***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Altered Carbon - At first it seemed like the typical post apocalyptic, futuristic, overboard kind of show. But it got really interesting by episode 4.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
6 Underground, Netflix. 8.5/10. I hope they make more with this cast, this was a fun ride.
Just watched it today. I agree, I like the cast, but the cinematography was weird. Looked like it was directed by whoever did Fear Factor. Also, I thought the opening car chase was way, way over the top....... 8/10 from me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched it today. I agree, I like the cast, but the cinematography was weird. Looked like it was directed by whoever did Fear Factor. Also, I thought the opening car chase was way, way over the top....... 8/10 from me.
It's Michael Bay, he's afraid we'll get bored.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There's new episodes of Anne with an E. I've been a big fan of the Anne of Green Gables series for years. It was done in the 80s with Meghan Follows as Anne. I was a little nervous that they were re-doing it as Anne with an E this century, but they've done a really good job with it. It's darker than the 80s version of the show,but they've made it work. They found the right actress to play Anne, Amybeth McNulty. She's done an amazing job making the character likable without making it boring. It's like transporting back in time to a simpler time. It's well worth the watch.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Started watching the Witcher. Pretty entertaining but the writing/dialogue at times is, well, awful.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Never heard of it.

It’s pretty fascinating.

My wife and I are hooked. What I find most interesting is watching the general differences between Japanese and American culture. Over there it’s vital to have a focus that you’re striving or working towards. If you don’t, you’re looked at as strange. Also, “dating” is much more casual. It’s not uncommon for someone to ask another person out.

Holding hands is big deal over there. That’s not to say they are prudes, but the pace is much slower in that regard.

Also, the episodes happen almost in real time. Often the house members will watch episodes of themselves from the week prior which makes things interesting.

Right now they have an Italian guy there that speaks perfect Japanese. He does manga for a living.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dont 'F With Cats. 6/10

Interesting, but meh as far as true crime goes.

Also I think they should have made more of the mob mentality that got that African man to commit suicide. There is a real lesson towards vigilance there that they failed to explore

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dracula on Netflix. Three episodes that are about 90 minutes each.
I think the people who did the BBC Sherlock series did this one.
Not bad.
I watched the first episode. Don't know if I'll watch more. It's pretty slow, and their attempts at humor are lame. Also, the guy who plays Dracula looks more like an accountant than a vampire.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the R. Kelley thing on Netflix? I have to admit that I couldn't have named a song he did but the series was kind of fascinating from a "how could someone be this much of a scumbag?" angle. My wife was watching it while I've been depressingly watching the Garrett updates. It was more interesting than that at least. LOL!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Witcher is borderline one of these shows that’s so bad it’s good. The lead character is completely one-dimensional; the brooding is comical. The writing reminds me of Xena Princess Warrior.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just concluded The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel S3 and it was great. The writing with the comebacks is truly as well done as I've seen in some time. The only complaint is the timing, it's a little too quick but I understand why they're doing that.

Going to try Fleabag next.