Old fans, unite!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Go☆Cowboys.

PK Tony Frisch kicking that ball with his back foot to the opposite side of the field caused just enough confusion for Dallas to recover the ball and go score the winning points. This come back was one for the ages. I remember thinking in the 3rd quarter with Craig Morton at the helm that their is no way the Cowboys win. But low and behold Staubach entered the game and a new purpose came over this team. They believed! Just like our guys have to keep believing in this game for all 60 minutes.

Mannix

Reaction score
Billy Joe Dupree getting a horrible 4th down spot when he was shoved backward after catching a high pass....game over.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lets make some more history Sunday CC!!!!!
image-placeholder-title.jpg

:):starspin::thumbup:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This game is bringing back many memories...I'm sure many of us have stories about the old days....it would be cool if we were allowed to share some to get the juices flowing... we could share stories about back in the day! Salud! Go Frikkin Cowboys!

I repeated this in another thread but I was 11, turning 12 in a month…during the Catch game and thought a other Super Bowl was on its way. My parents let us use those old foldable TV trays with the legs for big days snd I was sitting there watching game eating. When Catch happened that tray got flipped. Then I was excited with the Drews catch moving us up..then the fumble. I was wrecked for weeks. I took losses really hard back then.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Four minutes to go in SB XXX and the Cowboys were clinging to a 20-17 lead against the surging Steelers. Having endured two SB losses to that team in my childhood - and taking loads of abuse from the locals - I found myself swearing I'd burn every Cowboys item I had if they blew another SB versus THAT team. :muttley:

No sooner had that thought crossed my mind when Larry Brown grabbed his second pick of the game. Emmitt punched it in moments later and the celebration began.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have had my fill of the word: San Francisco and what is described as 'bad arse.'

Show 'em again, 'Boys!!

arlington-texas-usa-december-19-600w-787466053.jpg

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Four minutes to go in SB XXX and the Cowboys were clinging to a 20-17 lead against the surging Steelers. Having endured two SB losses to that team in my childhood - and taking loads of abuse from the locals - I found myself swearing I'd burn every Cowboys item I had if they blew another SB versus THAT team. :muttley:

No sooner had that thought crossed my mind when Larry Brown grabbed his second pick of the game. Emmitt punched it in moments later and the celebration began.

Neil O’Donnell made Larry Brown a boatload of money that game. Every Cowboys fan knew that Brown was the weak link in the Cowboys secondary so when O’Donnell threw 2 balls into Browns gut, the Raiders gave him a fat contract…..not surprisingly, he played like 12 games in 2 seasons of a 5 year contract and was cut.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So many memories. The first time I paid attention to the Cowboys was in 1978 after a Roger Staubach to Tony Hill touchdown. I've been hooked ever since and my love has only grown. Big moments:

-Losing Super XIII (I was crushed).
-Staubach's retirement press conference.
-Three straight NFCCG losses including The Catch ( a throwaway pass).
-Multiple years of futility.
-Jerry purchasing team / Jimmy Johnson hiring / Tom Landry firing.
-The Herschel Walker Trade.
-Seeing the Cowboys evolve into the most talented and deepest roster (possibly in NFL history).
-Charles Haley acquisition.
-Super Bowl XXVII (greatest moment of my Cowboys fandom).
-Super Bowl XXVIII.
-Jimmy Johnson firing (heartbreaking).
-Deion Sanders acquisition.
-Super Bowl XXX (cemented us as Team of the 90s).
-Randy Moss draft moment (I celebrated prematurely).
-Multiple years of futility.
-Bill Parcells hiring.
-Emergence of Tony Romo.
-The bobbled snap.
-The T.O. acquisition.
-2007 season (magical but prematurely ended).
-Dez Bryant draft pick (I was ecstatic).
-2014 season (Dez caught it)
-Ezekiel Elliott draft pick (I jumped for joy).
-2016 season (Dak Prescott and Zeke).
-Dak's emergence as the leader of the Dallas Cowboys.
-2021 season (Something special???)

Stay tuned, Cowboy Nation.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'll never forget Preston Pearson coming in on third and 8. Everyone knew he was getting the ball. And every time Roger still seemed to find him for a critical first down. I know he played for the hated Steelers before coming over to the light, but I loved watching him perform.