Old fans, unite!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
"Some might say it was just a catch, but pro football hasn't been the same since."

"It's deja Vu all over again."

To this day, Pat Summerall and the NFL Today's intro to this game still gives me goosebumps.

Thank you for sharing this!!! I'm too young to remember the early 90s Super Bowl seasons (I did have SB XXX on video cassette though which I watched a million times lol). Gonna watch this tonight!

Edit: omg and it has the commercials too! Wow what a blast from the past lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This game is bringing back many memories...I'm sure many of us have stories about the old days....it would be cool if we were allowed to share some to get the juices flowing... we could share stories about back in the day! Salud! Go Frikkin Cowboys!
I watched the 1981 game today on NFL Network, but I shut it down early as I couldn’t watch the freakin’ Catch again. Danny White threw some incredible passes in that game. It was nice to see his brilliance again. But it was weird seeing both teams punting from the opposition’s 35 yard line.

starman22

Reaction score
I don't live in the past so I'm not going to drum up old memories. I live in the now so this is going to be a fresh experience and I'll be loving every minute of it as the Cowboys put their greatness on full display... winning big!

Probably not a thread you should be hanging around in then.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
James Washington picking up a tripod against the 49ers in the 1994 rematch. Did he really think that would hurt a grown *** man? Lol

After a playoff defeat, Everson Walls laughing and talking to the enemy. I think it was the playoffs. Landry didn't look very happy.

Even though we lost, George Teague, knocking T.O off the Star.

Larry Allen, as the announcer called it, "That's one of most impressive athletic feats I have ever seen,"

Troy basically getting his career ended by Lavar Arrington.

My man Michael Irvin laying paralyzed on the Vet turf while the Eagle fans cheered.

The "Bounty Bowl"

Halloween in the rain against the feared Eagles. Emmitt with that long game sealing TD.

"The Catch"

Emmitt's Super Hero performance against the Giants.

Randy White and Conrad Dobler going at it.

!992 DWA aka Defense With Attitude towels waving.

Singing "Should've Been a Cowboy" after SB27.

Ken Norton and Jimmy Jones standing "Back to Back" after SB28.

I remember my dad breaking my little rocking chair when Roger threw that crucial 3rd INT against the Steelers in the SB. That's what go me into football. Lol

So many more...

Great times. :cool:

Shane612

Reaction score
How many remember Green Bay‘s coach getting knocked out on the sidelines. In the championship game. Too many stories. Trashing the TV when Smith dropped the ball the Endzone against Pittsburgh. To some crazy celebrations when we won our first Super Bowl . After being labeled can’t win the big one
That first super bowl win was the first full cowboys game I watched, from start to finish. Afterwards, I was hooked on the cowboys at the age of 8. I was living in San Diego, but I didn't follow the chargers or the rams.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Super Bowl against Denver. Either 77 or 78, getting old cant remember anymore. :D That game was actually kind of a comedy of errors, by BOTH teams,....especially in the first half. But one thing that was no joke,.....our defense was absolutely LIGHTS out. Our front 4 absolutely controlled that game. The Denver QB's has zero time from start to finish. They were either sacked, or getting hit a half second after they let the ball go. Knocked Morton out and they had to finish up with Norris weese. They were all great that day but ole 54 and 79 were flat out unblockable which lead to them being co MVP's. Right up my alley because Offensive and defensive line play is by FAR my favorite part of the game because THAT is where games are won and lost. BTW.....Randy white,....my favorite all time Cowboy,.. and that was the game that solidified it.

yimyammer

Reaction score
This game is bringing back many memories...I'm sure many of us have stories about the old days....it would be cool if we were allowed to share some to get the juices flowing... we could share stories about back in the day! Salud! Go Frikkin Cowboys!

Back in the glory days with the heat of the rivalry with the Niners at an all time high, the pent up demand for revenge against the Niners for 10+ years of hearing about the catch had reached a crescendo right before the Cowboys left to play them in the championship game at a pep rally held at Texas Stadium on a Thursday night

That day was January 14, 1993, the place was PACKED and I was there

it was pure joy, only to be surpassed by the Cowboy victory that soon followed

Here's the article about that night:

QWD15oa.jpg

Hayseed

Reaction score
Tom Landry having to come off the sideline on MNF and have the cops rig him up with a bullet proof vest because some deranged Rams fan called in and claimed he had a sniper in the stadium that was going to whack our coach! Cops wanted him to stay in the locker room but coach was having none of it,....came out with the vest instead. Old WW2 bomber pilots have some balls. Some nut making a phone call aint got squat on flying through triple A and flak!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Go☆Cowboys.

I will never understand Landry's fascination with Morton. Even after Staubach won him a SB the year before, Landry stuck with Morton even after Staubach was recovered from his injury. He finally came to his senses in this game in time for Staubach to bail him out. I hated Morton. The only time I was happier about him being traded was when Dallas met Morton's Broncos in SB XII. I had no doubt Morton would suck and Dallas would win, and that's exactly what happened.

As for the game in this video, the family had left the room when it appeared over to go play Aggravation (remember that board game?). I stayed in front of the TV, hoping Roger could pull off a miracle. When he did, my celebration looked a lot like Larry Cole's. My mom came running back into the room to see what was the matter with her little son. :muttley:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I fondly remember the 1975 NFCC game vs the rams.
Wildcard Cowboys were a heavy underdogs, but they whipped the rams 37-7. I can still see Preston Pearson diving to catch a TD pass in the end zone on a sunny California day.
I clearly remember watching the Vikings/Cowboys play off game the week before at a bar in Virginia Beach with some friends and friends family and the Hail Mary!

"I closed my eyes and said a Hail Mary." Roger Staubach after the win.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I clearly remember watching the Vikings/Cowboys play off game the week before at a bar in Virginia Beach with some friends and friends family and the Hail Mary!

We were visiting my uncle's house, post Christmas, and my brother only came into the room to razz me about the Cowboys losing to the Vikings (disgruntled Browns fan).

He laughed and left as Dallas was facing 4th and 16. He went to go eat only to come running back in to see why his little brother was going crazy. Mumbled something about Dallas being lucky and left again. That's pretty much a microcosm of my relationship with my brother to this day. I'd swear one of us was adopted. :muttley:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were visiting my uncle's house, post Christmas, and my brother only came into the room to razz me about the Cowboys losing to the Vikings (disgruntled Browns fan).

He laughed and left as Dallas was facing 4th and 16. He went to go eat only to come running back in to see why his little brother was going crazy. Mumbled something about Dallas being lucky and left again. That's pretty much a microcosm of my relationship with my brother to this day. I'd swear one of us was adopted. :muttley:
Good story!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Anyone else remember the Falcons possession before that winning drive? It was third and 3, Too Tall jumped early but managed to tap dance down the line to avoid offsides. Not only did he avoid it, he managed to get right where the run play was going and stuffed it. Atlanta was forced to punt, and we know the rest.