***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that chick who plays the assassin type is smoking.

740full-amita-suman.jpg
Smoking what? I can see her hands and she's not holding a cigarette or a joint.

John813

Reaction score
Binging through Ozark.

It's a shame it'll only last 4 seasons but at the same time only so much plot for a money launderer with the FBI/ cartel on his back since season 1

Creeper

Reaction score
The Nevers looks interesting.

I am watching it. It's like X-men in the 1800s in London. It started out okay, but some of the characters are not doing it for me. Only a few episodes in and it seems to be heading in an unfortunate direction.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I am watching it. It's like X-men in the 1800s in London. It started out okay, but some of the characters are not doing it for me. Only a few episodes in and it seems to be heading in an unfortunate direction.

Thanks for the info. I was waiting for a couple more episodes to get released so I could binge it to get a feel for the plot and characters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I've noticed about HBO's series over the last couple of years, it really takes a while to get into it. I usually record them and when they get 4 or 5, start watching it and trying to keep continuity. Watching anything on a weekly basis is a chore for me.

I waited until they got mostly loaded on The Morning Show and Ted Lasso on Apple+ but I don't know if I am going to be able to do that with season 2 of Ted Lasso, absolutely loved that, what great casting.

When I was watching GoT, Breaking Bad and The Mandalorian, I had to watch the previous week's episode before the newest one to refresh me on what's going on.

I don't know if it's just aging but my head is filling up. I need to dump some stuff and make room for new but I am afraid if I dump too much I'll end up in the old folks' home, wearing my pajamas backwards and asking the staff why no one calls me Prime Minister Thatcher.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing I've noticed about HBO's series over the last couple of years, it really takes a while to get into it. I usually record them and when they get 4 or 5, start watching it and trying to keep continuity. Watching anything on a weekly basis is a chore for me.

I waited until they got mostly loaded on The Morning Show and Ted Lasso on Apple+ but I don't know if I am going to be able to do that with season 2 of Ted Lasso, absolutely loved that, what great casting.

When I was watching GoT, Breaking Bad and The Mandalorian, I had to watch the previous week's episode before the newest one to refresh me on what's going on.

I don't know if it's just aging but my head is filling up. I need to dump some stuff and make room for new but I am afraid if I dump too much I'll end up in the old folks' home, wearing my pajamas backwards and asking the staff why no one calls me Prime Minister Thatcher.
You say that as if it's a problem.

Creeper

Reaction score

It's not just HBO. It seems like all the writers are working off a template now. The first 4 or 5 episodes are about the full life stories of every character, and the plot is wound around the relationships of all the characters. GoT did the plot thing really well in the beginning and it kept the story moving. Some shows are not as good and it gets tedious right away. The problems spending so much time on character development is it hides the plot so after 5 episodes it leaves you wondering what the show is all about. Again, GoT got right into it and it kept multiple story lines moving all at once.

As for The Nevers, the all-female hero characters thing is wearing thin on me. The first couple of times it was okay, but now it is becoming a burden. Netflix has a female Wyatt Earp, Van Helsing, Holmes and Watson, and a slew of original characters. And of course embedded in these shows are the usual social justice themes. I just want to watch a good entertaining show once in a while.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just HBO. It seems like all the writers are working off a template now. The first 4 or 5 episodes are about the full life stories of every character, and the plot is wound around the relationships of all the characters. GoT did the plot thing really well in the beginning and it kept the story moving. Some shows are not as good and it gets tedious right away. The problems spending so much time on character development is it hides the plot so after 5 episodes it leaves you wondering what the show is all about. Again, GoT got right into it and it kept multiple story lines moving all at once.

As for The Nevers, the all-female hero characters thing is wearing thin on me. The first couple of times it was okay, but now it is becoming a burden. Netflix has a female Wyatt Earp, Van Helsing, Holmes and Watson, and a slew of original characters. And of course embedded in these shows are the usual social justice themes. I just want to watch a good entertaining show once in a while.
I get that, everything has to have a message, a deeper meaning. Their challenge with me is that I don't get deeper when I watch those series because sometimes I don't want to think, I just want to be entertained and I'd say that's most times. Tell me a good story and act it out well, that's all I ask.

The challenge is filling 6, 8 or 10 hours when all they have is a 2 hour story. It's funny that they trimmed between 30-45 minutes off each one of the LotR trilogy because they were concerned about the human attention span and patience. Yet, they'll have a 10 hours series move at a snail's pace with filler.

I would say, for the most part, that I am pleased with Netflix, Amazon, Apple+, Disney+ and HBO Max. Tried Hulu, Peacock and Paramount but didn't care for them. One of the problems is that their blockbusters are already in my collection so I do not need them. If I'd known they were going to be so readily available, I wouldn't have bought them. It's like having a 4000 CD collection and audio streaming comes along with Apple or Spotify. The Lazy Man's Library.

Creeper

Reaction score
I get that, everything has to have a message, a deeper meaning. Their challenge with me is that I don't get deeper when I watch those series because sometimes I don't want to think, I just want to be entertained and I'd say that's most times. Tell me a good story and act it out well, that's all I ask.

The challenge is filling 6, 8 or 10 hours when all they have is a 2 hour story. It's funny that they trimmed between 30-45 minutes off each one of the LotR trilogy because they were concerned about the human attention span and patience. Yet, they'll have a 10 hours series move at a snail's pace with filler.

I would say, for the most part, that I am pleased with Netflix, Amazon, Apple+, Disney+ and HBO Max. Tried Hulu, Peacock and Paramount but didn't care for them. One of the problems is that their blockbusters are already in my collection so I do not need them. If I'd known they were going to be so readily available, I wouldn't have bought them. It's like having a 4000 CD collection and audio streaming comes along with Apple or Spotify. The Lazy Man's Library.

Bingo. You hit the nail squarely on the head. So many series are really a two hour movie filled with fluff and pabulum to make it into a 10 hour series. The big series is the rage I guess, but maybe mixing a few series with some 2 hours movies would be better for the customers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo. You hit the nail squarely on the head. So many series are really a two hour movie filled with fluff and pabulum to make it into a 10 hour series. The big series is the rage I guess, but maybe mixing a few series with some 2 hours movies would be better for the customers.
I got the series model with HBO and other premium channels, they need to keep the customer hooked up.

Netflix mixes in the 2 hour ones along with the limited and full run series pretty well.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished Shadow and Bone...it was a decent watch.

Looking forward to season two of Ragnarok...that was a show that was a little different.

Watched the first season of the Irregulars...might go back and watch some more of it when I am bored.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've been watching an older show on HBO called Six Feet Under. I'm really enjoying it. While I won't say it's the most exciting or thrilling show I've ever watched, it is very entertaining. I very much enjoy the underlying themes about life sprinkled throughout the show.

I ended last night on S04E01 and it was one of the most powerful endings to a show I've seen in some time. Very moving. I almost feel they should have ended S03 with it instead but they must have their reasons.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Jupiter's Legacy dropped on Netflix today. About to start it. What a strange discrepancy between audience and critics reaction. Im interested...

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I've been watching an older show on HBO called Six Feet Under. I'm really enjoying it. While I won't say it's the most exciting or thrilling show I've ever watched, it is very entertaining. I very much enjoy the underlying themes about life sprinkled throughout the show.

I ended last night on S04E01 and it was one of the most powerful endings to a show I've seen in some time. Very moving. I almost feel they should have ended S03 with it instead but they must have their reasons.

I liked Six Feet Under. I didn't watch it until years after it had ended on HBO, but binged it when I did. I like the dysfunctional family stuff. Shameless is another good one that makes you feel better about your family.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finished Shadow and Bone...it was a decent watch.

Looking forward to season two of Ragnarok...that was a show that was a little different.

Watched the first season of the Irregulars...might go back and watch some more of it when I am bored.
Ragnarok would have been better if they actually had English speaking actors. The dubbing makes it hard for me to get absorbed.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ragnarok would have been better if they actually had English speaking actors. The dubbing makes it hard for me to get absorbed.

I did not actually think the dubbing was bad.
I think netflix has done a pretty decent job with most of the newer foreign stuff when it comes to dubbing.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's that about? I'm in a show hole and need something to start.

Foreign series. Mom with two high school age boys move back to an town that is basically ran by a family that owns a large corporation.

One of the boys that has some issues helps an old man (which is meant to be Odin) and the old man's wife bestows the power of thor upon the young man but he does not know it.

Later he notices some changes (like he can see better) and starts getting some powers.

Also the family that owns the corporation are actually frost giants (thors enemies) in human guise.

It is not a masterpiece by any means, also plays more to a younger adult audience but I still like it.

Of course if you are into norse mythology it is interesting but it does not beat your head over with it.