Twitter: OG Su'a Filo

CB61

Reaction score

Connor Williams has made that play All Season long the only problem is when he wraps the arm around he hangs on to the guy instead of throwing him down which is suggesting a lack of strength that sua filo definitely brings to the table and exactly why sua filo should be the starting left guard until Williams is ready and that's going to take a while building that strength

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I thought Su'a-Filo did a good job out there, he has more starting experience than Conner and was a 2nd rd pick coming out of college. From what I have seen thus far I think Conner just needs to hit the weight room this off season and pack on some weight if he is to stay at Guard.

Kage

Reaction score
Is that technically a block in the back?

Don't get me wrong, love the play! I'm just genuinely curious.

CB61

Reaction score
I record every game I have not been able to go back and watch very much of any of the games except I watch that play where sua filo just put grahm right on the ground, I don't see Connor Williams being able to do that anytime soon as long as sua filo keeps playing solid like he did in the Eagles game I don't know why you would want to change that out especially the way Smith came out of his shell with a competent guard next to him, a lot of people including myself on here hit wonder if having a rookie next to him has affected Smith I think we now see some of that answer anyway and I said some of the answer not all of it but I can't imagine why we would put Williams back in there until sua filo proves otherwise

CB61

Reaction score
Is that technically a block in the back?

Don't get me wrong, love the play! I'm just genuinely curious.
I don't think so because he took him and threw him down which is legal he really jjust used grams leverage against him

CB61

Reaction score
I don't think so because he took him and threw him down which is legal he really jjust used grams leverage against him
But then again it wouldn't have surprised me if they did throw a flag on us that's about the norm although that happened pretty fast

SackMaster

Reaction score
That was awesome.

Although, the way penalties were called, I'm a bit surprised he was not called for a "Block in the Back" on that play.

In any case, if Football does not work out long term for him, he can use that as a finishing move in the WWE.
:laugh:

kevm3

Reaction score
If they put williams back this week they should be fired. No wonder dak us getting jittery. Iys clear connor doesnt yet have consistent nfl strength

EST_1986

Reaction score
Only think that sucks about the play is the guy being thrown down wasn’t named Michael Bennett

blueblood70

Reaction score
He got beat by a speed rush that didn't make it past his outside shoulder? On a WR screen pass where you are suppose to let him through and block downfield? Do you know how silly that sounds?
he actually used the dlinemens tee off, pinned back, full forward lean, full out rush momentum against him and thats great technique..