RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
on a 4-3 defense when only 2 are going to play at the same time, maximum 3

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. 6 is going long enough there. 7 would be outright ridiculous.
It's awesome that we have a resident coach potato front office genius within our humble CZ forums to let us know what's stupid or not in regards to roster building! :rolleyes:

Altestic

Reaction score

Am I just missing something with Adam Redmond?

he's the definition of a JAG. No draft pedigree, and one of the crappiest teams in the NFL cut him. No reason whatsoever to keep him over a possible stud like Wise or Jackson. ****.

11 OL is mortifyingly stupid when 8's enough and starters play whole games unlike the DL. Dumb, dumb, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Sydla

Reaction score

Am I just missing something with Adam Redmond?

Redmond is peculiar. He's an interior player (C). They have Looney and Sua and Looney can back up Frederick. Are they worried about Martin that they have to carry an extra interior OL?

And McGovern is on the 53 for a day before he goes to IR.

Sydla

Reaction score
he's the definition of a JAG. No draft pedigree, and one of the crappiest teams in the NFL cut him. No reason whatsoever to keep him over a possible stud like Wise or Jackson. ****.

11 OL is mortifyingly stupid when 8's enough and starters play whole games unlike the DL. Dumb, dumb, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

It's not really 11. It's 10.

McGovern, I believe, has to be put on the 53 before they IR him as a guy who could come back later in the year.

Altestic

Reaction score
Redmond is peculiar. He's an interior player (C). They have Looney and Sua and Looney can back up Frederick. Are they worried about Martin that they have to carry an extra interior OL?

3 interior offensive linemen BACKUPS on the roster is mortifyingly stupid and ignorant, which you have DL players who are much better and there will be plenty of OL's on the waiver wire far better than a JAG like Redmond.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I believe Jackson's the first guy Dallas has drafted in the first 5 rounds and cut before his first season since Danny Coale in 2012.

I like that they were willing to admit the mistake and cut their losses on him.

Altestic

Reaction score
It's not really 11. It's 10.

McGovern, I believe, has to be put on the 53 before they IR him as a guy who could come back later in the year.
so McGovern gets replaced by ....Zeke?

Gifford replaced by? McClain? Phillips?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I guess they are petrified of the injury history for Smith, Martin and maybe even Collins temporarily.

Plus, the entire league is freaking out about their O-linemen, so perhaps they are thinking they need to hang onto more because most worth anything won't make it to a practice squad.

VACowboy

Reaction score
3 interior offensive linemen BACKUPS on the roster is mortifyingly stupid and ignorant, which you have DL players who are much better and there will be plenty of OL's on the waiver wire far better than a JAG like Redmond.
I rarely understand cut day.

Altestic

Reaction score
I guess they are petrified of the injury history for Smith, Martin and maybe even Collins temporarily.

Plus, the entire league is freaking out about their O-linemen, so perhaps they are thinking they need to hang onto more because most worth anything won't make it to a practice squad.
That's no excuse. There are a thousand JAG linemen available as good as a Redmond or Knight. **** this management