Official: Kellen Moore made OC, Kitna QB Coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe not but he did design the game plans and I am pretty sure he did call the plays in his last season.
So you are making our point about KM, if SM did only get one shot at calling plays his FIRST TIME EVER with little to no experience and it ended with him a HC with virtually no experience, isn't that the same as KM situation right now? jeez people everyone has to do it for the first time ever and some work out some dont but do all retreads work out? an experienced OC some how guarantees us a SB? I somehow dont see that around the NFL, heck the best teams just continue to lose their Coordinators and keep on trucking, sometimes you have to just go with the flow and sit back and wait until it fails to start the *****fest, jeeze louise..is this a nail salon on gripe about your husband day..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wow we sure like to hire first time coaches, and to think many of us, me included, were wondering why Kellen was hired to be a QB coach.

maybe the rest of the league will all catch a season long flu and we back in to the superbowl :cool:

Most of fans/media and other teams laughed and said that Jimmy Johnson would be in over his head in the NFL and should stay as a college coach...

ShortRound

Reaction score
iykGznT.gif

JayFord

Reaction score
I’m rooting for his success but I really don’t understand why anyone from this offensive staff would be considered for the job much less get it

However I’m rooting for him to be the best OC

Sydla

Reaction score
So you are making our point about KM, if SM did only get one shot at calling plays his FIRST TIME EVER with little to no experience and it ended with him a HC with virtually no experience, isn't that the same as KM situation right now? jeez people everyone has to do it for the first time ever and some work out some dont but do all retreads work out? an experienced OC some how guarantees us a SB? I somehow dont see that around the NFL, heck the best teams just continue to lose their Coordinators and keep on trucking, sometimes you have to just go with the flow and sit back and wait until it fails to start the *****fest, jeeze louise..is this a nail salon on gripe about your husband day..

Not really.

Moore had literally 12 months of any coaching experience before being made OC. McVay started his coaching career in 2008 and had logged 7 years of professional coaching experience before calling plays in 2015 for the Skins.

If you want to think this is a good move, that's fine. But trying to compare this hiring to what happened with McVay simply isn't accurate.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how I feel about this.

I like Kitna as QB coach. Not sure about Moore.
Will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

No use to whine or complain, does no good. Hopefully he can game plan, call plays and make in game adjustments.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really.

Moore had literally 12 months of any coaching experience before being made OC. McVay started his coaching career in 2008 and had logged 7 years of professional coaching experience before calling plays in 2015 for the Skins.

If you want to think this is a good move, that's fine. But trying to compare this hiring to what happened with McVay simply isn't accurate.
he NEVER HAS CALLED PLAYS before well he did, he was inexperienced at play calling but somehow jumped from one year as Oc to HC and main genius playcaller....it is parallel, what position did Mcvay play in college and the nfl? very curious since IDGAFF who he is because I never heard of the guy but I do remember we beat the living crap out of Washington for many years with our Sub Par owners, GM, and OC/DC..guess he didnt help ;):rolleyes:

JayFord

Reaction score
McVay did call plays in DC, Gruden didnt start calling plays untill McVay left for the Rams, I get all the skins game.

I’m very familiar with the skins and you’re right mcvey called their plays until he was hired by LA

Mcveys offense in Washington was borderline unstoppable between the 20s and 50/50 in the redzone

phildadon86

Reaction score
Everyone starts somewhere. I was wrong about McVay not calling plays but before he was an OC he was TE's coach.
McVay had other positions under his belt for far longer than Moore. Moore was only given the job because Linehan was his biggest cheerleader.