RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Zordon

Reaction score
The also mentioned on Cowboys Break that fans and coaches have a different view of Covington (DL). Coaches apparently love what he's done this PS.

Zordon

Reaction score
it's not 1985. You don't keep players exclusively for ST anymore, except for maybe a 4.3 speed return man who can catch or run a little bit on offense. With all the rules and flags kickoffs are almost always touchbacks and we have more fair catches than ever.

keeping guys for the sole purpose of ST in 2019 is F-ing ignorant.
It's not a big deal to me. Most of these guys we're debating won't make the 46 gameday roster all season.

Altestic

Reaction score
The also mentioned on Cowboys Break that fans and coaches have a different view of Covington (DL). Coaches apparently love what he's done this PS.
I'm OK with Covington the DL making it, but not Covington the LB.

Since Jalen Jelks is on IR I guess they're only going with 10. Still bummed about Wise going to another team.

Reaction score
I don't get it. You have LVE, Smith, Lee and Thomas who are all good to great players. You also play a lot of nickel defense so for 70% of snaps, you only have 2 LBs on the field anyway.

How many LBs are they carrying? 7?
Special teams

Altestic

Reaction score
redmond and sua made it as well as morris and thompson and frazier

5 safeties
Dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Frazier and Redmond are bona fide JAGs. Especially Redmond. Why would you need THREE INTERIOR backup offensive linemen? And only one backup tackle? When Smith and Collins are the ones with injury history? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

waldoputty

Reaction score
gifford could go on ir to bring back 1 player
same with connor to bring back another player
wonder who

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
7 is what a typical 3-4 team would carry.

7 for a 4-3 team is downright stupid and living in the past. Did the roster staff people pinch themselves and wake up in 1985 or something?
Don't forget they had to keep Gifford to put him on IR.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
They said the staff loves linebackers on special teams.
It doesn't matter at all if the coaches like linebackers for special teams. It only matters that Altestic DOESN'T! Why? Because it's dumb, dumb, dumb and F-king Ignorant, and he is a front office genius. Yet having 11 defensive linemen is OK because he said so. :rolleyes: