***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find the Asian girl to be the most interesting character.
Of course you do. I keep wondering about how her part in this is going to develop. It just seems to have bogged down but they do have the devices to bring it back and her methods of whacking people are quite entertaining.

I wonder about the writers on something like this. They write one season without knowing how well this is going to be accepted or renewed and it takes off. I wonder if they go into a slow down mode to stretch it out a little? If they give us too much, we'll just hunger for more. And it hasn't gotten bad, just not as good as it was but that is easily fixed.

My main problem is the introduction of Storm Front, she is not in the same league as the other actors and she gets too much face time. An evil beautiful woman is more enticing.

When JJ Abrams did Lost, I don't think he thought it was going to take off like that and didn't have that end in mind. They hope for a hit series and then get one and try to figure out how to keep it going. He gets hammered a lot for the end but that show was the springboard to his success now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i finished Breaking Bad last night. every episode of teh last season plus was rivetting. Usually when a series is wrapping up, it seems like you can tell all the story lines are being rushed through but the ending of the series was just epic. It could not have ended any better. and even in the evilness of the main character, there was some redemption at the end. This is now my favorite series of all time and I dont even think it is close. Great Acting, great story lines, great writing, and truly an epic series.
Yep, that was a hell of a payoff and some of the camera work in that last season was downright magical.

That show is a good example of knowing when to end it. Sons of Anarchy went one season too long for me but The Shield went one too short.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course you do. I keep wondering about how her part in this is going to develop. It just seems to have bogged down but they do have the devices to bring it back and her methods of whacking people are quite entertaining.

I wonder about the writers on something like this. They write one season without knowing how well this is going to be accepted or renewed and it takes off. I wonder if they go into a slow down mode to stretch it out a little? If they give us too much, we'll just hunger for more. And it hasn't gotten bad, just not as good as it was but that is easily fixed.

My main problem is the introduction of Storm Front, she is not in the same league as the other actors and she gets too much face time. An evil beautiful woman is more enticing.

When JJ Abrams did Lost, I don't think he thought it was going to take off like that and didn't have that end in mind. They hope for a hit series and then get one and try to figure out how to keep it going. He gets hammered a lot for the end but that show was the springboard to his success now.
I don't care for the Stormfront character, and you're right, she gets to much facetime. I get the sense that either Homelander is going to end up killing her, or someone who finds out about her past will, and Homelander will go after them.
Either way, I don't think she'll be around more than one or two seasons, assuming the show continues.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care for the Stormfront character, and you're right, she gets to much facetime. I get the sense that either Homelander is going to end up killing her, or someone who finds out about her past will, and Homelander will go after them.
Either way, I don't think she'll be around more than one or two seasons, assuming the show continues.
I was surprised at the episodes this season only getting 3 stars. Maybe this is more of a hit to us than the gen pop?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want more Huey time. His facial expressions and interaction with Butcher really made that first season for me. He's our identifying character as a non hero hero.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want more Huey time. His facial expressions and interaction with Butcher really made that first season for me. He's our identifying character as a non hero hero.
He was the guy who introduced us to the idea that Supers could be DBags. I'm not sure I'd miss him if the baton was passed on to someone else though. Although I do like him more this season than last season. He actually seems to be the glue that holds his group together now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not happy with how they're writing that character. Vought seems to keep everyone else in line, but inexplicably lets that one do whatever she wants, whenever and wherever she wants. Going so far as to publicly rant against her employer and teammates. There's far too much 'convenience' happening around that character for the sake of what I feel is some lazy writing.

I feel that Abrams problems are in creating mysteries without knowing how they will end himself. He's spoken of creating 'mystery boxes' in his work, most notably with Star Wars - The Force Awakens. And he himself did not have definitive resolutions for the mysteries that he himself created. I think that's sloppy, careless writing and if it were my choice, I'd never let him begin a mystery unless he had a definitive ending planned out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope not. I'm not a fan of the character either. The sooner she goes, the better in my opinion. But I fear that's not going to happen any time soon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope not. I'm not a fan of the character either. The sooner she goes, the better in my opinion. But I fear that's not going to happen any time soon.
Judging by the direction they're starting to go in episode 6, she needs to be quickly disposed of, and Homelander needs to be the one to do it, or have his character drastically changed, IMO. The storyline they seem to be headed toward can't be dragged out for long, in light of recent events.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Starting S2;E1 of The Expanse. Pretty bleak view of the future, but probably more realistic than most...and they seem to pay attention to the physics involved, so you're not constantly thinking, "Nope. No way that would happen."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched ep 6 of The Boys and still hoping this can turn it around because they're losing me and I don't want to get lost. I came into season 2 all fired up and I am disappointed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched ep 6 of The Boys and still hoping this can turn it around because they're losing me and I don't want to get lost. I came into season 2 all fired up and I am disappointed.
I blame Stormfront. She sucks as a character, and I really don't like the direction they're going with her and Homelander...and I don't mean the relationship.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame Stormfront. She sucks as a character, and I really don't like the direction they're going with her and Homelander...and I don't mean the relationship.
If she was hot, I could get that but she's not and not good in that part. I've never seen her before and she might be a good actress but she is not good in that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If she was hot, I could get that but she's not and not good in that part. I've never seen her before and she might be a good actress but she is not good in that.
I know I've seen her, but I don't remember where, so clearly I wasn't impressed.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a crew made up of people from different countries, whose priorities are different than each other's. The Chinese and Russian characters reflect the traits we Americans stereotypically expect.

So I am through ep 8 now, I wish I could say it gets better but it is just more of the same.It's very cliche. I like Sci-Fi but this is more about people, a lot of back stories on the characters. I get what they are trying to do, but it is boring for Sci-Fi fans. I am thinking this is going to end without them reaching Mars. Then Netflix is going to cancel it so I have a feeling I will have wasted 10 hours of my life watching season 1.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I am through ep 8 now, I wish I could say it gets better but it is just more of the same.It's very cliche. I like Sci-Fi but this is more about people, a lot of back stories on the characters. I get what they are trying to do, but it is boring for Sci-Fi fans. I am thinking this is going to end without them reaching Mars. Then Netflix is going to cancel it so I have a feeling I will have wasted 10 hours of my life watching season 1.
I agree, it's less sci-fi than drama, but I'm okay with that. Finish the season and risk the 2 hours being a waste...or don't. I don't know if whatever happens by season's end would change your mind, since they don't completely overhaul the formula. It's still mostly about interpersonal relationships, and that's probably going to be the focus for as long as the show runs. It's TV drama, but at least it's not yet another hospital or cop drama.