***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did not actually think the dubbing was bad.
I think netflix has done a pretty decent job with most of the newer foreign stuff when it comes to dubbing.
No, they did a pretty good job, but even at its best, dubbing forces them to change the dialog a bit, and sometimes it's kinda laughable.

Big_D

Reaction score
I've been watching an older show on HBO called Six Feet Under. I'm really enjoying it. While I won't say it's the most exciting or thrilling show I've ever watched, it is very entertaining. I very much enjoy the underlying themes about life sprinkled throughout the show.

I ended last night on S04E01 and it was one of the most powerful endings to a show I've seen in some time. Very moving. I almost feel they should have ended S03 with it instead but they must have their reasons.

Great show, great finale.

Sammy

Reaction score
Killer Joe on Hulu. I give it a 7. Matthew McConaughey sure is good at playing creepy.

Creeper

Reaction score
I've been watching an older show on HBO called Six Feet Under. I'm really enjoying it. While I won't say it's the most exciting or thrilling show I've ever watched, it is very entertaining. I very much enjoy the underlying themes about life sprinkled throughout the show.

I ended last night on S04E01 and it was one of the most powerful endings to a show I've seen in some time. Very moving. I almost feel they should have ended S03 with it instead but they must have their reasons.

Loved that show when it first ran, at least the first couple of seasons.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished watching "Penny Dreadful". 3 seasons, 27 episodes. After the first 4 or 5 episodes of season 1 thought it was Plenty Dreadful, but I continued to watch and it did get better. Not great, just better. Each season is a different story line with maybe an additional character or two. The bad guys are plenty bad, the good guys are bad, but good if you know what I mean. The finale was controversial and I can see why, but it we done is a way that makes it less annoying than GoT was. I hated the ending of GoT, but I understood why they ended it that way. At least, PD ended for the most part although they left a few loose ends. There will be no season 4, that was announced some time ago. I suppose they could resurrect it if they wanted to but it would have to be a lot different.

I will give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 and if you like Gothic horror you might like it a bit more. There is some excellent acting in this show. The guy who plays Frankenstein's monster does a great job portraying the sympathetic beast Mary Shelly wrote about. Eva Green does a good job as the lead character conflicted by good and evil. There are other characters lesser who are very good as well.

I like how they took all the characters from all the classic horrors novels and woven them into this series. It starts on a good premise.

Creeper

Reaction score
New show on HBO Max called Mare of Easttown. So far it seems promising. Unfortunately, HBO is only releasing 1 episode a week (I hate that! Just let me binge it dang it haha) and as of last night there are 2 out. I've enjoyed them enough I will keep watching.

I started watching they other day, up to episode 3. I am struggling with what a ***** Mare, Kate Winslet, is. She is so unlikable it is hard to imagine how she has any friend. No one in real life broods and *****es about like she does unless they are 100% alone in life. Her indiscretion in episode 3 goes way too far and would get anyone fired from their job without hesitation - and probably indicted as well. Not sure where the series goes from there but in real life, it would be over and a new main character would be in place.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I started watching they other day, up to episode 3. I am struggling with what a ***** Mare, Kate Winslet, is. She is so unlikable it is hard to imagine how she has any friend. No one in real life broods and *****es about like she does unless they are 100% alone in life. Her indiscretion in episode 3 goes way too far and would get anyone fired from their job without hesitation - and probably indicted as well. Not sure where the series goes from there but in real life, it would be over and a new main character would be in place.

Yeah that was an interesting development in the storyline. It will be curious to see where they go with that.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah that was an interesting development in the storyline. It will be curious to see where they go with that.

I think it is kind of predictable. She will ignore her captain and continue to investigate against orders, like we see with every rebellious lead character in a crime drama!

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished Shadow and Bone...it was a decent watch.

Looking forward to season two of Ragnarok...that was a show that was a little different.

Watched the first season of the Irregulars...might go back and watch some more of it when I am bored.

Just watched episode 1. I am interested for now. It has potential. I didn't read the book so the storyline is all new to me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched episode 1. I am interested for now. It has potential. I didn't read the book so the storyline is all new to me.
I liked it once I was about 3 eps in and felt like I knew what was going on.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Them - Decent show. No not the old all movie. An Amazon series. Little horror, drama and mystery. Watch the trailer to see it might be something you like.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finished up Six Feet Under. Fantastic show and ending. The show had some pretty powerful underlying tones throughout it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I started Counterpart on Amazon Prime. Was a series on Starz cancelled after 2 seasons. I am 3 episodes in and love it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Started Jupiter's Legacy.

Got halfway through the first episode. Not sure about this one yet.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay, I haven't seen Venom, but I just adore the Mrs. Chen interaction in the Venom 2 trailer.
That is right up my alley.
Is the first movie good?