***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I threw this on the other night. It didn't seem too bad. Kind of your typical dumb comedy sitcom.

How do you like that 77 inch?? I just bought a 65" LG CX. Love it so far. I stared long and hard at the 77" but I just don't think it would fit in my entertainment center setup. lol Would have been awesome though. I would have to turn my head to look across the screen.

:laugh:
I dont know yet. Delivery is next Thursday. I am pumped for it. The family room i am putting it in is 14 x 18 so it will be a beast. I did look at the 82 inch sony qled. But the oled got so much better reviews I also looked at the 77 cx but I wanted the flush mount. 700 for a flush mount. Mercy me. I am nuts....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wandavision comment:

Kathryn Hahn is an excellent *evil* Agatha Harkness but this is the true villain of the story for me:

dEKcp7Q.png

I have not been this eager for a character to meet a horribly gory end since T.J. Miller's "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!" guy was chewed to death by the Cloverfield monster.

"We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times. Tried every type of power supply under the sun. When all we really needed was a little energy directly from the source."

I hate that guy. Yeah. I mean that using the actual definition. Hats off to Josh Stamberg.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the eighth episode of WandaVision and I can't wait for the finale next week. If you quit the show, I highly recommend giving it a second chance. Fellow viewers, watch the credits again.:thumbup:
Marvel Studios (and Disney) have exceed all my expectations. :clap:

I had already guessed the premise of the early episodes per Wanda but this episode may help early critics mentally assimilate the format at the series' start. Or maybe not. :muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coming to the end of season 1 of "For All Mankind" and I don't know if I have seen anything with this much drama. For a series set back in the space race, they cover a lot of issues that were decades in the shadows before we began discussing them. I keep telling myself "oh yeah, this is about space exploration". I am wondering what's left for season 2? Disenfranchised transgendered carnival barkers and the bearded lady becomes a central character?

I must say, Shantel VanSatten as the main female lead is a screen stealer of an actress. In fact, this might be the best female cast I've seen in anything. The acting in this is well above just about everything I've seen from the streamers.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wandavision comment:

Kathryn Hahn is an excellent *evil* Agatha Harkness but this is the true villain of the story for me:

dEKcp7Q.png

I have not been this eager for a character to meet a horribly gory end since T.J. Miller's "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!" guy was chewed to death by the Cloverfield monster.

"We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times. Tried every type of power supply under the sun. When all we really needed was a little energy directly from the source."

I hate that guy. Yeah. I mean that using the actual definition. Hats off to Josh Stamberg.
Agreed

Now when this new creation speaks and it's James Spader voice...:popcorn:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Marvel Studios (and Disney) have exceed all my expectations. :clap:

I had already guessed the premise of the early episodes per Wanda but this episode may help early critics mentally assimilate the format at the series' start. Or maybe not. :muttley:
It's become very clear why they stuck with the sitcom theme for so long...but I'm still not sure they had to make the episodes so corny. A few actually funny jokes would've gone a long way to making that more easily tolerated.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's become very clear why they stuck with the sitcom theme for so long...but I'm still not sure they had to make the episodes so corny. A few actually funny jokes would've gone a long way to making that more easily tolerated.
Yep, I checked out. Really bad writing and acting. That was like torture.

Whoever did that would have The Punisher playing Barney Fife for two episodes only Barney was funny.

Big_D

Reaction score
I just watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was weird and corny enough to keep me entertained through the rest of season. lol What I found fascinating was the 4 full minutes of credits with probably a thousand names +. You realize the scope of this production and think it should be better than it actually is. But still entertaining for 20 minutes and definitely different. I'll give them that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, I checked out. Really bad writing and acting. That was like torture.

Whoever did that would have The Punisher playing Barney Fife for two episodes only Barney was funny.
You guys do understand the corny/bad writing/acting was all intentional, right? :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You guys do understand the corny/bad writing/acting was all intentional, right? :p
Of course I realize that. I just don't know why it needed to be that bad.
The shows she watched as a kid were all classics, with some very funny stuff in them. If the intention was to mimic those shows, or even to simply be inspired by them, they should have had some humor in her episodes, IMO. [SPOILER/]

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course I realize that. I just don't know why it needed to be that bad.
The shows she watched as a kid were all classics, with some very funny stuff in them. If the intention was to mimic those shows, or even to simply be inspired by them, they should have had some humor in her episodes, IMO. [SPOILER/]
In my opinion, the classic sitcoms were never meant to be seen as mimicry. They were a coping mechanism for Wanda's mind to draw upon that submerged her grief and allowed a realized dream to come true.

I think the initial episodes could have been easily hilarious if the studio, director, writers and actors were all serious about making a comedy. The talent in front and behind the camera is clearly capable of doing so. Instead, the jumping from sitcom-to-sitcom format was a reflection of Wanda desperately trying to fill tons of artificial happiness into a fake dream come true world she unknowingly created.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In my opinion, the classic sitcoms were never meant to be seen as mimicry. They were a coping mechanism for Wanda's mind to draw upon that submerged her grief and allowed a realized dream to come true.

I think the initial episodes could have been easily hilarious if the studio, director, writers and actors were all serious about making a comedy. The talent in front and behind the camera is clearly capable of doing so. Instead, the jumping from sitcom-to-sitcom format was a reflection of Wanda desperately trying to fill tons of artificial happiness into a fake dream come true world she unknowingly created.
Yes, but they didn't need to be hard to watch. That's all I'm saying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had just the opposite reaction and enjoyed the heck out of it. Wife and kids all felt the same too.
I think I was expecting more and honestly don't know what I was expecting.

There is also mood to consider. I live in Central Texas and have been fuming and in a really bad mood and watching that didn't lighten the mood. I think watching "The Alamo" in a continuous loop might lift my spirits.

I may give it another shot but I am not a big comic book guy and really only want death and destruction and diabolical dirty deeds done right.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here is a warning. Don't watch "The Sinner" on Netflix. It is awful. The stories are just to far-fetched, the characters so unrealistic, and acting so bad it is hard to watch. Trust me on this.