Oklahoma City Thunder Off Season Discussion Thread

Verdict

Reaction score
I am curious what you guys think about this off season for the OKC Thunder. I think this off season will be critical, because several dominoes will likely fall in a few years as the core players (SGA, JDub, Chet) start making mega money which is going to change the dynamic considerably.

Right now the team has roster flexibility and some bench depth, which tends to get depleted as teams make their “run”.

I see Giddey as the odd man out, and in fact I can’t wait to see him go. But the Thunder need more interior presence going forward.

Presti made a HORRIBLE move at the trade deadline to allow Dallas to get Gafford for their run in return for a trade swap that may never convey.

Presti must really be sour on this draft class, at the lower end of round 1 since he pushed all the picks he could into the future.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am curious what you guys think about this off season for the OKC Thunder. I think this off season will be critical, because several dominoes will likely fall in a few years as the core players (SGA, JDub, Chet) start making mega money which is going to change the dynamic considerably.

Right now the team has roster flexibility and some bench depth, which tends to get depleted as teams make their “run”.

I see Giddey as the odd man out, and in fact I can’t wait to see him go. But the Thunder need more interior presence going forward.

Presti made a HORRIBLE move at the trade deadline to allow Dallas to get Gafford for their run in return for a trade swap that may never convey.

Presti must really be sour on this draft class, at the lower end of round 1 since he pushed all the picks he could into the future.
I think they should trade SGA to the Spurs. :laugh: Seriously, things are looking up for OKC. Being a Spurs fan I look forward to Chet’s and Wemby’s battles. They’re both excellent players.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think they should trade SGA to the Spurs. :laugh: Seriously, things are looking up for OKC. Being a Spurs fan I look forward to Chet’s and Wemby’s battles. They’re both excellent players.
That should be an epic storyline going forward.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I agree that Giddey could be the odd man out. He is a good player, but I dont know if he is a fit for you guys. At least as far as fielding a championship caliber roster. Not a good defender and needs the ball. He should have some good trade value though.

I also dont think you need a top 3 scorer. I think you have that covered. Get a guy that brings alot of utility and can score a bit. Wendell Carter is a guy that makes sense for you guys imo. Outstanding defensive 5, can be the on the court with Chet, and is an adequate outside shooter

Verdict

Reaction score
The thought seems to be that Presti will be looking to add a 4 that can run and shoot and keep Chet at the 5. I think we also need a back up to Chet at the 5 and/or who can play along with Chet. Thats easier said than done

I think it was idiotic of Presti to gift the Mavs the pick to trade for Gafford. The Mavs are a different than with Gafford. Adding Lively also was a good move for the Mavs.

I think Gafford was the difference in winning and losing vs the Mavs in the playoffs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They need to get another big and learn some sets beyond 5 out.
They are loaded with great young talent and have a ton of assets but can't fall in love with regular season basketball.

No reason they can't be a top 5 team for a long time.

Verdict

Reaction score
They are loaded with great young talent and have a ton of assets but can't fall in love with regular season basketball.

What do you think about Coach D? I have mixed feelings about him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They are in a real good place to where they can get to the 2nd round of the playoffs while still being a work in progress. I think there is powerhouse potential if they make the right moves