Twitter: OG Marcus Martin To Visit Cowboys

waldoputty

Reaction score
LOL.

Still some good OGs on the market.

But we look at this guy. You just have to laugh.

Christ, bring back Cooper. He’s much better.

i think this is for loonie - he played C and G in college.
the best thing going for him was jim kelley got rid of him in SF during his rookie contract.
he did not play at all for the browns last year as their starters played.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Considering the amount of cap space the Browns have I am going to have to guess he is not even good enough to maintain a roster spot on a winless team.

Everyone was saying the say thing when we signed Johnathan Cooper after we signed him from the Browns. Signed him for minimum and that worked out great for us.

Fact is everyone posting here doesnt know anything about him.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I’m going to laugh my *** off if he goes to visit the lions first and shuns the Cowboys.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Everyone was saying the say thing when we signed Johnathan Cooper after we signed him from the Browns. Signed him for minimum and that worked out great for us.

Fact is everyone posting here doesnt know anything about him.

If Cooper was such a great signing then why are we still looking for a Guard?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could see it for depth....but starter?

just bring Cooper back...he knows the offense.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He apparently played a lot as C for SF. Kelley cut him. Never played a down last year for Browns. That is a lot of starts for SF even if he did not do well in 1st 2 years.

This article ripped him to shreds
https://www.ninersnation.com/2016/7...martin-offensive-line-preview-roster-90-in-90

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/8/14835714/49ers-waive-center-marcus-martin
  • 2014 overall grade: 39.0 (37th of 41 centers)
  • 2015: 34.5 (38/40) (dead last in run block grade)
  • 2016: 39.1 (not enough snaps to qualify for rankings)
  • In 26 career games he only has one game with an overall positive grade
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Waive-C-Marcus-Martin/2881c15d-3b9b-48e0-a472-55bf7dedd3ce

Martin (6-3, 321) was the first of the 49ers three, third-round draft picks (70th overall) in the 2014 NFL Draft from the University of Southern California. He appeared in 26 games (24 starts) on the offensive line in three seasons with the team. Last season, he played in five games (two starts) before being placed on the Injured Reserve List on December 31, 2016.

A 23-year-old native of Los Angeles, CA, Martin played in 38 games (33 starts) over three seasons with the Trojans (2011-13). In his final year at USC in 2013, he earned First-Team All-Pac-12 honors and was selected the Trojans Offensive Lineman of the Year.

RamziD

Reaction score
I doubt this is for depth. If we sign him, we're not going after another OG in FA, and we won't pick one up in the draft until the 4th at the earliest.

Carson

Reaction score
We will sign him. People will say it’s ok, he’s depth! Then good ol Jerry will come out and say he’s our future LG!!!

Crap, on top of crap folks.

Our big free agent signing

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LOL.

Still some good OGs on the market.

But we look at this guy. You just have to laugh.

Christ, bring back Cooper. He’s much better.
These guards just want too darn much money.