***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu thread***

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,266 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    Everybody wants their own slice of the streaming pie. Eventually it'll be cable all over again where discount packages for multiple streaming services.

2. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,283 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    And that sucks. It was nice when it was just a couple options with a good selection of stuff to watch. Now all the studios think they can get a slice and will wall off their content. And like you said, after the market is divided companies come along offering multiple streaming channels for a "discounted" price.

3. DeathMonkey

3,266 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    It does suck, but it's not like we have much in the way of choice.

4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

11,841 Messages
    19,549 Likes Received
    Just finishing up Daredevil 3 and wondering if Disney takes this up how they will treat it. If they're going the PG route, going to take away some of the darkness and grittiness of Daredevil and The Punisher. I also wonder if the casts of both are tied to Netflix to keep them from continuing the characters. I can't see anyone but Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Jon Bernthal as The Punisher.

I hope the new competition causes them to go balls out and they've already announced a rate increase of $2 per month on average. I think we'll see more like Bird Box with A list actors. I thought that was good and well acted and I am glad they twisted it to the light for the ending. Didn't read the book but I read where it had a much darker ending.

Took me a week to recover from the ending of "The Mist". When you can make a Stephen King ending worse and have him laughing about the balls to do that, you've accomplished something. I think they should have done an alt ending for the home market to sell more units.

5. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

9,693 Messages
    13,589 Likes Received
    Is anyone watching 60 Days In on A&E?

Regular, non-criminal volunteers go into prison to see if they can make it for 60 days.

I'm hooked.

Some of these people are more deranged than the real inmates.

6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

72,385 Messages
    25,782 Likes Received
    Watched Pine Gap... Only six episodes.

Liked it but could have done without the soap opera stuff they added in.

Liked the parts with the twists and to figutlre out what each character is up to at one time or another. Could have been much better but not bad for a quick season when you are bored.

Watched a few "Scary or thriller" movies the wife picked out.

Down a dark hallway - a secluded private school for a handful of teen girls who got in trouble in their past schools. Each girl starts to develop talents they never had in some areas (. Art, piano, math and so on). But it comes at a price.
    Little cheesy but not terrible... Problem is I fell asleep halfway through. Wife said it did not get better.

Mara - ancient evil force that starts stalking and terrorizing people in their sleep and eventually kills them.
    Meh

The eyes - older movie with Jessica Alba that is a remake of a Japanese movie.
    Blind girl gets eye or Cornea transplants and starts seeing things that the original owner wants her to see. It's OK but could have been better.

7. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    Binge watched yellowstone with kevin costner. It's a cross between Dallas on steroids and the Sopranos. Bribery sibling rivalry, murder crooked cops and crooked politicians. Good show

Nightman likes this.
  8. DeathMonkey

3,266 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail (and other Monty Python items) are on Netflix. If you've never seen the Holy Grail and choose not to see it, you're dead to me.

9. CouchCoach

11,841 Messages
    19,549 Likes Received
    Well, what a huge letdown. Started Punisher 2 last night after two weeks of anticipation as that's the best thing I've seen on Netflix. I don't know if the Disney announcement affected the production as they knew this would be the last but what a major disappointment. Except for Bernthal, the acting is mediocre and the writing just plain bad. A bunch of crap and one obligatory fight or gun battle per episode.

I am 5 in, because I expected better as the directing and writing changed after episode 2, and will go the distance but that is only because I am 5 hours vested into this.

Runwildboys likes this.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

28,907 Messages
    10,350 Likes Received
    Watched s02e01 of Star Trek Discovery last night, and no I do not have cbs all access.

11. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

38,694 Messages
    17,698 Likes Received
    Kodi and Firestick..?

12. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

38,694 Messages
    17,698 Likes Received
    I am at episode five too and kinda feel the same way about some of the acting but not all. For example, the Sheriff was good for me but I could have cared less for any of his deputies. The fight scenes and gun battles go hand-in-hand with the character though. I have enjoyed them thus far.

Edit: My vote is still out for the actress playing the shrink. Hopefully her character gets better as the show progresses.

13. CouchCoach

11,841 Messages
    19,549 Likes Received
    The biggest problems are the actresses playing the girl and his friend at Homeland. And the guy playing the deranged zealot is flat out awful, I will see it to the end just to see him go toes up.

It did get better after the 2nd one when the writer and director changed. If I was Frank, I'd kick their ***** for showing up to work.

DallasEast likes this.
  14. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

43,423 Messages
    15,433 Likes Received
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail interesting facts. heh Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin and others help finance it rofl.

15. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

43,423 Messages
    15,433 Likes Received
    My buddy puts it on Plex, but I pay for CBS All-Access just to help ensure they continue to create new Star Trek content.

16. DeathMonkey

3,266 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    Runwildboys likes this.
  17. CouchCoach

11,841 Messages
    19,549 Likes Received
    Ok reporting back, 10 in on Punisher 2 and I feel like I am the one being punished as I keep expecting this to get better. The acting is abominable. Shame on you Netflix, shame on you!

18. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    I've found it slow and pointless so far. I think I'm at episode 8. Hoping it gets much better very soon.

19. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    That's exactly how it seemed.

20. CouchCoach

11,841 Messages
    19,549 Likes Received
    I finished it and was really disappointed. Maybe I was all in on the first one a little too much because I really don't care for comic book movies that much but I like that character.

I think they did this one half heartedly because they knew all of the Marvel stuff was leaving. I think Disney rocked their world a little while they were keeping an eye on Amazon.

I think Netflix is using a little strategy in raising their prices now, before Disney debuts. They will lose some and can attribute that to price and not competition because the industry will be watching that closely. For people maxed out on that type of expense, with children, what do they give up?

Juggernaut and Runwildboys like this.