OL = Fail

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I put this loss on the OL. They failed on so many levels. Poor pass protection, average at best run blocking, stupid and untimely penalties. This could arguably be considered the most talented position on the team and yet the past 3 weeks have looked average or worse. It's to the point that Romo is gun shy back there. 20+ knockdowns is inexcusable no matter what the talent is.

Here's hoping that object on the horizon is not an iceberg.

khiladi

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Kosier, and everything to do with the one-trick pony that is Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett is freaking clueless when it comes to game-time adjustments. The defense is dropping their coverage way back and our OC has his WRs running vertical routes right into the heart of th defense, putting plenty of pressure on both the OL and Romo to make a play.

Even Zorn learns to shorted routes when Jason Campbell was sacked twice against us. How many times have you seen Jason Garrett shorten the passing game with quick slants?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Our tackles looked AWFUL. But I don't think Tony helped them out as much today as he has in the past. He held onto the ball a couple of times and didn't seem to have the presence he normally has.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
khiladi;2331203 said:
This has nothing to do with Kosier, and everything to do with the one-trick pony that is Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett is freaking clueless when it comes to game-time adjustments. The defense is dropping their coverage way back and our OC has his WRs running vertical routes right into the heart of th defense, putting plenty of pressure on both the OL and Romo to make a play.

Even Zorn learns to shorted routes when Jason Campbell was sacked twice against us. How many times have you seen Jason Garrett shorten the passing game with quick slants?

I'm buying some of what you're selling. I can count on one hand the number of slants this team has run in the last three weeks.

newlander

Reaction score
Khiladi gets the CIGAR. He schemed beautifully against Philly and we executed his scheme: short slants, dumpoffs, wheel routes, defense came up in the box: BOOM, Romo hit TO over the top. Seems like years ago.............

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2331203 said:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

I was freaking wonder why they kept sending TO on vertical routes when they would rotate the safety over and play press at the LoS....where the **** are the crossing routes and slants and ****.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
When the QB gets knocked down 19 times, the OLINE played absoultely horrible.

Romo had NO TIME to throw whatsoever, just pathetic oline play.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Getting knocked down over half your attempts will wear out your main man.

The OL played like absolute **** and I'm looking at you Flo... just a horrible job.