Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Welcome enjoy.

I would like to see us draft a QB.....

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Welsome to the zone --as for the backup qb --anything is better then nothing- which is where we are at:)

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Ryan Leaf just resigned as West Texas AM's QB Coach. Maybe he will be available :eek:

Hailmary

Reaction score
My vote goes to Losman. Starter experience and mobile.

I doubt the Bills will resign him when they Edwards...

I also wouldn't mind Rex Grossman. He's awful as a starter, but I think I can live w/ him as a backup.

They are both young too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2406534 said:
Ryan Leaf just resigned as West Texas AM's QB Coach. Maybe he will be available :eek:
He got popped for drugs. Maybe he wants to give the NFL another shot?

williamson555

Reaction score
lol....I'm thinking the draft is probabaly the best answer

Losman, he just doesnt seem like a good backup in terms of personality.

williamson555

Reaction score
some people just don't get it....

at this point in time, I'm sure he has a problem....

wish him the best....

he was so freakin good in college

goes to show you, its more then athletic ability.....

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Garcia would be the best one, but may want to be a starter or demand high money.

Not on that list is John Kitna, who I think would be perfect here. He had some very good games on a bad team. He would certainly be capapble of being our back up and there were rumors that we wanted him before the trade deadline.

But, what we really need is a true, 350 lb Nosetackle. Someone who can fill up the middle and stop teams from running the ball the length of the field on key drives.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unforgiven;2406786 said:
Garcia would be the best one, but may want to be a starter or demand high money.

Not on that list is John Kitna, who I think would be perfect here. He had some very good games on a bad team. He would certainly be capapble of being our back up and there were rumors that we wanted him before the trade deadline.

But, what we really need is a true, 350 lb Nosetackle. Someone who can fill up the middle and stop teams from running the ball the length of the field on key drives.

We had one, and we got a 6th round pick for him :(

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
williamson555;2406500 said:
Anybody have a listing of all the FA QB's this coming year?

Does it really matter? Watch out for Testeverde, Bledsoe, and even resigning Brad Johnson.....any other QB's over the age of 85 that can throw a check down pass?

With the likes of TO & RW, it shouldn't matter who the QB is, right?

:confused: on QB's

Section446

Reaction score
Hailmary;2406551 said:
My vote goes to Losman. Starter experience and mobile.

I doubt the Bills will resign him when they Edwards...

I also wouldn't mind Rex Grossman. He's awful as a starter, but I think I can live w/ him as a backup.

They are both young too.
Losman would be a great fit for the Cowboys, he no doubt has the freaking cannon for the job.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cbz40;2406503 said:
Welcome enjoy.

I would like to see us draft a QB.....

Same here.

But after watching Cassel play, I wouldn't mind bringing him in if NE lets him go, they drafted O'Connell to be Brady's backup. He's not terrific but considering he's been coached by one of the best, behind one of the best, on one of the best teams ever, I'd say he's got some potential. He's playing pretty well for a guy that's barely played since highschool.

silver

Reaction score
I would go with a young develomental type and have BB and another vet battle for the 2nd spot. This of course with BJ being retired.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I think that Garcia, Kitna, or possibly Bollinger could fit the mold well. We need someone similar to Romo in style. You don't replace a Corvette with an F-150. But a Mustang could hold it's own.

I agree with the poster that commented about getting a real Nose Tackle. After the season, regardless of how it turns out, Tank is gone (FA), Spears needs to go, Ratliff needs to take Spears spot, and we need to either draft, sign, or trade for a big, 350 lb run stopping lug who can take up two blockers, better allowing our LBers to get clean shots.