***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu thread***

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 22, 2016.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    I saw it and he's got this way about him that let's the audience in on the joke. That's not him saying those things, that's his stage persona that he's allowing to say them. And in both of those standups, he was very in tune to the audience before proceeding.

the_h0wey likes this.
  2. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Watch it? Heck...I got to live it! LOL Me and a group of buddies were headed to the beach, stopped @ the McD's that's next door to the bank and walked out to a live showing of Cops. :p Talk about some *** up people.

On another note, has anyone else seen the series 'Chance' on Hulu? Started a bit slow but eventually hooked me in and I loved it. Darius 'D' was by far one of my favorite characters...ever. Dude played one heck of a role. Not pleased that it wasn't renewed for a 3rd season.

SlammedZero and Roadtrip635 like this.
  3. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    I am 3 episodes in and have had my emotions put through the wringer. I bounce from being sad to mad and back again that wore me out.

It is very well done and I keep wanting to tell myself 'this really didn't happen, it's fiction' but I know better.

I wonder how the cast felt about that as they were filming it? The raw emotions some show are not acting and I am sure some are pulling from similiar circumstances to the 5.

gambit187 likes this.
  4. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

13,766 Messages
    11,004 Likes Received
    Has anyone been watching Catch-22. I watched the first episode a few weeks back, but haven't gotten back to it. I loved the book, just wondering if people are enjoying the series.

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    Just watched Robert Johnson, Devil at the Crossroads. Great documentary.. sold his soul to the devil and inspired countless guitar players. And gone by 27. He started that club!!

JIMMYBUFFETT and Roadtrip635 like this.
  6. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    Finished it last night and it was really well done but the end left me hanging with only what happened to The 5 and not the ones that wrecked their lives. I did see an article about the woman who became an author, after orchestrating the miscarriage, but haven't seen anything since the series was released.

7. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    I can watch the end of "Crossroads" with Steve Vai doing all the guitar work once a week. The man has hands born to play the guitar or play Nosferatu.

Big_D likes this.
  8. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    When your fingers are that long and skinny you have one path in life. Robert Johnson had that also. Probably much tougher to play guitar if their fingers were short and pudgy!! But yeah.. Crossroads was awesome.

9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

40,924 Messages
    21,981 Likes Received
    The Umbrella Academy is a hot mess of superhero family dysfunction. All episodes are interwoven really well for a show having paradoxes as a constant while maintaining continuity.

There are good performances throughout, although I thought the Luther and Alison characters were a touch stiff a few times.

Number Five is the best of the group in my opinion, carrying on like a 60 year old man in a teenager's body. I did not know Aidan Gallagher before (not a big fan of Nickelodeon outside of Avatar: The Last Airbender) but loved his character the most.

Roadtrip635 and DanteEXT like this.
  10. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    Watching "The Boys" on Amazon and am 3 episodes in and not sure what I think about it. I like the idea of and anti superheroes, mainly because I am tired of all the movies about them, but I am not loving this. Like the guy in the lead, his look reminds me of Bill Hader, and I like Karl Urban but I am not sure I like this series yet. I waiting to get hooked.

11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

25,846 Messages
    4,759 Likes Received
    I loved this series. It was funny, it had action, it was quirky and dark. It was well acted and written.

stasheroo likes this.
  12. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    Definitely quirky and dark and I will stay with it.

13. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

18,114 Messages
    34,718 Likes Received
    Another Life, on Netflix. Anyone watching this? I like it so far, just starting episode 3.

14. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

5,976 Messages
    14,378 Likes Received
    I never re-watch shows, like ever, but I decided to re-watch Breaking Bad. Finished it up the other day. It was just as fantastic the second time through. What a great show.

Roadtrip635 likes this.
  15. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,399 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I just finished it last night. I enjoyed it, hope it gets a second season.

Runwildboys likes this.
  16. Runwildboys

18,114 Messages
    34,718 Likes Received
    Good, after the third episode I was worried they were going to try to rewrite Aliens.

17. DallasEast

40,924 Messages
    21,981 Likes Received
    I saw Katee Sackhoff was in the trailer so I plan on watching the show at some point.

Runwildboys likes this.
  18. Runwildboys

18,114 Messages
    34,718 Likes Received
    Don't expect her to be hot. Lol

SlammedZero and DallasEast like this.
  19. DallasEast

40,924 Messages
    21,981 Likes Received
    Never have. Well, I lie. I did think she was a little hot during that bathtub daydream scene with Howard on The Big Bang Theory. :laugh:

No, I just like her as an actress. She was THE best Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica in my book. Bar none.

Runwildboys likes this.
  20. CouchCoach

17,229 Messages
    28,796 Likes Received
    Finished "The Boys" on Amazon and liked it. Wasn't sure starting out but it got better and I really liked Jack Quaid, son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan, in the lead role. Always liked Karl Urban and he does a fine job as well. Good job of ending the first season to make me want more too.

DeathMonkey and stasheroo like this.