***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The season finale of What If...? was action packed. Also watch the end credits...
The action was fun, from the double shield take down to the swarming Mjolnirs...
kmyXaZP.gif
The redemption of Strange-Supreme was marvelous, he was definitely the MVP.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Season 2 for the Stark on Sakaar episode...
uKqg0zv.gif
Inopportune delays in production changed the season from ten episodes to nine.

But at least Captain Carter can finally collect that dance that Rogers owes her...
3M9CLty.gif
The first season was entertaining and I look forward to watching the next season.
The last two episodes made it all worth the lesser ones. The finale was amazing.

When you said to watch the end credits, did you mean for the scene you posted?
Correct, the last GIF within the spoiler of my post is from the scene I was referencing. Hopefully no one clicks on the spoiler button in my posts before watching the episode, unless they like spoilers. :D
Also if there are any Marvel fans that prefer to binge watch the streaming shows, the entire first season of What If...? is now fully released. I found the show entertaining and I highly recommend it. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Correct, the last GIF within the spoiler of my post is from the scene I was referencing. Hopefully no one clicks on the spoiler button in my posts before watching the episode, unless they like spoilers. :D
Also if there are any Marvel fans that prefer to binge watch the streaming shows, the entire first season of What If...? is now fully released. I found the show entertaining and I highly recommend it. :thumbup:
They finished up just in time for Black Widow to be free with a subscription. Looking forward to seeing that tonight!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife told me last night she has a free, 3-month Apple TV trial subscription. The previews have intrigued me. It is highly likely I will give the show a shot, at least, while I can for free, lol.
While you're there, check out The Morning Show, Ted Lasso and For All Mankind. And be sure and watch the movie Greyhound, it is excellent.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first season contained good and less than good episodes but one thing was also true in my opinion. Marvel tied all the What Ifs together extremely well, demonstrating yet again their talent for cohesive storytelling.

Absolutely love Disney+ 's Marvel hub. It is definitely superior to HBO Max's DC Universe hub. Marvel. Still kicking DC's... crap there I go again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While you're there, check out The Morning Show, Ted Lasso and For All Mankind. And be sure and watch the movie Greyhound, it is excellent.
I have read and heard nothing but good things about Ted Lasso. I was somewhat impressed how often the show's number was called during the Emmys recently. I will likely try it out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have read and heard nothing but good things about Ted Lasso. I was somewhat impressed how often the show's number was called during the Emmys recently. I will likely try it out.
DE, it was if it was just written to take the edge of the pandemic fatigue. A real feel good.

I haven't started season 2 because I was waiting for the full load, which will be tomorrow night. Amazon and Netflix spoiled me with giving me a season at a time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first season contained good and less than good episodes but one thing was also true in my opinion. Marvel tied all the What Ifs together extremely well, demonstrating yet again their talent for cohesive storytelling.

Absolutely love Disney+ 's Marvel hub. It is definitely superior to HBO Max's DC Universe hub. Marvel. Still kicking DC's... crap there I go again.

I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with What If...? overall. It was nice to have more Marvel stories and to have the actors back to do voice work, but the overall storytelling left me cold. I thought it could have been much better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with What If...? overall. It was nice to have more Marvel stories and to have the actors back to do voice work, but the overall storytelling left me cold. I thought it could have been much better.
Other than the final two episodes, I felt like I was wasting my time. Those last two though, tied it all together and made the rest, if not better, at least more significant.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than the final two episodes, I felt like I was wasting my time. Those last two though, tied it all together and made the rest, if not better, at least more significant.

I was meh on the last two. A lot of flashes and bright lights that ultimately didn't amount to much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was meh on the last two. A lot of flashes and bright lights that ultimately didn't amount to much.
I'll admit, it did get an anime feel to it...but I found myself giving a crap what happened and wondering where they were going to end up, which is a lot more than I can say for the first 7(?) episodes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll admit, it did get an anime feel to it...but I found myself giving a crap what happened and wondering where they were going to end up, which is a lot more than I can say for the first 7(?) episodes.

And that's exactly what I didn't feel. I knew coming in that this was simply a distraction to tide fans over until the next live-action series. Nothing that happened in this animated universe would matter once it was over.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, the default version is dubbed. I go for the original, can't stand Wayne's World dub lips. Netflix is known now for a ton of great international TV and movie, so I think they invest heavy in the dubbing.

I watched it dubbed in English. At the end my wife and I thought maybe we should have watched in in the original language to hear the real voices of the actors. Not sure if it would have changed our opinions of the show much.

I thought it was an interesting premise but I was somewhat disappointed by the ending.

I actually told my wife early on that the old guy was somehow behind the game. It didn't make sense that an old guy dying of a brain tumor would get picked to play with all those other players.

Also, I didn't get the guilt trip the winner had at the end. He went back to play the game knowing what the games were about after they all voted to end the games the first time. How did he not realize that after the last game was played, there would be only 1 player left to win and everyone else would be dead?

And, are we supposed to believe the cop's messages were never sent and after he disappeared he could not be found? Seemed like a loose end to me.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I watched it dubbed in English. At the end my wife and I thought maybe we should have watched in in the original language to hear the real voices of the actors. Not sure if it would have changed our opinions of the show much.

I thought it was an interesting premise but I was somewhat disappointed by the ending.

I actually told my wife early on that the old guy was somehow behind the game. It didn't make sense that an old guy dying of a brain tumor would get picked to play with all those other players.

Also, I didn't get the guilt trip the winner had at the end. He went back to play the game knowing what the games were about after they all voted to end the games the first time. How did he not realize that after the last game was played, there would be only 1 player left to win and everyone else would be dead?

And, are we supposed to believe the cop's messages were never sent and after he disappeared he could not be found? Seemed like a loose end to me.

My wife caught the same hints you did about that character. Blurted it out as they were happening so it sort of ruined the ending. LOL

Keeping this spoiler free, I agree with your last point about that character and the loose end. I thought they would show some thing at the end. The whole series seems destined for a sequel.

visionary

Reaction score

agree
Pretty meh from my standpoint
Perhaps the real life superhero movies have spoilt us

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm with you on all of it. Seems like the whole story line with the cop was completely irrelevant to the story, unless they plan to make a second season about him.[spoiler/]

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched Squid games and I liked it.

I don't know if anyone watches the youtube channel Flick Connection https://www.youtube.com/c/FlickConnection

He does reviews of stuff coming on netflix and sometimes will do youtube and other streaming things.

He said if you liked Squid games you also may like another series on Netflix called Alice in Borderland.

I liked both. Both were foreign, both had games that people had to survive but they each had their differences.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
DE, it was if it was just written to take the edge of the pandemic fatigue. A real feel good.

I haven't started season 2 because I was waiting for the full load, which will be tomorrow night. Amazon and Netflix spoiled me with giving me a season at a time.

Ted Lasso deserved every emmy it won. Phenomenal show, great writing. Amazing mix of hilarious jokes with real characters. Good review into humanity.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Ted Lasso deserved every emmy it won. Phenomenal show, great writing. Amazing mix of hilarious jokes with real characters. Good review into humanity.
Absolutely, great writing, great cast..... so many quotable lines, unfortunately many of them cannot be posted here.....lol