***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been binge watching the first season of Ted Lasso, really enjoying it. Got a couple episodes left, just in time now that season 2 just started.
The timing of the release of that show with the message it delivers was absolutely perfect. It lifted my spirits from the very beginning and never let me down. Jason Sudeikis was made to play that character and the more I learn about him, the more be actually becomes Ted Lasso in real life.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished season 1 of Black Summer. I like it. It has a little "Left 4 Dead" vibe to it. Just a little. The episodes can be weird lengths. One episode if 44 minutes another is 21. I will start season 2 tonight and see how it goes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Shannara Chronicles on Netflix. Halfway through episode 2, and I like it so far. The lead actress looks like a better looking Natalie Portman, which only makes it that much more watchable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Shannara Chronicles on Netflix. Halfway through episode 2, and I like it so far. The lead actress looks like a better looking Natalie Portman, which only makes it that much more watchable.
I read the trilogy from Terry Brooks when they first came out as they had that Tolkienesgue quality about them but I haven't heard anything good about this and they cancelled it after 2 seasons because of the bad reviews.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I read the trilogy from Terry Brooks when they first came out as they had that Tolkienesgue quality about them but I haven't heard anything good about this and they cancelled it after 2 seasons because of the bad reviews.
Well that sucks. The first two episodes were pretty good, so it must've gone downhill after that. Oh well, the girl is way too hot for me to stop now.

Creeper

Reaction score
Season 2, Episode 7 "War of the Worlds" on Epix. Even a turtle eventually crosses the finish line! Things have changed quite a bit in this series. It was always a slow burn. I mean the tension of this show was it's one redeeming quality. Humans constantly hunted by killer aliens, the show did a really good job of keeping this tension up for about 13 episodes. But somewhere along the line the tenor of the show changed. Or maybe viewers just got used to it.

In any case, 7 episodes into season 2 we finally learn who the aliens are, where they came from and how they got here. We still don't know for sure what they really want or why they decided to wipe out all humans on earth, except 2 but I suspect that's coming either next week or next season if there is one. It turns out the aliens a really are humans from the future coming back with a grudge to settle. I cannot imagine what we humans did that was so bad we needed to be exterminated, but I am going to make a wild guess. The father of these humans was a psychopath. His father had muscular dystrophy, and he passed it on within the race of aliens. The father being a nut job believes this genetic flaw is the result of something the 21st century humans did to him, rather than his own genetic fate. He instilled in his offspring a psychotic hatred for mankind and after generations, his descendants became brainwashed with this hatred. Does this make sense? No. But none of it makes sense. If the two humans from the 21st century are the "Adam and Eve" of this race of aliens, imagine the inbreeding! Maybe this is why one alien character had 3 miscarriages. The bigger problem is of course the time travel paradox. If the two 21st century humans were the originators of the alien races then how did they get on a alien space ship in the 21st century if they had not created this new race yet? All the contradictions could fill a book.

All of this was pretty predictable since the beginning when the "Adam and Eve" had visions of being with each other, including a vision of the "Eve" being pregnant. All we are waiting for now is the aliens to realize the truth and to seek a solution with the remaining human survivors. Or maybe the aliens will jump in time again, kill the Adam character and prevent the genesis of a race of aliens with serious genetic flaws in the first place. If either sides choose to prevent the conception of the alien race then what happens to 21st century earth? If there was no alien race with a huge grudge, then they would not attack earth and kill 4 billion people. Does everything go back to the way it was before the invasion? I guess we will find out.