Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown has surgery for LisFranc injury

Verdammung

Reaction score
An interesting point I saw on twitter (I think it was Mark Jarvis), at what point are you willing to draft a severely undersized speed receiver coming off injury with no 40 yard dash time to verify his speed?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
An interesting point I saw on twitter (I think it was Mark Jarvis), at what point are you willing to draft a severely undersized speed receiver coming off injury with no 40 yard dash time to verify his speed?
Only recent example of a similar case is Corey Davis of the Titans, who couldn't work out and he went sixth.

But he had an ankle injury, not a LisFranc, which is a little more of a big deal.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Only recent example of a similar case is Corey Davis of the Titans, who couldn't work out and he went sixth.

But he had an ankle injury, not a LisFranc, which is a little more of a big deal.

The problem with that comparison is that Corey Davis is a 6'3 200+ pound receiver; if he had ran a fourty as slow as 4.60, it wouldn't have mattered that much. Marquise Brown is listed at 5'10 168 pounds; his only selling point is his speed. At 168 pounds, anything slower than a 4.30 flat would be a disappointment to me. We all expect he would run a sub 4.40, but what if he's slower than that?

Plankton

Reaction score
For a guy whose game is predicated on his ability to explode in and out of his breaks, this injury could be a career wrecker.

cowboyec

Reaction score
58 if our DTs are off the board.

DanA

Reaction score
This surely takes him out of the first round and puts him as a pick 40-150 target. This type of injury is the type that lingers and can lead to other issues.

Macnalty

Reaction score
For a guy whose game is predicated on his ability to explode in and out of his breaks, this injury could be a career wrecker.
I agree this would be a huge reach at first glance. Sean Lee got his first start over Keith Brookings who developed this injury 2009. I looked it up.
this isn't an uncommon injury in the NFL. Here's a sample of guys who've had it in the recent past:
  • Matt Schaub
  • Le'Veon Bell
  • Jake Locker
  • Morgan Moses (his rookie year was also ended by one)
  • Maurice Jones-Drew
  • Santonio Holmes
  • Jimmy Smith Dallas cowboy who we could never make productive
  • Dwight Freeney

Some guys, like Bell and Freeney, emerged from the injury and continued to improve. But others, like Locker and Holmes, had major difficulty coming back from it.