***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched this stand up with Adam Devine because I liked him in "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and I laughed once, I think. Watching a stand up routine and not laughing is a weird feeling. I do not plan on making a habit of that.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Watched this stand up with Adam Devine because I liked him in "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and I laughed once, I think. Watching a stand up routine and not laughing is a weird feeling. I do not plan on making a habit of that.
Does anyone have any recent standups to recommend? They are very hit or miss for me and I know it's subjective, but I would probably check some out on recommendation. Trying to remember the last one I saw that I liked. One of my favorites from years ago was Bill Hicks. I actually saw his last performance live before he died. I pulled a muscle that night laughing and the guy knew he didn't have long left at that point. RIP Bill...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone have any recent standups to recommend? They are very hit or miss for me and I know it's subjective, but I would probably check some out on recommendation. Trying to remember the last one I saw that I liked. One of my favorites from years ago was Bill Hicks. I actually saw his last performance live before he died. I pulled a muscle that night laughing and the guy knew he didn't have long left at that point. RIP Bill...
My favorites are Bill Burr, Tom Papa and Tom Sigura and the last one by Ray Romano was really funny. I like Lewis Black and Kathleen Madigan as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jessica Jones. Thought Foolkiller was the weakest of the three major villains, falling behind Killgrave and Jessica's mother. That said, the final season was the best of all three for me. Episode 13 has two great cameos, one at the start of the final episode and one at its very end--albeit the latter was a voice cameo only.

I may end up missing Ritter the most. A tragic hero who always wins in the end even when the outcome is exactly what she does not want the most.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I finished the third season of Stranger Things last night. Although it started out slow and some of the anachronisms can be distracting, overall I enjoyed it. Unfortunately the third season didn't introduce us to more children test subjects or expand on "The Upside Down" dimension, but the new character Robin (Maya Hawke, daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethane Hawk) was breath of fresh air and scene stealer. If you're a fan of the previous Stranger Things seasons, I recommend watching the third. The first season is still the best, but I'd place the third over the second because of the better plot pacing.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Anthony Jeselnik Fire in the Maternity Ward is very funny. Only watch it if you enjoy dark humor. If you like Bill Hicks you should be okay...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anthony Jeselnik Fire in the Maternity Ward is very funny. Only watch it if you enjoy dark humor. If you like Bill Hicks you should be okay...
Watched it when it first came out and I was glad I was alone when watching it and I still looked around nervously when laughing at some of it. That is the most aptly named stand up I've seen in a while. There is no envelope for him to push, he set fire to it.

I particularly like his self awareness of his act and there were a couple of times I could just about read his thoughts from his starting to break up. I read "can't believe I'm going to say this".

gambit187

Reaction score
So no one on this thread watched WHEN THEY SEE US or cared to comment on it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am wondering about the future of the film industry and the fans that like to go to the theater. Some like the experience so much the venues showing the last season of GoT were packed.

With the Netflix and Amazon home streaming competition staying hot and heavy and Hulu getting a shot in the arm with Disney moving a lot of the soon to be pulled Netflix product there and Disney getting into it, that's a lot of companies to subscribe to and we've yet to see what Apple and Universal are bringing.

Add to this cable and satellite and premium channels and that home portal is going to be chocked full of more product than we'll have time to watch. This is all going to drive that home entertainment expense up significantly.

Do you plan on adding these new streaming services? Will you budget more for home entertainment or will something have to decrease to cover for the expense? And there is the time issue as well, since there will be no time added, at what point do I realize, I can't watch all of this? Then begins the prioritization and Amazon has a leg up on that since there's is part of the Prime membership. I have ordered enough from them to consider that free because of the savings on shipping.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that brings up what about the nets? Will the further penetration of streaming into the home come at the cost of some of the network programs time spent viewing forcing the nets into paying through the nose for live sporting events? Does this play into the hands of the NFL because the NFL is all about broadcast rights and sponsorships.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Watched it when it first came out and I was glad I was alone when watching it and I still looked around nervously when laughing at some of it. That is the most aptly named stand up I've seen in a while. There is no envelope for him to push, he set fire to it.

I particularly like his self awareness of his act and there were a couple of times I could just about read his thoughts from his starting to break up. I read "can't believe I'm going to say this".

His stage persona is great. He plays such a good jerk, yet is so likable. Almost no comedians nowadays are able to get away with what Jeselnik does. If you get a chance to see his other stand ups do it. I want to say he has 1 more on netflix