this year. It's crazy.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you listen to Talking Cowboys or Cowboys Break, they've been talking about how much this coaching staff values linebackers. They probably went long there.

I don't get it. You have LVE, Smith, Lee and Thomas who are all good to great players. You also play a lot of nickel defense so for 70% of snaps, you only have 2 LBs on the field anyway.

How many LBs are they carrying? 7?

Altestic

Reaction score
I don't get it. You have LVE, Smith, Lee and Thomas who are all good to great players. You also play a lot of nickel defense so for 70% of snaps, you only have 2 LBs on the field anyway.

7 is what a typical 3-4 team would carry.

7 for a 4-3 team is downright stupid and living in the past. Did the roster staff people pinch themselves and wake up in 1985 or something?

Sydla

Reaction score
7 is what a typical 3-4 team would carry.

7 for a 4-3 team is downright stupid and living in the past. Did the roster staff people pinch themselves and wake up in 1985 or something?

It might not be 7, and there is conflicting information on Covington. He may have gotten cut.

Zordon

Reaction score

on a 4-3 defense when only 2 are going to play at the same time, maximum 3

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. 6 is going long enough there. 7 would be outright ridiculous.
They said the staff loves linebackers on special teams.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
They waived Cedrick Wilson? Man, I'm tired of these progress stopping "pet cat" WR's that don't do anything in the regular season (looking at you Austin and Brown).

Altestic

Reaction score
They said they love linebackers on special teams.
it's not 1985. You don't keep players exclusively for ST anymore, except for maybe a 4.3 speed return man who can catch or run a little bit on offense. With all the rules and flags kickoffs are almost always touchbacks and we have more fair catches than ever.

keeping guys for the sole purpose of ST in 2019 is F-ing ignorant.