Ogbah traded to Chiefs

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
George Iloka > Jeff Heath

Robert Quinn > Emmanuel Ogbah

I like what the Cowboys did last week more than what the Chiefs and Browns just did.
I don't disagree although Ogbah's age and cost maybe more value than Quinn.

My point is that Heath doesn't have Eric Murray's trade value.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I miss all the good Ogbah ruing?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I would trade Heath for slightly used goal post wind markers.
:laugh:. Heck I'd trade him for one of those orange cone road markers. Maybe we could get both wind markers and orange cones. Tie the wind marker to his ankle and put the cone on his head and watch him run with the wind markers flapping in the breeze!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As far as rushing the passer goes we have several guys that could get the 3-5 sacks that Ogbah gets. None of them, or Ogbah, would come anything close to filling Tank's shoes though.
Who? Name names. Who we got at LDE better than Ogbah?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who? Name names. Who we got at LDE better than Ogbah?

Crawford can easily get 3-5 sacks. I'm confident that if Taco were an every game starter he could get 3-5 sacks (he got 3 playing sparingly as a rookie). I imagine Armstrong could get 3-5 sacks if playing regularly, although he probably wouldn't be much of an anchor against the run.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Crawford can easily get 3-5 sacks. I'm confident that if Taco were an every game starter he could get 3-5 sacks (he got 3 playing sparingly as a rookie). I imagine Armstrong could get 3-5 sacks if playing regularly, although he probably wouldn't be much of an anchor against the run.
3-5 sacks is low bar. I would expect more than that from even Ogbah had we acquired his services. With that said, the Cowboys players you just named, hope to aspire to 3-5 sacks in 2019. That's not good enough.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3-5 sacks is low bar. I would expect more than that from even Ogbah had we acquired his services. With that said, the Cowboys players you just named, hope to aspire to 3-5 sacks in 2019. That's not good enough.

3-5 sacks is what he has traditionally done. Maybe it would be different with the Cowboys, but I don't really know why.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
3-5 sacks is what he has traditionally done. Maybe it would be different with the Cowboys, but I don't really know why.
Oh so it's about tradition now? I guess you think those Cowboys players you named are just complying with "tradition" to meet your low bar. We can do without tradition like that. It's not good enough. Getting more from the players is on the coaches. You don't think ours can do that?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh so it's about tradition now? I guess you think those Cowboys players you named are just complying with "tradition" to meet your low bar. We can do without tradition like that. It's not good enough. Getting more from the players is on the coaches. You don't think ours can do that?

Are you saying historical production is meaningless? That's it's reasonable to simply expect a guy who has year produced within a certain range year after year to dramatically increase his production even though his playing time would remain about the same?

Great! If it works that way then we can expect 10 sacks from Tyrone Crawford next year, and we don't need Ogbah anyway.