Official: Kellen Moore made OC, Kitna QB Coach

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't have time to browse through everything being said, but sure hope someone has already noted, if not many have already noted, the completely moronic keystone cops episode we just witnessed.

Nothing about this drama has made sense.

Nothing.
Actually it all makes sense. Moore was the winningest QB in NCAA history. Not because his team was loaded with talent. But because the team out schemed everyone else with much less talent than they. Fredbeard says he’s a genius. Dak says he’s a genius. Much praise from others in the organization. He knows the players, he knows the terminology. He knows the criticisms about lack of engenuity. The keystone cops comment just shows you’re lack of knowledge about the Cowboys, their coaches and their players.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Joking aside, I wonder how much the success of McVay and other young coaches figured in this decision.

In other words, Jerry is looking for that next McVay and thinks he can't risk letting a possible one loose.
That was something I mentioned a few days ago. While I'm willing to see how he does, I think part it is that Jerry wants credit for finding the next coaching genius.

Carson

Reaction score
Won’t complain because we knew it was coming.

Not overly excited... but hope I’m wrong! Moore is super smart and knows the game well!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Created a play not called it.
forget_it_he_s_rolling-DMID1-5hiej78ui-250x250.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
I LOL at this site and other fans so worried about the offense whe the defense is historically and lately what kept us out of the NFCG this season.. when you cant make late game or late half stops and this bend dont break crap finally breaks , all eyes somehow are on Dak and Moore..right..

you might want to worry about overall defense they played as up and down and made just as many mistakes throughout 2018 and couldn't even slow the run down against the Rams, never adjusted , and were no matter what the haters say, the actual reason we didnt move on..they didnt create near enough TOs or stops when it counted to help the offense. Yes early on in the year the offense took a while to catch up and the defense starts strong but the TOS just weren't there..they played some great games on defense but if all the MaTTERS IS PLAYOFFS GAMES AND GETTIGN BACK TO A SB, look at the defense.. 2014, 16, and 18.all on the defense come playoff time.you get a turnover or late stop , sack, take away that leads to some points, or a way to get the offense another drive or two against the RAMS, WE WOULD HAVE ADVANCED..Saying Dak and this offense needs to score 30 like the Rams or the super teams when even they had made some stops and got Turnovers in some games to advance..it wasn't the offense that INT Brees, or hit brees in OT, KC INt brady twice and nearly 3rd taken away by penalty to stay in that game.. our Defense did none of this in the Giants game, late Seahawks game, and not even got off the bus against that Rams.
Im not saying our offense doesnt need work but no phackin way I let the defense off the hook..bend my arse, they fold over and occasionally bow up and bed back but they are in as much need of a change in philosophy as the offense..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moore to call plays with or without clothes.

If Kellen Moore is the one calling the plays, then there at least is SOME kind of hope. Anyone but Garrett calling plays. I am almost tempted to say that even a green Moore would be better then Linehan as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually it all makes sense. Moore was the winningest QB in NCAA history. Not because his team was loaded with talent. But because the team out schemed everyone else with much less talent than they. Fredbeard says he’s a genius. Dak says he’s a genius. Much praise from others in the organization. He knows the players, he knows the terminology. He knows the criticisms about lack of engenuity. The keystone cops comment just shows you’re lack of knowledge about the Cowboys, their coaches and their players.

People and players said Chip Kelly was a genius too and going to re-invent the NFL game.

Today, he's struggling at UCLA.

So frankly, I wouldn't put much stock in what players are saying about a guy that they played with and really liked.