***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Wandavision comment:

Kathryn Hahn is an excellent *evil* Agatha Harkness but this is the true villain of the story for me:

dEKcp7Q.png

I have not been this eager for a character to meet a horribly gory end since T.J. Miller's "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!" guy was chewed to death by the Cloverfield monster.

"We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times. Tried every type of power supply under the sun. When all we really needed was a little energy directly from the source."

I hate that guy. Yeah. I mean that using the actual definition. Hats off to Josh Stamberg.
I have to wonder if that guys new Vision powered super soldier may be the way they she can bring back Vision once and for all without being inside her town.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, makes it even worse and it was overdone.
Well, it could be argued producing the initial episodes as 'less worse' and 'underdone' would, in turn, make them better adapted representations of these situation comedies:

EdnvFyy.png

--and alter the entire series' plot as either a sit-com or a parody of key elements of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I say that while also emphasizing the MCU has successfully conveyed comedy on the big screen, with Guardians of the Galaxy as the best example in my opinion. However, Marvel Studios has used comedy in its adaptations as tools and not as its primary format.

I am not certain how a well-done situational comedy could have been made of the series. Yes, it would have made for more belly laughs. Elisabeth Olsen running around all episode long, dressed as Jeannie and Paul Bettany doing his best imitation of Major Nelson, could have been hilarious but how would any of that tied any conceivable series' plotline with either the characters or the greater MCU? After all, Disney and Marvel has long stated how their streaming content would fit seamlessly with their theatrical released material.

The well-done comedic episode alternative has me imagining what the final product would have been. Many folks already know my mind is weird. My imagination *sees* a Tim Burton/Batman type product, where the Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Monica Rambeau, etc., are showcased as parodies of the actual characters. Sure, I was a huge Batman fan when it was released but the comic book nerd in me took it in within Burton's context and not how the character was portrayed OUTSIDE of the nonsense seen in the 1960's television series, the 1950's-1970's Comics Code Authority enforcement, and Saturday morning ultra stiff Super Friends fare that preceded it.

I digress but my opinion differs on all the episodes shown thus far and has me hyped about the finale. For me, the best comics-based television series to date had been Agents Of SHIELD and there was a significant gap between it and anything I considered as second best. WandaVision was Marvel Studios' flagship targeted programming for Disney's streaming streaming service. It has blown me away but I do see why others see part or all of the series differently.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well, it could be argued producing the initial episodes as 'less worse' and 'underdone' would, in turn, make them better adapted representations of these situation comedies:

EdnvFyy.png

--and alter the entire series' plot as either a sit-com or a parody of key elements of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I say that while also emphasizing the MCU has successfully conveyed comedy on the big screen, with Guardians of the Galaxy as the best example in my opinion. However, Marvel Studios has used comedy in its adaptations as tools and not as its primary format.

I am not certain how a well-done situational comedy could have been made of the series. Yes, it would have made for more belly laughs. Elisabeth Olsen running around all episode long, dressed as Jeannie and Paul Bettany doing his best imitation of Major Nelson, could have been hilarious but how would any of that tied any conceivable series' plotline with either the characters or the greater MCU? After all, Disney and Marvel has long stated how their streaming content would fit seamlessly with their theatrical released material.

The well-done comedic episode alternative has me imagining what the final product would have been. Many folks already know my mind is weird. My imagination *sees* a Tim Burton/Batman type product, where the Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Monica Rambeau, etc., are showcased as parodies of the actual characters. Sure, I was a huge Batman fan when it was released but the comic book nerd in me took it in within Burton's context and not how the character was portrayed OUTSIDE of the nonsense seen in the 1960's television series, the 1950's-1970's Comics Code Authority enforcement, and Saturday morning ultra stiff Super Friends fare that preceded it.

I digress but my opinion differs on all the episodes shown thus far and has me hyped about the finale. For me, the best comics-based television series to date had been Agents Of SHIELD and there was a significant gap between it and anything I considered as second best. WandaVision was Marvel Studios' flagship targeted programming for Disney's streaming streaming service. It has blown me away but I do see why others see part or all of the series differently.

I really like "Agents" but the best comics based series for me was the Netflix Marvel shows, especially "Daredevil" They really did a great job of keeping that dark edge to the characters. It was a real shame the plug got pulled for those shows, was really looking forward to watching the characters and storylines develop.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

EdnvFyy.png

I personally think you're overthinking it. I don't see any reason why they couldn't have had some genuinely funny moments in the sitcom portions, without diminishing the actual story. In fact, the idea is that she was retreating into her childhood memories, and making it more like the shows she enjoyed would have made it more genuine, IMO. [SPOILER/]

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to wonder if that guys new Vision powered super soldier may be the way they she can bring back Vision once and for all without being inside her town.

I had that exact same idea. After some conflict, the ‘good Vision’ will somehow merge with his ‘bad Vision’ body.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like "Agents" but the best comics based series for me was the Netflix Marvel shows, especially "Daredevil" They really did a great job of keeping that dark edge to the characters. It was a real shame the plug got pulled for those shows, was really looking forward to watching the characters and storylines develop.
I cannot disagree since I had a brainfart and forgot about the Netflix series. My mind was focused on the broadcast network offerings.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally think you're overthinking it. I don't see any reason why they couldn't have had some genuinely funny moments in the sitcom portions, without diminishing the actual story. In fact, the idea is that she was retreating into her childhood memories, and making it more like the shows she enjoyed would have made it more genuine, IMO. [SPOILER/]
Saying I am overthinking it is ironic for me. I had already assumed too much thought self-concluded why the initial episodes were so 'poor'. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daredevil and The Punisher were right down the pipe for me. I lamented those two when Disney took over Marvel because they'll screw it up if they even attempt it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Daredevil and The Punisher were right down the pipe for me. I lamented those two when Disney took over Marvel because they'll screw it up if they even attempt it.

Was a Punisher comic book fan as a kid. Still have Punisher #1 (1986 or 1987 IIRC?) in storage somewhere; leaving that and a few others for my son.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a very real possibility but take comfort they are not Warner Bros/DC properties because that particular partnership has a way worse track record with comic book adaptations.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was a Punisher comic book fan as a kid. Still have Punisher #1 (1986 or 1987 IIRC?) in storage somewhere; leaving that and a few others for my son.
GoCollect.com assesses that issue's current fair market value at $575. Who knows just how much more it will be worth at auction? That is a great investment for your son. Not bad for an original cost of a buck twenty-five.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching The Big Bang Theory on HBO Max and have started watching Kingdom on Netflix. Love both of them.

Kingdom was pretty good, even with subtitles.

Along those lines, without the zombies, I watched the Age of the Samurai on Netflix. It is a docuseries about Japanese history from about 1550 to the early 1600s. I found it pretty interesting since I really had no previous knowledge of Japanese history.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That is a very real possibility but take comfort they are not Warner Bros/DC properties because that particular partnership has a way worse track record with comic book adaptations.

They've screwed the pooch. At least as far as the movies. The Snyder movies are horrid IMO and I have no idea why anyone is excited about the Justice League Snyder cut. WW was good but haven't watched the sequel. Aquaman was good enough to watch once. Nolan's Batman were good but not sure if they count in whatever cinematic universe they are trying to create. The Arrowverse has been enjoyable on TV though. Haven't watched Titans or any of those shows yet.

Hopefully if Disney/Marvel wants to do anything with the Netflix characters they bring in those actors and actresses but I'm not holding my breath.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They've screwed the pooch. At least as far as the movies. The Snyder movies are horrid IMO and I have no idea why anyone is excited about the Justice League Snyder cut. WW was good but haven't watched the sequel. Aquaman was good enough to watch once. Nolan's Batman were good but not sure if they count in whatever cinematic universe they are trying to create. The Arrowverse has been enjoyable on TV though. Haven't watched Titans or any of those shows yet.

Hopefully if Disney/Marvel wants to do anything with the Netflix characters they bring in those actors and actresses but I'm not holding my breath.
Don't bother with WW1984....no bueno

Agreed on DC.

I can watch the MCU anytime it's on TV. Just watched all Avenger movies again just because Age of Ultron was on and started watching it as I was cleaning the house. Seeing them now that we finished that phase makes you appreciate them more. They had a vision and carried it out wonderfully

I bet my son has seen Infinity War 50 times and he's 6. Loves it, understands it and keeps him interested everytime.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disclaimer: This is my own personal ranking of the DECU movies and are likely not shared by many others, especially here on CowboysZone :p :

Great
*zip!*

Good
Aquaman
Man of Steel
Wonder Woman

Fair
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Suicide Squad

Poor
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman 1984

Bad
I have not watched Shazam! yet

The Nolan films were pre-DCEU. In my opinion, Warner Bros/DC's biggest mistakes was not throwing the back and giving complete directorial (along with his agreed upon production) control to him, starting with Man of Steel.

I have gotten away from The Flash but I did like it better than anything else on The CW. You should try Titans. It is a touch whimsical but often real gritty in presentation. Trigon (Season 1) and Deathstroke (Season 2) have been the two big bads thus far. And I think The Doom Patrol is another good watch.

All the Netflix series had excellent casting, especially the title characters for each show. And I would include Iron Fist in that assessment too. I doubt there are many fans of those shows who will be happy if they return without the stars that made them great.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disclaimer: This is my own personal ranking of the DECU movies and are likely not shared by many others, especially here on CowboysZone :p :

Great
*zip!*

Good
Aquaman
Man of Steel
Wonder Woman

Fair
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Suicide Squad

Poor
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman 1984

Bad
I have not watched Shazam! yet

The Nolan films were pre-DCEU. In my opinion, Warner Bros/DC's biggest mistakes was not throwing the back and giving complete directorial (along with his agreed upon production) control to him, starting with Man of Steel.

I have gotten away from The Flash but I did like it better than anything else on The CW. You should try Titans. It is a touch whimsical but often real gritty in presentation. Trigon (Season 1) and Deathstroke (Season 2) have been the two big bads thus far. And I think The Doom Patrol is another good watch.

All the Netflix series had excellent casting, especially the title characters for each show. And I would include Iron Fist in that assessment too. I doubt there are many fans of those shows who will be happy if they return without the stars that made them great.
Shazam is probably the closest to being great.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal were perfect in those parts. I thought Thomas Jane did a good job in the film but Bernthal had that storm inside of him and I could see it churning every time I looked at him.