Offseason Running Smoothly and Effectively. Team Shaping Up

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We won’t draft a QB. That would be stupid when we drafted one last year. You have to give him at least two years. I didn’t gloss over TE. If there’s a stud there inthe draft, we may jump. I simply said the TE position, like WR and OL, is better going into this wpseason than it was going into last season when we all knew out TE and WR positi9ns were garbage. And I focused DT and S as positions that are going to be emphasized in the draft.

I know we wont draft a QB. That would be stupid.

ESisback

Reaction score
Best way to build a team, draft for need, In Free agency ignore upgrades. Delude yourself your players are all Elite and really improving so no need to worry. If you believe what is in your post you will be disappointed yet again next year this time.

Maybe, but it also sounds like another season of unhappiness for you too!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everything is fine. We have a very good young team. They did well last year.

Taco is going to step up. He is developing. It is hard to get sacks when you are not on the field in those situations. The fact that he hasn't been on the field like a first round pick usually is, shows how well the cowboys did with other picks. Tank was a first round pick and Gregory should have been. He might not take over the league, but don't count him out. I still like his frame more than dlaw and Gregory. I think he might turn into a monster after a few more years. Hopefully he develops moves as well

Our team is full of impact players that were not first rounders.

We do have a very good young. But no, Taco sucks. Probably the worst first round DE prospect I have seen in a long time.
Frame? LOL He will never develop into anything.

Hopefully he develops moves? Whatever.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This guy isn’t even a fan. You’re a joke lol you think the team sucks you’re either in fantasy land or you think 2 out of 3 NFC championships and 3 straight winning seasons is terrible. Either way you’re the goof here

2 out of 3 NFC Championships? You mean NFC East? Quick get me some lube.

DRella

Reaction score
People need to relax. Lawrence will be signed long term prior to July. Cowboys know his importance to next season. They will not delay his surgery and he will be prime to go for the start of camp. Its all part of the chess game.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
This is a sickening post. We aren’t shaping up at all. We have lost our best slot receiver, our best DT quit the league, our best pass rusher is holding out and feels disrespected, our second best pass rusher is suspended, our starting SLB is gone and Jeff Heath is still our starting SS.

We’ve added a depth DT and a 37 year old TE that didn’t play last season.

We’d better have an awesome draft, somehow, without a first round pick.
Not to mention drafting rarely helps you now, it's for the future

Zekes window is closing

Dustincoelho

Reaction score
I actually do think this has been a good offseason. So when we lost to the Rams, every analyst was saying that it was still a good season for the Cowboys and that they have a top 5 roster in the nfl, and arguably the best young roster in the NFL.

So to this top 5 roster we have added on offence an Impact elite Centre (Frederick), and an old but reliable tight end which was sorely needed, we lost Beas but I think we will be okay without him as I don't think he was going to be a priority in the offence they are planning on running. Still a good layer to lost but I think we can find a replacement.

On Defence we added a good DT option to compete for a starting position.

Not to mention on offence, the line should not only be better from Freddy returning but also Connor Williams should improve. Also Gallup should improve with a full offseason, I think he is going to be a great number 2 receiver.

On Defense LVE, Jaylon Smith, Chidobe, Woods, Taco among others should also be better. Not to mention adding players through the draft.

So someone explain to me how everyone is picking the Eagles to win the division, or how analysts are now almost backtracking and all of a sudden, with the improvements and another season for our young player, we have regressed? Makes no sense, this top 5 roster in the nfl will be a better team next season.

I feel what everyone is feeling, we have a great team but with the cap space we all want players added to help push us over the edge, so its frustrating when we feel we have a championship window but our front office isn't adding any significant pieces to this roster via free agency. There is still some Strong Safety upgrades over Heath available in free agency, as well as possible D lineman they COULD go after, but odds are they won't. I am hoping for a few pieces to be added still.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is a sickening post. We aren’t shaping up at all. We have lost our best slot receiver, our best DT quit the league, our best pass rusher is holding out and feels disrespected, our second best pass rusher is suspended, our starting SLB is gone and Jeff Heath is still our starting SS.

We’ve added a depth DT and a 37 year old TE that didn’t play last season.

We’d better have an awesome draft, somehow, without a first round pick.
This thread is putting lipstick on a pig

coult44

Reaction score
Despite all the clamoring for a huge payout to an aging safety, wr, or DL, look at where we are.

The offense is now set to be better than what it was going into last season.
  • O-Line...Williams stronger and experienced in 2nd year; Fleming in second year in system; Frederick returns, improving center and backup across interior; offseason and full season with the right coach...Columbo.
  • WR...Cooper gets a full camp in system and with Dak while coaches plan around him; Austin second year in system; Gallup with a year’s experience and strength; Wilson returns in 2nd year.
  • TE...young guys have a year of experience and Schultz has first full offseason of work. Witten is old, but he still knows how to get open, is reliable, cannot be covered by a LB, and will probably lean more to coaching the youngsters than ever before.
  • RB...we have the stud and I’ll be shocked if we don’t add one in next wave of free agency, the draft, or a veteran cut after draft
We will still go best player available most of the time, but the emphasis will be on defense in the draft.
  • DE...D-Law, Taco, maybe Gregory...Armstrong will be stronger and more confident in second year. Crawford can start or rotate at RDE.
  • DT....Woods, Collins, Crawford, Ross.
  • LB...Smith continues to improve in every way. LVE will be stronger and better in 2nd year. Lee will be rationed and used in impactful situations...best 3rd guy in years. We know Thomas can play, and Covington/March-Lillard gets chance to earn a spot.
  • CB....Jones in second year at position in system...look for more confidence and picks. Awuzie continues to grow and improve. Brown and Lewis both very good in slot.
  • S....Heath is Heath...not our best, but he won’t be worse than he was. Woods in second year as a starter and in Richards secondary will be better.
We may still look at free agency, but I think moreso at RB or camp bodies or competition.
Draft will focus on the two deepest positions, safety and DL.

I’m excited about the draft.
Round 2– DT/S
Round 3–S/DT
Round 4–RB/DL
Round 5–WR/DB
Rest—Round out the roster...OL, LB, Special Teams

Tank most likely out till week 10-11 because of stupidly of FO. Gregory might be out all season. Irving gone. Wilson gone. Beez gone. Jones might be gone. Taco a full time starter? That's as laughable as Heath being one. They wouldn't be practice team worthy on good deep teams. FO has lost on at least two guys they were trying to get, and that's only the ones we know about. Wake up bro.

Brax

Reaction score
Maybe, but it also sounds like another season of unhappiness for you too!
No unhappiness, watching the Jones boys make a fool of themselves again and again makes the total yearly overall package enjoyable and knowing the results will be the same as the last 23 years is the likely outcome next season. So win or lose it is enjoyable and entertainment value great,what the FO clowns do should not have any impact on your life, you should feel that way too.

DRella

Reaction score
I actually do think this has been a good offseason. So when we lost to the Rams, every analyst was saying that it was still a good season for the Cowboys and that they have a top 5 roster in the nfl, and arguably the best young roster in the NFL.

So to this top 5 roster we have added on offence an Impact elite Centre (Frederick), and an old but reliable tight end which was sorely needed, we lost Beas but I think we will be okay without him as I don't think he was going to be a priority in the offence they are planning on running. Still a good layer to lost but I think we can find a replacement.

On Defence we added a good DT option to compete for a starting position.

Not to mention on offence, the line should not only be better from Freddy returning but also Connor Williams should improve. Also Gallup should improve with a full offseason, I think he is going to be a great number 2 receiver.

On Defense LVE, Jaylon Smith, Chidobe, Woods, Taco among others should also be better. Not to mention adding players through the draft.

So someone explain to me how everyone is picking the Eagles to win the division, or how analysts are now almost backtracking and all of a sudden, with the improvements and another season for our young player, we have regressed? Makes no sense, this top 5 roster in the nfl will be a better team next season.

I feel what everyone is feeling, we have a great team but with the cap space we all want players added to help push us over the edge, so its frustrating when we feel we have a championship window but our front office isn't adding any significant pieces to this roster via free agency. There is still some Strong Safety upgrades over Heath available in free agency, as well as possible D lineman they COULD go after, but odds are they won't. I am hoping for a few pieces to be added still.

Simple. The hate for the Cowboys amongst media types. Essentially we are labelled America's team and is an easy target to put hate on. Pair that with Jerry Jones, and voila you have the Eagles winning the East.

Its ok better to be underrated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

DRella

Reaction score
Remember when the Eagles have the next coming of Tom Brady at QB with Wentz!!!! lmao.

Wow they are in for a huge disappointment when they go out and sign Bortles as the backup and hes playing by week 4, all the while Foles is ripping it up in Jacksonville.

Its going to awesome

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Despite all the clamoring for a huge payout to an aging safety, wr, or DL, look at where we are.

The offense is now set to be better than what it was going into last season.
  • O-Line...Williams stronger and experienced in 2nd year; Fleming in second year in system; Frederick returns, improving center and backup across interior; offseason and full season with the right coach...Columbo.
  • WR...Cooper gets a full camp in system and with Dak while coaches plan around him; Austin second year in system; Gallup with a year’s experience and strength; Wilson returns in 2nd year.
  • TE...young guys have a year of experience and Schultz has first full offseason of work. Witten is old, but he still knows how to get open, is reliable, cannot be covered by a LB, and will probably lean more to coaching the youngsters than ever before.
  • RB...we have the stud and I’ll be shocked if we don’t add one in next wave of free agency, the draft, or a veteran cut after draft
We will still go best player available most of the time, but the emphasis will be on defense in the draft.
  • DE...D-Law, Taco, maybe Gregory...Armstrong will be stronger and more confident in second year. Crawford can start or rotate at RDE.
  • DT....Woods, Collins, Crawford, Ross.
  • LB...Smith continues to improve in every way. LVE will be stronger and better in 2nd year. Lee will be rationed and used in impactful situations...best 3rd guy in years. We know Thomas can play, and Covington/March-Lillard gets chance to earn a spot.
  • CB....Jones in second year at position in system...look for more confidence and picks. Awuzie continues to grow and improve. Brown and Lewis both very good in slot.
  • S....Heath is Heath...not our best, but he won’t be worse than he was. Woods in second year as a starter and in Richards secondary will be better.
We may still look at free agency, but I think moreso at RB or camp bodies or competition.
Draft will focus on the two deepest positions, safety and DL.

I’m excited about the draft.
Round 2– DT/S
Round 3–S/DT
Round 4–RB/DL
Round 5–WR/DB
Rest—Round out the roster...OL, LB, Special Teams
Just the elimination of Linehan changes everything for us.

Sacks go down, interceptions go down, keeping games close into the 4th Qt stops..

that right there helps the defense so they do not have to shutout teams every week..

my only asterick is that we always seem to take a step back after a good season.

So I am expecting a struggle with a tougher shedule.

But overall..my hopes are pointing up.

I wish we could figure out the Garrett situation.

Does he succeed and stay as lose and leave.?

Biggest question of 2019.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Nobody wants to hear this type of nonsense right now where some guy comes in and says everything is just fine. LOL

You glossed over TE, backup RB, DT, safety, 3rd lber, DE (no gregory). And lets be honest here, we really don't have a quality backup QB either.

Im sure the FO will fill most of these with bargain basement scrubs like they always do. The draft we really have ONE shot to get a guy of impact and thats with the 2nd rounder. Will they reach and blow it? I personally dont have a lot of confidence. After taking the horrid Taco last year, by confidence in them is blown.

3rd Lb'er??? Are you forgetting Sean Lee?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What good DE's are still available in FA? Hopefully, there will be some additional roster moves around the league that may make a couple of guys we need available... hopefully. I'd love to pick up a strong safety (a couple short term guys still available), a DE and another DT. I believe our DL is still in need of help.