Offseason Running Smoothly and Effectively. Team Shaping Up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Chuck 54, Mar 15, 2019.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,098 Messages
    11,266 Likes Received
    I know we wont draft a QB. That would be stupid.

2. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,242 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    You base that on what exactly?

3. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

3,272 Messages
    3,346 Likes Received
    Maybe, but it also sounds like another season of unhappiness for you too!

4. Noclaf

Noclaf Well-Known Member

657 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Op drugs are bad

5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,098 Messages
    11,266 Likes Received
    We do have a very good young. But no, Taco sucks. Probably the worst first round DE prospect I have seen in a long time.
    Frame? LOL He will never develop into anything.

Hopefully he develops moves? Whatever.

6. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

1,333 Messages
    2,251 Likes Received
    2 out of 3 NFC Championships? You mean NFC East? Quick get me some lube.

7. DRella

DRella Active Member

130 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    People need to relax. Lawrence will be signed long term prior to July. Cowboys know his importance to next season. They will not delay his surgery and he will be prime to go for the start of camp. Its all part of the chess game.

8. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,584 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    Not to mention drafting rarely helps you now, it's for the future

Zekes window is closing

9. Dustincoelho

Dustincoelho New Member

3 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I actually do think this has been a good offseason. So when we lost to the Rams, every analyst was saying that it was still a good season for the Cowboys and that they have a top 5 roster in the nfl, and arguably the best young roster in the NFL.

So to this top 5 roster we have added on offence an Impact elite Centre (Frederick), and an old but reliable tight end which was sorely needed, we lost Beas but I think we will be okay without him as I don't think he was going to be a priority in the offence they are planning on running. Still a good layer to lost but I think we can find a replacement.

On Defence we added a good DT option to compete for a starting position.

Not to mention on offence, the line should not only be better from Freddy returning but also Connor Williams should improve. Also Gallup should improve with a full offseason, I think he is going to be a great number 2 receiver.

On Defense LVE, Jaylon Smith, Chidobe, Woods, Taco among others should also be better. Not to mention adding players through the draft.

So someone explain to me how everyone is picking the Eagles to win the division, or how analysts are now almost backtracking and all of a sudden, with the improvements and another season for our young player, we have regressed? Makes no sense, this top 5 roster in the nfl will be a better team next season.

I feel what everyone is feeling, we have a great team but with the cap space we all want players added to help push us over the edge, so its frustrating when we feel we have a championship window but our front office isn't adding any significant pieces to this roster via free agency. There is still some Strong Safety upgrades over Heath available in free agency, as well as possible D lineman they COULD go after, but odds are they won't. I am hoping for a few pieces to be added still.

10. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,093 Messages
    23,998 Likes Received
    This thread is putting lipstick on a pig

11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    3,934 Likes Received

Tank most likely out till week 10-11 because of stupidly of FO. Gregory might be out all season. Irving gone. Wilson gone. Beez gone. Jones might be gone. Taco a full time starter? That's as laughable as Heath being one. They wouldn't be practice team worthy on good deep teams. FO has lost on at least two guys they were trying to get, and that's only the ones we know about. Wake up bro.

12. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    No unhappiness, watching the Jones boys make a fool of themselves again and again makes the total yearly overall package enjoyable and knowing the results will be the same as the last 23 years is the likely outcome next season. So win or lose it is enjoyable and entertainment value great,what the FO clowns do should not have any impact on your life, you should feel that way too.

13. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

828 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Lmao

14. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

828 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Pause lmao

15. DRella

DRella Active Member

130 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Simple. The hate for the Cowboys amongst media types. Essentially we are labelled America's team and is an easy target to put hate on. Pair that with Jerry Jones, and voila you have the Eagles winning the East.

Its ok better to be underrated.

16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

51,539 Messages
    49,272 Likes Received
  17. DRella

DRella Active Member

130 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Remember when the Eagles have the next coming of Tom Brady at QB with Wentz!!!! lmao.

Wow they are in for a huge disappointment when they go out and sign Bortles as the backup and hes playing by week 4, all the while Foles is ripping it up in Jacksonville.

Its going to awesome

18. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,832 Messages
    6,848 Likes Received
    Just the elimination of Linehan changes everything for us.

Sacks go down, interceptions go down, keeping games close into the 4th Qt stops..

that right there helps the defense so they do not have to shutout teams every week..

my only asterick is that we always seem to take a step back after a good season.

So I am expecting a struggle with a tougher shedule.

But overall..my hopes are pointing up.

I wish we could figure out the Garrett situation.

Does he succeed and stay as lose and leave.?

Biggest question of 2019.

19. AshyLarry06

AshyLarry06 Active Member

213 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    3rd Lb'er??? Are you forgetting Sean Lee?

20. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

296 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    What good DE's are still available in FA? Hopefully, there will be some additional roster moves around the league that may make a couple of guys we need available... hopefully. I'd love to pick up a strong safety (a couple short term guys still available), a DE and another DT. I believe our DL is still in need of help.