RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Praxit

Reaction score
Same here,,, I like Chunn and he looks the part, but Alfred is a solid vet and looks better this year after working on his spine/pelvis alignment.
..for being on the older side, the guy can still scoot and has good vision. Will do even better behind good OL.

Altestic

Reaction score
They really kept 11 OL instead of Wilson? Ridiculous. They have 9 that can play. 8 without McGovern.
I agree with the second part of your post, but not the first part... CedricK Wilson is a JAG. But yes, keeping 2 complete JAGs on the OL over young defensive studs is mind-numbingly stupid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Disappointed on using costly 1st and 2nd round picks on long term project players who get outplayed by undrafted rookie players who got cut instead.
The season hasn’t even started yet to say Hill has been out played. And they have Taco and Gregory. They have hit on nearly all of their first round picks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree with the second part of your post, but not the first part... CedricK Wilson is a JAG. But yes, keeping 2 complete JAGs on the OL over young defensive studs is mind-numbingly stupid.

Come on. The reality is that we are just that darned talented. It is the curse of having a genius like Will McClay in charge of personnel.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I guarantee you there won’t be 11 Ol on the roster by Tuesday. They could have kept Wise or Wilson over Adam Redmon that’s the only head scratcher for me.

T-RO

Reaction score
After today, there will be at least 3-6 more guys cut.

We'll sign a few new guys and will also have to make room here for Zeke and Gregory (in days or weeks). Quinn too.

Last edited:

Altestic

Reaction score
Come on. The reality is that we are just that darned talented. It is the curse of having a genius like Will McClay in charge of personnel.
Scrubs like Redmond and Knight are NOT talented. They are bona fide JAGs. Why cut potential defensive studs over 2 dime-a-dozen linemen?

Praxit

Reaction score
..they cut Micheal but are keeping Tito and Jermaine. ..;)..:grin:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not interested in what you agree with.

Alexander

Reaction score
aren't they putting mcgovern on ir/pup?
Like Gifford, just procedural. Once Elliott signs he eats up one of those spots. So you might see a linebacker brought back.

So right now, your roster wildcards are Adam Redmond, Brandon Knight and Darian Thompson.

I guess Wilson's hurt ankle meant they hung onto Thompson?

Sydla

Reaction score
aren't they putting mcgovern on ir/pup?

IR as a guy who could come back after 8 games.

But in order to be a guy who can come off IR mid-year, I believe, he has to initially be on the 53 man roster for a day or so, then the Cowboys can IR him as designated to potentially return.

Alexander

Reaction score
After today, there will be at least 3-4 more guys cut.

We'll sign a few new guys and will also have to make room here for Zeke and DeMarcus (in days or weeks)
DeMarcus? He is already on the roster.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well that's the thing. It doesn't really matter if we release the wrong players. McClay will just find whatever we need whenever we need it.

Altestic

Reaction score
Like Gifford, just procedural. Once Elliott signs he eats up one of those spots. So you might see a linebacker brought back.

So right now, your roster wildcards are Adam Redmond, Brandon Knight and Darian Thompson.

I guess Wilson's hurt ankle meant they hung onto Thompson?
if Frazier is on the team then he's the worst safety... by far.

if Gifford is gone you can bring back Phillips, and maybe McClain instead of March

and then cut one of those garbage O-linemen for a Daniel Wise if he clears waivers

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Wondering if they might trade one of these OL before the weekend is out