***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't want to pay for Apple streaming but I do want to see the new Beastie Boys documentary.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Started The Morning Show, Apple TV+, last night and stayed halfway through it and will finish tonight. Good cast and the subject matter is timely.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finished The Ranch last night. I was happy with the ending. I enjoyed that show. Liked the good mix of drama and comedy.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Binged watched a couple of series

Locke & Key - Guess it is based off a Comic Book. Love the idea of it, think it could have been done better.
Basic Idea is the Families father is shot by a young kid asking about the keys. The family moves to the fathers family home which apparently none of them have been to before.
The house is old but is a mansion full of secrets. The kids start finding Keys that hold magical properties. From there an evil force is released.

Ragnarok - Foreign series. Mother and two sons move to a small town in Norway. When coming into town one of the boys helps out an old man (of course the old man is wearing an eye patch which seems to indicate that he his Odin the all father). The wife of the old man sees it and touches the boy giving him powers that he is not aware of at the time. Turns out she gives him the powers of Thor and again he has to find out about his powers on his own. There also happens to be a family living in town that runs a huge corporation...turns out they are evil giants masquerading as the family. Show is kind of interesting and kind of lame for the tweener type stuff. Also it is slow. although only six episodes it takes until the last episode before we see any "lightning" from the kid/thor.

Started watching another Life...got halfway through and got tired. Will finish it off sometime this week. Kind of one of those shows that is good in some ways but not sure if it is enough to keep you hooked for future seasons.

Movie called Desolate - slow burner, not terrible but not great IMO. Kind of got itself tangled in what it was trying to do IMO. It has elements like a dystopian future but then falls back on that in some ways.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished Watchmen (HBO) and if you like weird, you'll like this. The way it is put together, reminds me of Witcher (Netflix) with the timelines jerking you from one to another but it eventually falls into place. I am constantly impressed with the level of acting in HBO productions, even the small parts are treated as critical.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished Watchmen (HBO) and if you like weird, you'll like this. The way it is put together, reminds me of Witcher (Netflix) with the timelines jerking you from one to another but it eventually falls into place. I am constantly impressed with the level of acting in HBO productions, even the small parts are treated as critical.
I found Lady Trieu's fate extremely fitting. :muttley:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think I might have been one of the few that just did not like the movie. Only a couple of parts in the movie I cared for but for the most part I found it boring, slow and did not care for most of the characters at all.

I figured the show would be similar so have avoided it.

If it is different from the movie I might give it a try.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I might have been one of the few that just did not like the movie. Only a couple of parts in the movie I cared for but for the most part I found it boring, slow and did not care for most of the characters at all.

You might give this a shot, I did like the characters and Regina King and Jeremy Irons were excellent but then she always is.

They did a nice job of bringing everything into focus and left it wide open for a second series.

This has it's slow moments but I was so engaged in trying to figure out how each was a piece to the puzzle, I didn't mind the pace. There were many "wait! Who in the hell is this and what do they have to do with this?" moments. But then I'd get this "ohhhhhhh, I get it now".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The series' premise is the same as the movie but it is two fairly different storylines. King and Irons are great in the series as @CouchCoach has already mentioned but I think you will also enjoy Jean Smart and Louis Gossett Jr.'s performances too--although Gossett does not get as much screen time as the other three.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Binged watched a couple of series

Locke & Key - Guess it is based off a Comic Book. Love the idea of it, think it could have been done better.
Basic Idea is the Families father is shot by a young kid asking about the keys. The family moves to the fathers family home which apparently none of them have been to before.
The house is old but is a mansion full of secrets. The kids start finding Keys that hold magical properties. From there an evil force is released.

Ragnarok - Foreign series. Mother and two sons move to a small town in Norway. When coming into town one of the boys helps out an old man (of course the old man is wearing an eye patch which seems to indicate that he his Odin the all father). The wife of the old man sees it and touches the boy giving him powers that he is not aware of at the time. Turns out she gives him the powers of Thor and again he has to find out about his powers on his own. There also happens to be a family living in town that runs a huge corporation...turns out they are evil giants masquerading as the family. Show is kind of interesting and kind of lame for the tweener type stuff. Also it is slow. although only six episodes it takes until the last episode before we see any "lightning" from the kid/thor.

Started watching another Life...got halfway through and got tired. Will finish it off sometime this week. Kind of one of those shows that is good in some ways but not sure if it is enough to keep you hooked for future seasons.

Movie called Desolate - slow burner, not terrible but not great IMO. Kind of got itself tangled in what it was trying to do IMO. It has elements like a dystopian future but then falls back on that in some ways.
I'm watching Ragnarok too, and I agree with your assessment....but thanks for the spoiler! J/K, they show the lightning scene in the previews.

I think the show would be much better with better dubbing. It's almost as bad as Kung Foo Theatre... It's somewhat comical at times, how they stress different syllables.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ragnarok is probably next

I watched Unauthorized Living. Liked it enough to watch it all the way through over an extended period (not binge-worthy)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It's very different from the movie. I didn't care for the movie either.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Amazon Season 5 All or Nothing was recently released (Feb 7th 2020) and it is on the Eagles. I do not recall them ever releasing a season after a season concluded.

Edit: Just checked the release date for the 4 previous seasons and they ranged from April-July.